No Blocked Numbers

I need to put this one out there.

I notice many indys and some agencies ask for numbers to not be blocked. I appreciate that this was originally to let them a) have a number to call you back on and b) to give some level of security as the number could be traced if something happens.

But in this day and age with sms spoofing websites and disposable phones or sim cards bought with cash, is it really required?

Can anyone else comment on this with regard to their opinion and how technology has changed the face of the business such that using a non blocked number gains little with regards to the SP security?

Guest realnicehat
I need to put this one out there.

I notice many indys and some agencies ask for numbers to not be blocked. I appreciate that this was originally to let them a) have a number to call you back on and b) to give some level of security as the number could be traced if something happens.

But in this day and age with sms spoofing websites and disposable phones or sim cards bought with cash, is it really required?

Can anyone else comment on this with regard to their opinion and how technology has changed the face of the business such that using a non blocked number gains little with regards to the SP security?

Krusty, why the need to put it out there?

Are you pointing out a potential flaw in security to help the ladies protect themselves or would you just prefer to make contact from a blocked number?

In my everyday life I am suspicious of people who hide behind blocked numbers, so much so that I often screen them, and at no point in my day am I inviting them to be alone with me in my private residence.

Does the phone number really do anything to protect the lady? Honestly, very little. Yes, she can google and check the bad client list but I'm sure an overachieving psychopath will have a work around for just about any situation. As Cleo said, if something happens and she doesn't have that number then she has nothing to give to the police. That idea scares the shit out of me because in reality, the number only helps her after the fact.

We rarely talk about how big a risk these ladies are taking being alone with us in a secluded location. I've lost track of the number of providers I've seen but, in reality, I could have harmed any one of them. (Those gals who have met me are probably laughing right now and thinking "I would have kicked your ass you big pussy" but still....). Did the fact that they had my cell phone number keep me from doing so? No, the fact that I'm not a violent nut job kept me from doing so. It has never crossed my mind, as I'm sure it hasn't crossed yours.

In the end, it is a matter of trust and instinct that allows the ladies to do their job without being a nervous wreck. If something as simple as giving them a phone number eases their mind then why not? I don't know about you but I like my ladies relaxed and happy :)

Edited by realnicehat

Regarding the "need to put this out there" thing, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to a long time member and take is as the "need" to bring up something he sees and thinks is of dubious value and it bugs him and he wants to know why it is still used.

Regarding blocked numbers, allow me to digress for a bit - to smoked plastic license plate covers.

IMHO people do not buy those to protect their plates. People buy them to obfuscate their registration numbers when they go through red-light and speed cameras. Whenever I see them, my first thought is "what other laws are you willing to break?"

Back to blocked numbers. There are innocent reasons why someone might call from a blocked number. There are as whole host of nefarious reasons someone else would use one.

Notwithstanding all the ways of spoofing and circumventing the blocked number thing, I side with the decision to err on the side of caution and refuse to answer such calls. No, it's not a foolproof was of avoiding asshats, but nothing is 100%.

A final thought. If a guy is calling on a blocked number when, as noted, it is almost universally noted in SP advertising that no blocked numbers will be accepted, this guy is either seriously procedurally challenged (read: doesn't understand the rules) or disrespectful (read: doesn't care what the rules are). In either event, the SP who passes on the call is not losing a good client.

Just my two bits...

• Like 7

There has to be a level of trust on both sides. When someone calls blocking a number its a signal to us that you are hiding something and quite frankly if you aren't going to give me your info why would I give you mine. Yes technology has changed and numbers aren't fool proof or always reliable but they are a start.

You have recourse when dealing with a reputable sp, if she causes you trouble we have a trail, with advertising, web pages, etc. When screening a potential client all we have is the info you give us. Certainly there are no guarantees with our screening methods, but we can only do so much. I rely more on instinct and again when blocking a number that only makes me wonder and wonder negatively. Your name and phone number are the basics and necessities for booking an appointment. If an sp were willing to book a client without those I'd be suspicious of him/her.

• Like 5

No blocked numbers is a no brainer. It is the very minimum a lady requires. You want her to be with you alone intimately, which requires a high degree of trust. You want her to give you her phone number so you can phone her. You want her to provide you with her address. What, is it a one way street here for you, she provides you with her phone number, her address, and then is supposed to spend time alone with you intimately? Yet you can't provide your phone number to the lady. That's usually just a minimum that ladies require btw before they would even consider seeing a potential client

Seeing ladies isn't about anonymous sexual encounters. Most ladies, well at least the ones I see require full verification, including real name. I'm at a loss as to why your "need" to put it out there...an unblocked phone number an issue for you, really? What is she to think, a potential client who won't even respect minimum screening requirements like no blocked numbers, what other boundaries will the man try to cross if she agrees to see him? If giving your phone number to a companion is that big a concern for you, just remember, you not giving your phone number is going to be more than a concern for the ladies, it is likely going to raise flags with her. And instead of seeing you as a client, she'll see someone else, a gentleman who will respect her screening methods.

RG

• Like 3

It's almost worth asking the question the other way around - in real terms, why wouldn't you want an SP to know your number if you're serious about booking a session. I can't think of one (reasonable) answer that isn't just a hypothetical situation.

• Like 1

I think it's worth asking the question the other way around - in real terms, why wouldn't you want a SP to have your number is you're serious about booking a sessions. I can't think of one reasonable answer that isn't just a hypothetical situation.

I'm not a service provider of any kind, but if you call me from a blocked number, I do not answer. You don't have to talk to the hand, but you WILL have to talk to my voicemail. If you don't leave a message, it really wasn't that important, now was it?

