Most CERBians are relatively affluent.

Do you think this is true? I'm not sure as I certainly am not.

I make an average living at best but combined we are doing OK.

I will admit this is part of the reason I haven't jumped in with both feet, but it's a very small portion as to why.

I KNOW the ladies here are worth every penny they charge and then some, as you can't put a price on happiness.

If an encounter lasts for an hour, how long does the feeling of happiness stay with you? Just that hour?

If so, I would think you have much bigger problems.

Hammy. I kind of know where you are coming from.

Years and years ago I fell madly in love with someone I thought was my soul mate. She was perfect in my mind.

I however, was someone that she loved, but was never sexually attracted to. This relation ship has haunted me to this day. I see her every few years and she usually appears just I happen to forget about her and all the

feelings come flowing back. She knows how I feel about her to this day, but nothing has changed. She is divorced and looking for a man but I am still not the one. After 30 years have passed and 3 kids, she still has the body of a 20 YO and is sexy to the core. This woman can get you hard by looking at you.

I must say (if I haven't already) CERB is such an awesome site. I love coming on here and learning about other people and about myself.

This thread in particular has helped me over a bit of a hump and I appreciate all of the feedback that has been given.

I do feel like a bit of an outsider at this point but in time, that may change.

Thank you, especially to the ladies.

• Like 2

Hey MBRider

Yeah. I love this gorgeous woman but I just didn't know how to show it. My lack of confidence had me suffocating her as I wanted to be with her every second of every day and that was out of fear of losing her to someone else, especially a past lover who she still sees on a regular basis. This stupidity had me becoming too much for her to deal with. This will haunt me for the rest of my life as I really felt she could make me happy. I would have given her anything and everything in a second. It'll be a long time before I get past this I do at all. I'm goin to get counselling as I've been pretty devastated since it all came apart. I still love her but that's a moot point.

Depression is an illness and something I will deal with the rest of my life. I pray I can find myself and that inner happiness - once that's figured out I'll hopefully be someone that another can love.

Happiness is that holy grail but the journey starts within.

In general yes I'm a very happy person most of the time. This does not mean that life is always great but I firmly believe that one needs to experience the sad times in order to appreciate the happy ones.

I firmly believe that happyness is instilled in us as children by our parents and mostly comes from a possitive additude. Having grown up in a family where love was in abundance and money not so much taught us the value of family and what is important in life. Thinking of others before yourself like our parents did and take pride in all your accomplishments can bring you such joy.

Life is not meant to be easy and I for one can relate to this. I married the love of my life and had two wonderful children together. About ten years after we were married my wife started to suffer from migrain headaches and as the years went by the headaches increased to the point where she has very few good days. To top it all off in march she was diagnosed with cancer but we are determined to beat this terrible disease so that we can grow old together.

We take whatever joy we can each and every day and love helping out our kids when we can. Last October we became grandparents to a beautiful baby boy and what a joy he is.

Like I said take a good look at what life has delt you and if you realy want to there will be much joy to be gotten. After all we do live in the best country in the world.

"Is happiness a "moral obligation?"

What a bunch of non-sense...

Its terrible advice.

The universe doesn't owe anyone a living, but acting happy when you are not is not going to help... it just going to lead you to blow up at some later point. Its BAD psychological advise.

The video is confusing happiness and being polite. One can be polite and not take ones own pain out on others, without being happy or even pretending to be happy.

It also has an obnoxious moral tone that will just ultimately stress people out. Is he seriously telling a depressed person, that they now HAVE to act Happy!. That would make them feel even worse because they are being told that they are morally obligated to pretend to be happy when they are not!!!

If you are unhappy, talk to people, seek treatment if necessary, get a hobby, learn to relax, exercise, meditate, entertain oneself, take pleasure is little things (the sound of the wind through the trees).

But pretending to be happy because some religious nut case wants to make you feel guilty about not being happy is a recipe for disaster. The idea that pretending to be happy is an "moral" obligation, adds on an unnecessary burden that will make people more unhappy.

I guess if i was honest... i would say No. I have many great things in my life... wonderful wife... amazing children... financially secure but while they bring great joy to me I still live in the shadow of grief.... Time is making a difference but I am afraid it remains a constant in my life.

Just read this article about habits of happy people and thought this thread was where I should post it, hope I'm not hijacking it :redface:

Interesting, but I wanted to point out that "They let themselves lose track of time." is also a symptom of pathological gambling and compulsive behaviors in general... the health benefits of letting yourself lose track of time depends a lot on what you are doing, and how often.

Edit: wanted to add that finding a healthy way of losing yourself I think is very important. I find that when I'm painting I can lose myself in the art and when I'm done, I have a painting that I'm proud to put on my wall, or give to a friend (I even sold one recently).

Edited by nntsci
added information

I am not happy lately either. Life has been feeling heavy. And long. And hard. 

Seeing certain SP’s take that feeling away for a bit and allow me to relax. 

I am not happy and I wish I was.

• Sad 2

What defines happiness? I have read some comments on here and many are looking for the greatest sex partner in their life.  No wonder many of us are visiting this site often and searching for the greatest SP to have for 1 hour(pr more) to make us happy.  I just recently turned 56 and always considered myself happy but talking from experience I always had the same feeling that most gentleman on here has, the best sex experience in the world.  But all that changed for me and now HAPPINESS for me is...

Health...A year ago almost on this day I fell very ill.  Lost of hearing, lost of vision, lost of weight, lost of strength, lost of friends, lost of happiness.  I got a break from all of that in the middle of the year and visited the only SP that I have seen for over 5 years on a bi-weekly schedule.  Yes, even when Covid first hit us(we took a 2 months break but kept our routine going) it was scary and stressful but we took our precautions and did it.

Getting back to happiness...take care of your health and you will find it...trust me.  Because at the end of August things restarted to go bad for me and it attacked my other organs which I will not go into details on this since it's personal.  But all I can say is that I no longer have a driving license and rely on others to move me around where I need to go.  So I urge you to rethink what is happiness.  You will soon realize that your health is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/10/2023 at 10:01 AM, NotchJohnson said:

"and now HAPPINESS for me is...Health..."

sorry to hear about your health problems, hope things improve... yes health is certainly a big factor in happiness.

at 59, I'm keenly aware of my own mortality... and hope I have a few good years left.

Exercise every day to keep that health up. so far so good... finger cross for a few more years of amazing sex with one or two great ladies I see

• Like 1