Boyfriend Tracking App: Creepy And Crazy Or Usefull Intelligience

http://www.geektown.ca/2013/08/boyfriend-tracking-app-creepy-and-crazy-or-helpful-intelligence.html

Married guys watch out, this could pose a threat to your partaking in this lifestyle

Gives strength to the argument of using a dedicated cell phone that your SO knows nothing about for this lifestyle or buy a cheap disposable phone

that you throw away after each encounter

Remember, a separate phone or a throwaway phone cheaper than a divorce

But btw, and just my opinion, an invasion of privacy, but think of what signals you are giving off that your SO suspects you in the first place

RG

• Like 1

Unfortunately it's not just this app. There are many that utilize the GPS on your phone to track your whereabouts and some even post it somewhere. The only safe bet is to turn off all GPS functions. It's also important to read the features on apps because most times we're granting full access to these apps.

We seem to be becoming a society of more monitoring and that is not a good thing.

• Like 1

This app apparently doesn't just give away your location, it can intercept and monitor text messages and allow the user of the app to eavesdrop on phone conversations.

It is a major invasion of privacy, everyone's cell phone is their own, unless you choose to share it with your SO and then you knowingly run your risks

Anyhow posted for infor

RG

question: But would not the person have access to the phone to download the app????

I dont know but I have a security code on my phone that only I and I know, and do not share with anyone.. not even my SO..

And Piano I believe that app or something similar is also available for other celphones...

But anyways... it is insane... sometimes technology reaches out off limits... we need to draw the line at some point

Edited by P*****n****o
  • Like 1

I know my phone, an android is password protected, so how to upload it I don't know. And my guess every type phone could be vulnerable, from what I read Apple sued Samsung (android) because they claimed it was a copy of the Apple technology

RG

• Like 1

We seem to be becoming a society of more monitoring and that is not a good thing.

But anyways... it is insane... sometimes technology reaches out off limits... we need to draw the line at some point

No shit, this is just creepy!

Although, if I had children, this would work for me but discussed ahead of time.

You know, " Hey, I know you want your privacy but

every once in a while Mom needs to check your

phone/computer to make sure you're good."

My parents always reserved the right to do a room sweep if they thought something

was wrong or pick up the extension to make sure I wasn't planning a

bank robbery with my crew! :icon_wink:

And these days, with online/cell bullying & pedophile stalkers,

I believe parents have not only the right but the duty to

monitor those with whom their kids are communicating.

http://www.geektown.ca/2013/08/boyfriend-tracking-app-creepy-and-crazy-or-helpful-intelligence.html

Married guys watch out, this could pose a threat to your partaking in this lifestyle

Gives strength to the argument of using a dedicated cell phone that your SO knows nothing about for this lifestyle or buy a cheap disposable phone

that you throw away after each encounter

Remember, a separate phone or a throwaway phone cheaper than a divorce

But btw, and just my opinion, an invasion of privacy, but think of what signals you are giving off that your SO suspects you in the first place

RG

My thoughts exactly before I even got to this part of your post.

If an SO is so suspicious she resorts to this, doubts existed long ago.

I would NEVER do this to a BF.

If I'm thinking he's cheating, he gets confronted, I will ask to see his

phone, & if he has something to hide, he gets a one way ticket to the door.

I abhor liars & flat out refuse to be in a relationship with

no solid foundation of trust.

And it works both ways, the exception being work.

My guests expect & get absolute privacy.

If someone were tracking me, saw THEIR messages back & I found out,

I would have his balls on my bookshelf in 2 seconds.

Sandi

• Like 1

from what I read Apple sued Samsung (android) because they claimed it was a copy of the Apple technology

RG

They've sued each other back and forth, Apple suing Samsung was more on the design of the phone and not about security features or anything.

Apple is not more secure than Android in terms of security. Maybe Blackberry would be a little more better in terms of security.

Anyways, someone will always make something for someone and someone will want to use the technology. It would be very hard to control. Is what it is.

Basically you can only do what you can do to keep things private from other people...you control your phone...or for some the phone controls them, but different topic all together lol

• Like 3

And Piano I believe that app or something similar is also available for other celphones...

there is a tracking app for BlackBerrys and iPhones. But it's a tool to find your phone if you've lost it. It requires a password access. As far as I know, BlackBerrys don't allow for an app to be installed then hidden. And communication is only recorded if it's on a BES server for corporations and not personal phones

there is a tracking app for BlackBerrys and iPhones. But it's a tool to find your phone if you've lost it. It requires a password access. As far as I know, BlackBerrys don't allow for an app to be installed then hidden. And communication is only recorded if it's on a BES server for corporations and not personal phones

I was not attacking either iphone (which I am not a fan of) or Black berry I am actually a bb user.. I was directing my comment more towards the app is there it exists and no matter for what brand... In any case I think is insane... Perosnally I would not use it... For the simple reason that I would hate to know that someone is using it on me... Is simply wrong!

