Hey all!

I've been in the hobby for sometime now and I know how things work with SPs. I've been thinking of going to an MA but the tipping is making me nervous. I don't like carrying more cash then I need but I don't want to Low ball the girl. Does it work on a % basis or is it something that is agreed upon.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi

Tipping Varies form lady to lady..

here is a generalization but is always best to contact the lady or spa of you interest to get more exact info... But at least is a start point...

Normally when you Visit a Spa/ Massage Parlour there is a door Fee that can range between 40$ and 80$ depending on the length of the appt.., also can be higher if you are looking for something longer than 60 min.. and/or Duo Session..

Tipping can range Between 60$ and 120$...l again this is at the discretion on the lady and to be discuss directly with her

If you were to be looking at an Indy.. most of them offer Package prices.., so is a one fee that includes all..., Also some of spa ladies like myself... also offer packages (all inclusive prices) so that there is no suprises to the gentlemen that decide to visit...

Good Luck and Welcome to the MA world!

• Like 7

In the recent past, there was a general rule of thumb for tipping of $20 per service. This may not apply everywhere though, and can tend to be location-specific.

First, of course, there's the "door fee", which usually ranges from $30 to $70 depending on duration of the session and the location you go to, daily special deals, etc. This is the part of the fee that is given to the spa for their administrative costs, such as rent, maintenance, and advertising. If you go to see an independent, they still need to pay for these sorts of costs for their own place, so you would include it in their fee as well, but they would call it their basic fee. The door fee or the basic fee is usually all that's ever given over the phone, the rest is discussed in private. The tips are usually discussed directly with the girl, but some indies may give you the overall fees on the phone.

Now as for the tips, as mentioned it operates on a $20/service rule of thumb. First charged service is usually the HJ. The next service is whether you want the girl topless or nude; topless is $20, nude is another $20. So a topless HJ would be maybe $40, while a nude HJ would be $60. Then some girls offer extra services beyond that, such as bodyslides, etc., which could be another $20.

Now in most spas, they'll never itemize it that way, they would consider it crass, but they usually just suggest a tip between $60 and $100 is suggested. But that falls somewhat into the $20 rule of thumb range too, maybe a little more.

• Like 4

I think having to discuss money when one is trying to relax and enjoy is horribly tacky and uncomfortable and especially having to get off a table and go reach in your wallet - what a mood killer.

These are the main reasons why CMJ has the all inclusive fee Kellyxo was making reference too. It takes the guess work out of it and its just all about the pleasure, not business.

Sounds like Lebeausky should come check us out!

• Like 3

This is pretty much what's expected aside from the door fee. Most gents want a nude massage, release and what ever happens in Vegas...

The $100 tip, plus door fee is comparable to what most independent MA's or an all inclusive spa charge for a complete massage experience. I suggest clearing the financials up right away with your MA, just like you would with an independent or agency before you start the session. That way you just relax and enjoy without the worry. The attendant appreciates this as well so she knows she's being compensated fairly and everyone is happy.

Independent MA's and all inclusive spa's apply part of the fee's collected to keeping the business maintained, so a door fee is really no different. It's just an extra transaction.

This is pretty much what's expected aside from the door fee. Most gents want a nude massage, release and what ever happens in Vegas...
  • Like 6

Well said..

The $100 tip, plus door fee is comparable to what most independent MA's or an all inclusive spa charge for a complete massage experience. I suggest clearing the financials up right away with your MA, just like you would with an independent or agency before you start the session. That way you just relax and enjoy without the worry. The attendant appreciates this as well so she knows she's being compensated fairly and everyone is happy.

Independent MA's and all inclusive spa's apply part of the fee's collected to keeping the business maintained, so a door fee is really no different. It's just an extra transaction.

• Like 3

If the MA' s provides a number, I will text her asking what is an appropriate tip. This avoids awkward moments during the session.

An absolute turnoff is when the MA holds and talks tips during the session. Probably hoping that smaller heads will prevail.

This is part of the reason I really enjoy working where I do. It's a flat fee for the room and my company! The tiered offerings always seemed to create a lot of confusion.

Absolutely. I hate them. I much prefer to have a flat fee, and get whatever the MA offers. If I'm not impressed with what she offered, I won't be back, and I won't write her a reco. It's that simple.

One thing I've found, without exception: If someone wants to nickel and dime you for things like bodyslides, then what you'll get is a crappy bodyslide because it's being done by someone who just wants the extra $$$ and probably doesn't like doing bodyslides in the first place. Whereas if you see someone who genuinely enjoys them and makes it part of her standard service... you'll get a MUCH better experience all round.

