Protect yourself and your wallet--A few tips on how to avoid Bait and Switch

Thanks to Gabby for reminding me of this thread. Here is a post I made in another thread that better fits here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to make a broad post here for all you gentlemen that rely on Tineye or other image search functions. Generally, you get very good results however no results does not always mean "good.

There is a flaw in the search functions and that is the picture must match in order to pop up. If you take a picture, well known on the internet and use it in a search, it will pop up many results. However if you take that same image and FLIP it in any image software, many times the image searches will NOT pick it up.

So, if you have someone you're checking out that seems "clean", save the image(s), flip them and try again. Extra time and effort yes, but also extra precaution. Many are not sophisticated enough for this trick but some are and your safety is paramount.

Happy searching.

• Like 3

I agree that having a quick dialog with your date can give you clues if they are for real or not. I think it goes both ways, where I also can get a feel for a guy's intentions via our quick back and forth in messaging.

Doesn't take that long and can help avoid unpleasant situations for all! <3

There is a girl in backpage and other sites she text First time clients pay 25$ to watch her cam show and then after i paid 25$ she takes out everything and doesn't show up.

Don't deposit money in their before knowing them.Please be smart. Thanks

• Like 1

Just wanted to know that I have been the victim of several Baits in the last 6 years. One stands out as the Girl would not talk to me and I thought she was playing hard to get. I was living in a secured building, use of access cards and fobs to enter the garage, elevator and weight room/sauna. Somehow this Girls "Protector" we shall say for lack of better words. Knocked on my door, girl rushed out and he said "you should be ashamed of yourself."

Heart pumping and adreniline running I shut the door and called Security. They were out of the building before Security could locate them. This was from C R A I G S L I S T, when it was semi-safe (before I was aware of CERB or other dependable sites), but I have now taken measures in always calling the girl, never text. Make sure that she knows what she enjoys, her restrictions, speaks English and knows my City. I somewhat do an Interview with "New Girls" I see, but it is my donation to the Adventure; I want to make it worth my time and hoping it makes Hers.

BD

• Like 3

Great tips, thanks for all this useful info. I've been "burned" several times, especially before I discovered Lyla.com (Cerb back then). So I think it's very revealing just how extensive these fraudsters are who are literally stealing or extorting your hard earned money. You also have to be careful about "outcalls" to your residence. I once had my "date" show up and let's just say, she was "scary". In most of these cases, including incalls to bad areas, there will be "muscle" lurking in the background. If you start to complain, they will confront you for a minimum chunk of change and also of course the cost of transportation. Talk about a scam.

The second part of this thread taught me something new and very practical as well. When someone (SP) PMs me asking to know more about me, I tend to provide TMI (too much info). I've been known to ramble. I had always THOUGHT that most SPs DID NOT LIKE OR OFTEN HAVE TIME FOR CALLS. But really, it makes so much sense and is so much more efficient. Talking reveals much more and as we know, texting is known to sometimes lose something in translation. (Can be easy to misinterpret a comment or emotion).

Thanks for this thread, too many of us have been "used" this way. It's great to see the spotlight is being turned on these all too often "hidden" ripoff schemes. Your advice is invaluable.

• Like 3

Favour well reputed advertising platforms like this one, Eros or Indy Companion for your searches. A great indicator is when the SP has a website of their own. It definitely adds to their credibility.

Before I built my website, when I was newer to the industry, on occasion I would send a picture doing a pose, hand sign or something of the sort for reassurance. I'm not inclined to do that anymore since I have my website, but if you're exchanging with a provider who doesn't have one then this might be a helpful little trick.

Use your judgement. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. You aren't going to find a Ferrari for the price of a Civic haha ;)

Google image search works well, however I tested it with a flipped image and it did let me down ;(

With google Chrome you can right click on images to search them out right from the webpage. Very fast!

It certainly provides some piece of mind.

Like all things that should be common sense, sometimes not so. Thanks for the helpful reads for someone new to this.

JD

Exactly what u was thinking! It's a scary thought being naive to think everyone is out to do good and not always worrying about being scammed.

This is really Useful, Thanks for time in educating newbies like me.

It is truly sad that women deceive the gentlemen the way some have.

I have heard some stories and am at a lost for words.

Hopefully you guys will find the hidden gems and not be scared off. oxox