You would be amazed at how easy it is to install a Trojan on an android device. That is, you think you're installing something legitimate like say an Angry Birds game, which you are, but along with it comes a botnet. The botnet can be quite sophisticated, enough to not only track you, but take pictures, videos without you knowing and send that back to a command and control. Scary stuff.

• Like 2

Agree 100 percent with Meg

I am curious though how, if you password protect your phone, someone else could download this tracking app

RG

Agree 100 percent with Meg

I am curious though how, if you password protect your phone, someone else could download this tracking app

RG

if someone knows your password, then yes it's quite easy to download the software onto your phone and go from there.

Just make sure you trust the phone with the person you are lending to...but in this case maybe an SO, all comes down to trust really...it would look suspicious if you didn't want to lend your phone to your SO, might be hiding something.

Edited by conquistador

Shenanigans like this is why I hate Androids. Terrible security

A friend of mine has this on her son's iPhone. He's pretty tech savvy and has no idea.

It is actually pretty creepy, they can set their own phone to ring when his does, so they can listen to his conversations.

The person monitoring can go to a website which will show a detailed call log and a map of his movements.

Again, if your are a pooner, you should have a specific "work" phone that is password protected.

We have company phones at my job. We have had wives phone our office demanding to know the password for them. Seriously. I think if a wife of fiancee or girlfriend "has" to know the password to your phone there's trouble.

• Like 1

Geez, why not instead just put ankle bracelets on your SO and kids like a court would do if someone gets granted bail

This is just creepy, if someone's spouse is to the point that you monitoring him/her like this, the relationship is already over

RG

• Like 1

In my mind its all about being careful.

If you turn on find my phone and track your iphone with it from another device you immediately get a pop-up saying you are being tracked. If a device joins your iTunes account you get a notification of that as well. Sure if you jailbreak your phone some apps can be loaded to bypass those features, but if you are smart enough to jailbreak your phone you can run a location faker as well.

The android world is a little more open but in all reality if you are going to give your SO open access to your device to install an app you are gonna get busted for so many other things you left around.

My advice :) if you dont know how to use your tool... Keep it safe in your pants!!

Kelly

• Like 5

iPhone location tracking is factory built-in, no extra application needs to be installed.

Check out:

iPhone tracking: What you need to know: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/04/21/iphone.tracker.explainer/index.html

How to See the Secret Tracking Data in Your iPhone: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2383943,00.asp

Guest S*rca****sid

Every smart phone tracks it's own location as default. It has too! If it didn't, it wouldn't be able to work on the network. Each tower has to know where you are and where you are going to keep you connected.

The only way to avoid this, is to not use a cell phone.

I am married and my wife and I do not share phones, ever! We both have our phones password protected as I suggested this would be best if we ever "lost" our phones. This made it sound as though I was concerned about our privacy/safety when in reality my primary reason was to keep her from feeling the need to "use" my phone when I am in another room, etc. We both value and respect each others privacy but no need to take chances, right?

Also I change the code on my phone on a very regular irregular basis. I trust her but the only person you can trust 100% is yourself.;)

Every smart phone tracks it's own location as default. It has too! If it didn't, it wouldn't be able to work on the network. Each tower has to know where you are and where you are going to keep you connected.

The only way to avoid this, is to not use a cell phone.

Never mind smartphones... Every cellphone is in touch with its nearest tower at any given time, and the cellphone companies keep logs on which phone is associated with each tower at any given time. That doesn't pinpoint your exact location, but it's not bad, especially in urban areas.

And even when they're turned off, phones STILL periodically touch base with the nearest tower, so your cellphone provider still knows roughly where you are. The only way to avoid that is to remove your cellphone's battery - which, let's face it, most of us aren't going to bother to do.

Guest S*rca****sid
Never mind smartphones... Every cellphone is in touch with its nearest tower at any given time, and the cellphone companies keep logs on which phone is associated with each tower at any given time. That doesn't pinpoint your exact location, but it's not bad, especially in urban areas.

And even when they're turned off, phones STILL periodically touch base with the nearest tower, so your cellphone provider still knows roughly where you are. The only way to avoid that is to remove your cellphone's battery - which, let's face it, most of us aren't going to bother to do.

Yes, that's why my final sentence was "The only way to avoid this, is to not use a cell phone".