A rant about students

Well Erin, if I can get the show to come to fruition, you will be the first ho asked to participate. I came up with some catch-phrase gimmickry to give it some identifiable appeal as well. Whenever you trounce an opponent, you get to punch him in the balls and screech out Nelson Muntz style, "Ah-ha...you've been PIMPED, bitch!"

I do have to give kudos to mff69 for being able to reference NASA, OJ Simpson, Child Soldiers and Rush Limbaugh all in the same post. Who needs labias when we have Wikipedia? Oops...I mean libaries. What's that spell check? That's not a word? Fuck you computer, quit underlining everything I write you piece of shit technology fucker...

Brilliant. You are brilliant. I bow down to your genius.

"I'm just frustrated with the general feeling that the younger folks seem to think that everything should be handed to them and they shouldn't have to do any work, and that includes proofreading (something you should have done before you posted)."

This is why I said I knew people would try to find hypocrisy or error in my words based soley upon me coming out and explaining that I am twenty-one.

Erin and Kate, I didn't type out my section anticipating to be scrutinized for my spelling. Believe it or not, I did not put that much effort into typing something out for the sole reason for you to say "but your a bad speller." Thanks for the comments though.. I really appreciated the attacks on my grammar. It was a pretty low blow given the fact that I had alot of other things to say and you pretty much didn't touch on ANY of my other examples at all. That was very classy of you.

Oh and my post obviously didn't "outline everything that you said." If you said something initially that I would have agreed with, then why do you think I wrote out a post telling you exactly why I think that your completely wrong. Thanks for trying to take my words and make them your own though at last minute. FAIL.

Oh, and Kate one more thing.. Why would you refer to me as frenzied? I have provided clear examples that support my points without so much as calling a single person a name. I wanted to get my point across, that was my only interest whatsoever. I can't account for if you misunderstood my text or my tone. You should be flattered that I actually put that much effort into a response when the topic was that assinine to begin with.

You haven't gotten under my skin.

I am not frenzied because I believe that there are people that are intolerant and self righteous everywhere in the world. Your responses just speak for themselves.

And to be honest with you, yes, many of you actually are extremely guilty of attacking young people in a macrocosm judging by YOUR WORDS. If you don't believe it to be so, then simply press the back button and read. I don't even have to reference this time because so many attacks are repeated over and over again by multiple members. This is quite evident and crystal clear.

Oh and Erin, you say you have fallen victim to hate crimes and stereotyping.. I would think that you would not behave this way if you knew exactly how it felt to be at the other end of the spectrum? No?

You seem to have missed the ENTIRE point, which was that what I posted was a RANT. It wasn't meant to be taken entirely seriously, nor was it meant to garner such anger in everyone else. I'm sorry you took it so personally, but I can understand why since everything I complained about, you're guilty of. It obviously got under your skin or you wouldn't have posted.

I said I was a victim of a hate crime, not stereotyping. And you are not "at the other end of the spectrum," just because I said some people in my classes were idiots. If you were, I would have kicked your ass for being a dumbass. Then, you'd be on the other end of the spectrum. When you've had your ass beat to shit because people think you're gay, then we can talk.

+1000 AGREED. OR as Bart Simpson would say, "wow, man."

I think a fair summary of this whole thread is, "those young whipper-snappers, they dont know how good they have it!" Which I agree with (smile).

and

"Dont overgeneralize, you old fart" which I also agree with. (smile)

Every older generation thinks the younger generation has it easier, and every younger generation disagrees. So what? Its a fun discussion which is supposed to elicit more laughter than anger.

To start talking about others verbally attacking people ... jeez, with all due respect mff69, you are taking this way too personally IMHO. Cerb is a great place to discuss some really interesting topics with some really interesting people ... we should all lighten up.

Hear hear !

Once again,...

You should feel privleged, I actually do think I am doing you a favour.

Wow! Congratulations on being the first person to surprise me in how arrogant one can be. Did you really offer up a holier than thou attitude? You sir, need to deflate your ego and turn off your pride switch before you explode.

Perhaps you should revaluate your outlook on life. If you feel the need to defend yourself based on one person's completely, insignificant opinion (no offence Erin whom I've never met) and generalization, you will go through life fighting all the wrong battles.

Do not confuse self confidence with arrogance. This is all I've seen from every single post you've made and there is a VERY fine line between the two. The above is the perfect example. Using a condecending attitude is a terrible way to prove your point(s) and will not win you much, if any, sympathy.

I do not agree with Erin's statement that all under 20's are (for shortness sake) bad, nor do I condemn her for making her opinion heard. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, as you are to yours.

However if you feel this a personal attack on you, which I don't believe your name was mentioned in any way shape or form, you should by all means defend yourself.

As far as grammatical errors go, it really is a poor defense against the validity of your claims BUT they also have merit in pointing them out.