Regarding the ladies on this board, I don't blame them for not taking calls from blocked numbers. Was I comfortable letting my number show up on their phone when I first started visiting these ladies? Not a whole lot. That's why I started with CERB ladies and have pretty well stuck to them. They have reputations and livelihoods to protect, just as we do. It's like I tell my kids about cops..........if you haven't done anything wrong, you have absolutely nothing to fear. Analogy...if you don't act like an idiot, these ladies are quite a nice bunch of gals.

• Like 7

My comment about "putting it out there" was just an expression of bringing up a topic that I had a feeling was going to get some pretty passionate views. Nothing more.

After reading many advertisements, I just wanted to know what people thought because of the ease in which a number can be spoofed. I was not commenting in any way on my own views or practices and tried to pose the questions from that neutral point of view.

I appreciate everyone's responses so far. Thank you for your opinions.

K

• Like 4

I don't think anyone was judging you, my friend. I think you actually opened a heluva thread and there were some great comments that followed. If I were able to give any more rep tonight, you'd have had it.

• Like 1

Guest webothscore

I too ran out of rep and thx today. Krusty put out his genuine feelings and got some good discussion. Basically, a provider's safety and discretion is #1. Clients too want the same of themselves. Everyone has that right, but both sides go about it in different ways for obvious reasons. Some do not need discretion and this no doubt makes it easier for providers, GENERALLY speaking. Socials are a great idea for some. Whoever started that idea deserves unrivaled recognition...

I am not an SP but spoken to enough to say this:

While the semblance of security from an unblocked number is recognized, an unblocked number is not just about security, but also to differentiate clients. An SP that I know flags all the dumbasses upon their initial contact and then she can simply avoid them if there is subsequent contact from the same pinheads. If you are rude, drunk, etc., then you go into her naughty list, too, since she has no interest in seeing you again.

I am thankfully in her good books so I am able to get through to her because her phone filters out the schmucks mostly automatically now.

From time to time, I see an ad from an SP on BP saying she will accept clients from blocked numbers. IMHO, she can have those sketchy clients, and let the vast majority of quality SPs enjoy the safety and financial rewards of the respectful, generous, professional gentlemen of CERB that they so very well deserve.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

It's the only thing I have to know who you are. Yes, it could be spoofed, but there are always risks.

Anything is possible, of course I'm guessing but I would say that 99% of the times the number will not be spoofed.

Krusty, why the need to put it out there?

Why not put it out there? Opens up a discussion, which is a big part of this board.

• Like 2

One thing I want to comment on. Sometimes guys just want to call in to find out prices and descriptions, etc., before making a commitment to come see a lady. Too many providers out there that just rudely refuse to answer any basic questions with blocked numbers. Maybe some of the ladies need to be a bit more flexible on this. We don't want to be spammed constantly by ladies or agencies who we only called in once to get pricing for. Perhaps a more flexible approach would be "no blocked numbers when booking"?

Providers "rudely" refusing to answer blocked calls? Probably the same ones that "rudely" refuse to see drunk clients. Really?

Her life. Her rules.

Are people actually getting "spammed" by ladies and agencies? Hmm... news to me.

I guess I'm not understanding these threads that question provider's rules. Every person and business sets basic rules for contact. Part of life. Get past it.

My two-bits worth.

• Like 7

It's a give and take, it can't be all by the provider's rules, just like it can't all be by the client's rules. At some point people have to come to a compromise.

I'd like a provider to correct me but especially in this area it can and IMHO must be by the provider's rules.

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat
It's a give and take, it can't be all by the provider's rules, just like it can't all be by the client's rules. At some point people have to come to a compromise.

If you really need to ask a question while holding on to some form of anonymity you can email, PM or get yourself a hobby phone.

When you are dealing with personal safety there really isn't room for compromise.....

It's simple.

Most SP's advertise. Most SP's (although not all) fall into a specific cost category. Most SP's have pics and info either here or on their website.

Reading this info can go a long way to answering your questions.

And most SP's will not answer blocked numbers including myself. It is a safety factor but it is also a "oooo theres one of my favourite dates calling" thing. In my experience blocked numbers are a waste of my time and I suspect most other SP's as well.

Safety is truly an aspect, perhaps the main one, that we don't answer blocked. We have only so many places to reference a prospective playdate. And yes most SP's keep a log of "their dates". Whether they're a waste of time by booking and not cancelling, no chemistry, rude, drunk, obnoxious, unhygienic. Whatever.

It is too easy for our information to be out there, but I see no purpose for yours to be hidden. It's not like we are a bunch of women waiting to ruin your lives by hounding you, calling you up for a chat, or "telling" on you. That is like shooting yourself in the foot business wise.

I am very surprised to hear that some will answer blocked calls and suspect these are few and far between. No SP worth her salt would do this. And if you do, you're asking for the lowest common denominator in clients. Obviously desperate for money for some reason or other that does the rest of us no favours.

• Like 4

Avoiding the WOTs and tirekickers is why I'm email only. I'm going to start answering blocked calls whispering...

"It's done but there's blood everywhere and there's a dog, what should I do with the dog?"

My calls don't come from clients but telemarketers so it should be fun...

cat

• Like 4

Guest realnicehat

You're right Chanel, there is a lot more to it than safety. I probably over simplified. :)

Even from a logistical point of view it makes no sense to answer blocked calls. If a provider's policy were to allow people to ask questions from blocked numbers is she then not obligating herself to answer every single blocked call? Every crank, every time-waster, every whisky dick having late night drunk would have to be tolerated in order to find the actual clients.

Remember back in the dark ages before call display existed? You had no way of knowing who was calling. Every time the phone rang you simply answered it. And after you did you quite often thought to yourself "fuck, why did I answer this? I wish I'd known". We live in a world where technology allows us to decide if we want to take a call. Why would a provider want to move backward from that?