• Like 3

Could someone explain to me why in-room fees are referred to as tipping instead of in-room fees? Is this a way to avoid some delicate grey areas of what is legal or not?

This ensures that any tips that are beyond that are a token of appreciation for the encounter. I believe that just like any service industry the tip u leave should be in line with your own comfort level, and the service you were provided...

That's also my understanding of tipping-a token of appreciation-and not something one HAS to do when a service has been provided. I am also positive that all MAs, independent or not, want to get paid for what they offer during a session...

Could someone explain to me why in-room fees are referred to as tipping instead of in-room fees? Is this a way to avoid some delicate grey areas of what is legal or not?

Just tradition, it's always been called tipping, so that's what they're called. I don't think there's any legal problems in calling them tips vs. in-room fees or whatever you like. But tipping just rolls off the tongue faster.

• Like 1

If I may add as well to these questions?

Once a client pays the door fee, the options he requests may be tiered as Whiteman mentioned earlier in this thread. Spa's that have a door fee allow the client to choose which options he is looking for. Not everyone will choose all of the options an independent or an all inclusive establishment offer.

It's important to do a little research before and to tip accordingly. A misinformed client may assume that the door fee is all that's required and tip what they feel is fair. This may lead to misunderstanding and the MA left short.

That's also my understanding of tipping-a token of appreciation-and not something one HAS to do when a service has been provided. I am also positive that all MAs, independent or not, want to get paid for what they offer during a session...

Edited by Sensual Erin
Added thought.
  • Like 2

It's important to do a little research before and to tip accordingly. A misinformed client may assume that the door fee is all that's required and tip what they feel is fair. This may lead to misunderstanding and the MA left short.

Erin is quite correct! This would have happened to me on my first spa visit had the MA not graciously explained how things work.

I hadn't done my research...... in fact I don't think I was a cerb member at the time.

This community is a great resource, especially for those of us who can't see the very obvious! lol

• Like 1

So a follow up question... Duos, are the tips generally the same? Is it two full tips, one for each attendant? If the door fee is discounted for duos, would that reflect a discount on tip rates? ( I would expect to pay two tips, but never tried a duo and am curious, and don't want to be caught offguard or come across as cheaping out)

Most places will charge you an specific door fee and yes each lady gets same tip. And tips are usually the same as if you were with the individual. Unless off course you have obtained a rate from the ladies. Alexxandria ans I offer duos every friday at a special rate at the carling location.. we have a 2x1set fee depending on the length of the appt.

• Like 1

So a follow up question... Duos, are the tips generally the same? Is it two full tips, one for each attendant? If the door fee is discounted for duos, would that reflect a discount on tip rates? ( I would expect to pay two tips, but never tried a duo and am curious, and don't want to be caught offguard or come across as cheaping out)

Yeah, the door fee will only need to be paid once, and generally it doesn't change based on whether you're having a duo or a standard single girl. Some places do charge extra for the duo door fee, but probably not twice as expensive, but maybe upto 50% more.

As for the tip, generally that's got to be paid to both ladies, and it's the same rate as for an individual. Some ladies will have a deal with each other, where they split up a single tip between the two of them, therefore it can be a little cheaper than the full doubling of the tips. But don't expect amazing discounts in this case, it may be at most 10% cheaper than a full double tip.

Most places will charge you an specific door fee and yes each lady gets same tip. And tips are usually the same as if you were with the individual. Unless off course you have obtained a rate from the ladies. Alexxandria ans I offer duos every friday at a special rate at the carling location.. we have a 2x1set fee depending on the length of the appt.

So what is 2x1set fee, what's the rate for one hour appt. include the door fee. You can PM me if you like. Thx

Hmm, it is confusing to call them tips, although I understand what Whiteman is saying. It's been my experience that the tipping we're talking about in this thread is not what Gabriella has said above.

My MP experience is you pay the door fee and then you pay for additional "options", so it's not a tip in the sense that you had a great massage and you think the MA went above and beyond so you give her an extra X$.

I always discuss things up front so that there is no confusion once the session is complete, I like to leave with a smile on my face and I always do :).

Hmm, it is confusing to call them tips, although I understand what Whiteman is saying. It's been my experience that the tipping we're talking about in this thread is not what Gabriella has said above.

My MP experience is you pay the door fee and then you pay for additional "options", so it's not a tip in the sense that you had a great massage and you think the MA went above and beyond so you give her an extra X$.

Yeah, these "tips" are not optional, they are quite mandatory, make no mistake about it.