Offering a compliment on the street and not sounding desperate.

Ok, This is the scenario, I usually walk to my "regular" day time Job - not too far from where I live.

I'd stopped at a set of lights and a hot athletic looking guy popped up from around the corner....He was looking really fine this morning let me tell you!

Now I have on a sunglasses, so I think I don't look very approachable:cooter:

As soon as he came round the corner I wanted to tell him how hot he was looking with no intention of flirting or chatting him up.....but 200meters down the road I was kicking myself for not just blurting it out!

What is the best way of stopping someone on the street and saying " hello, may I tell you, you look hot!" without sounding desperate (or that is the impression I think I'd give off)?

I am not looking for "chatup" lines or anything like that, just trying to avoid that "are you that desperate kinna stare"

Edited by Secret-Silhouettes
compliments

It's always flattering to have someone give you a compliment. I might avoid the 'you look hot' type of comment tho, find a way to say the same thing without it sounding like a come on :)

Hello, i hope you don't mind me saying this, but you look really great. You take care of yourself, and it really shows.

:) and go on your way.

Try to avoid chasing after him down the street to get his attention ;)

• Like 2

Nice post Secret,

I don't think it looks desperate...unless your drolling when your saying it ;) just teasing.

Personnaly when i see someone really attractive...my eyes will speak for themselves and my smile of course ( if my jaw is not wide open...lol) But my line would be " Excuse me...i just want to say that you look incredily handsome" he would probably smile and say thank you blushing. and reply with "have a nice day...you just made mine!" And walk away...hoping he'll ask for my number hahaha!

BJ

Try to avoid chasing after him down the street to get his attention ;)

Wrong, wrong, wrong....

run him down.......with a big net in one hand & a

box of condoms in the other....

men love that!

What is the best way of stopping someone on the street and saying " hello, may I tell you, you look hot!" without sounding desperate (or that is the impression I think I'd give off)?

I am not looking for "chatup" lines or anything like that, just trying to avoid that "are you that desperate kinna stare"

Well, I have been known to go up & lick a random chest,

but I have recently been informed by the local

constabulary that this is considered " pushy ".

Puritans!

Seriously though,

I once saw 2 hot guys doing Hydro work & I just blurted out,

" Is it wrong that I'm turned on by dayglo orange?"

Got a good laugh followed by,

" Hell, no!".

Just the other day, I was in the line at the drug store,

grabbed my stuff, looked back & WOW,

what a hottie. I actually did a double take.

He's looking at me like I 'm nuts but I couldn't help it.

So I say, " Man, you look like a younger Jon Hamm", which he did.

He got a huge smile on his face, looked at his buddy,

back at me & said,

" Thanks, I'll take that".

I gave him a 2 thumbs up & said, "Tell your Mom,

good job!" & walked away.

I think men appreciate a sincere compliment as much as we do.

As long as their wife/GF is not around.

Bitches be crazy.

.hoping he'll ask for my number hahaha!

BJ

If Junior Jon Hamm had asked,

I would have given him my address & a key to my apartment!

Alas, no.

Maybe next time!

Fun post SS!

Sandi

Elle Diablo: ...and I know how much you need a big hamm!

From a woman that had me pass a note in study hall

to the cute zygote cooking our wings......seriously?

And I don't need a big hamm...

I need a big sausage.

Get it straight! :icon_razz:

Edited by sandimoon
  • Like 3

Guest Miss Jane TG

I would never! Now boys don't point your guns toward me. You are ones supposed to do that, not the girls!

Guest webothscore

Hi Secret,

Very rarely will a guy think it's a turn off or desperate. Receiving a compliment anywhere, in almost any fashion, is sexy.

Was reading this and thinking and chuckling.....no I have not had much for compliments ever on the street over the years.... face to face.

But many times I have had my ass squeezed and get the "nice butt" comment ...which is A Okay :)

Maybe I should walk backwards ? ;)

Compliments are awesome for us fellas and most will sincerely appreciate it girls !! and not talkin ass there

Guest *l**e

nothing i would like more than to receive a random compliment from a nice lady.

I throw compliments out when the mood hits...just today I saw a very pregnant lady in a beautiful sundress and I did not hesitate to tell that I thought she looked very beautiful in her pretty dress. she kinda blushed a bit but replied with a huge smile..."thank you" and kind of blushed a bit.

I think she was happy.

Approaching a man with a compliment without looking desperate is to do it in a subtle manner and finding a reason to strike up a convo with him. For instance if you're in the produce section at a grocery store and you're both picking out vegetables, say something about the vegetables. Be friendly but not overly. Make it seem natural with eye contact and smile.

Then you can sequeway into something about him having a nice smile or whatever it is you find attractive. However, it has to be a quality that isn't sexual. Men like women who appear to be in control in a confident way without coming on too strong. Then walk away and don't look back. If he's interested, he will make an attempt to continue contact with you.

Engaging men and being friendly with still a bit of mystique and a touch of playing hard to get always work. If they're interested, they will want to know more. ;)

• Like 1

I'd keep it simple, big smile, and "wow, you look great".

If you wanted to try for a conversation you could always ask "what's your secret?", but personally I'm a little shy so probably would just give the compliment and leave it at that.

Bianca brings up a good point. It's always flattering to get a good look and smile from a lady in public. Otherwise just being polite and honest makes my day. That approach shows maturity, confidence which are both attractive qualities!

I give compliments to men and women equally. If I think it and have an opportunity to say it, I will. You always hope it's meant in the spirit it's being given but I generally say it, smile and then walk away this way no one feels there is an expectation of more or even having to reply. It's done to do it not for an expectation of return. If more happens after that point, great but it's never the expectation. Open and sincere, generally works well.

• Like 1