Your argument is based on not having a "lack of knowledge" (which is fair and can be annoying to some; and was Erin's strongest opinion) and lazyness, so why do you think poor grammar wouldn't be pointed out? It is relevant to your argument aswell. In fact by choosing to ignore that simple fact you are being counter-productive; simply stating that it would be pointed out, doesn't make it inadmissable. True not every person catches their mistakes, that's why we proof-read and have editors, but when you continue to make the SAME mistakes in all three posts your argument loses the grounds to stand up; and is rendered as simple ignorance or just lazy.

You're = you are

Your = ownership

Being technologically savvy and being resourceful are not the same. My point about the library, if you had bothered to read it properly and not simply what you wanted it to read, was that the information was not available to those students online (I guess there's some "copyright" law that prevents certain things from being published on the net without proper authorization http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html who knew?!) so they claimed they couldn't do their project. I'm sorry your point about typing the book into a computer anyways, is invalid.

You use the example of ONE 17 year old who did an amazing thing. Great. There are exception to every rule and I'm gald you found one. Now tell me how many under 20's have found a cure for a disease or been into outer space or whom have revolutionized... anything... Oh it's possible their may be a few (be it unlikely) but seriously would you trust a surgeon with 10 years of experience or a fresh-from-school intern with 10 minutes?

I'm sorry but one exception or outstanding individual does not prove your point; the sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again.

"Oh but there are other exemplary people out there I didn't mention and could" Truth. It's also irrelevant, much like us bickering back and forth because of someone's opinion; and our disagreement of it.

The parts you are omitting, then later using to prove your O.J Simpson sham, are also relevant. Say this same teen had a completely different panel of judges or peers evaluating him with the same competition and someone older/else had won (not that age has anything to do with my point) it would have been based on their opinions; even if they had a layed out way to grade/judge each entry, they still have to deem what is appropriate as a score.

You can not judge you're own actions or the actions of someone else if you are not or have not been in that situation; and this goes for everyone not just Mff69.

"Not one single person is comparable to the next, ever." This is probably the only good thing I've read thus far... but then it goes on.. and gets omitted among all the uncouth mannerisms you portray throughout your entire debacle.

Frankly I'm saddend that you felt arrogant enough to speak for our generation is such a patronizing fashion; being a mere 2 years younger than I.

I would like to appologize on our behalf and hopefully anyone who read this thread has learned a little more tolerance, patience and understanding when it comes to the trivial things in life.

Once again,

Like I said clearly in my first post, if anyone had been paying any kind of attention to my post in its entirety (and beyond a grammatical error, so sue me if I'm human okay? I didn't ever claim to be anything otherwise, why don't you try to find that in my post too?) then they would realize that I already knew that people WOULD do THIS.

ie. try to find simple errors in what I say because their clearly afraid of my confidence level and ability to provide a solid and sound argument. Why don't you provide some kind of argument about WHAT I AM SAYING rather than clearly hiding behind useless cop-outs. THats exactly what you are doing.

Oh, and not every single person catches typo's every single time they make one. I didn't think I would actually have to address a point so miniscule, but obviously that is the only thing that you have on my text in its entirety of what I said. To be honest with you, I was expecting a bit more of a stimulating post.

Why don't you go ahead and come right out and say it, seeing as you already practically did.

"I am going to strain my eyes to look through this users text for a couple grammatical errors (and or) typo's and then use it against them with the petty argument of 'SEE ALL KIDS THESE DAYS ARE SOOOO LAZY. OMFGZ, I HAVE A POINT!' because I can't touch anything else that they said."

God, people can be so obvious sometimes.

Sorry, but if you had put more thought into your posts than you wouldn't be generalizing a vast audience of people, continuing to do so and defending the point in doing so.

Maybe I would take what you said more seriously if you can provide clear examples of why you honestly think what you say to actually be the truth and how stereotyping people based on meaningless information has benefit people in a whole.

I've done my research, and I know stereotyping is wrong.

What about you?

By the way, I am under ten years younger than you. So just some words of advice, get off your high horse. Our generations have more in common than any other of them actually, so I recommend you suck it up and become friends because our generations are tied much closer than you think compared to any other existing one.

You keep saying that you hate the fact that the teachers "hold the students hands." I haven't seen this excessively done compared to how it might have been done with my older siblings or my cousins, but you must ask yourself one thing.

Is it the students fault for holding the teachers hand, or the teachers fault for holding it out and promoting it?

You should feel privleged, I actually do think I am doing you a favour. I would rather you offend some one belonging to the group you are attacking over the internet who actually puts effort into trying to help you see the error of your ways, rather than some one who doesn't have the patience level that I have and makes a nasty oppinion about your generation based on only your actions.

Then where does the hatred end?

If you knew people were going to pick apart your post based on spelling and grammar, then perhaps you should have put in more effort so that we didn't have anything to pick on. And one tiny error could be overlooked, but your post had MANY errors.

You didn't provide a sound argument. Your arguments, beyond proving that age and experience have no correlation, weren't related, and weren't even referenced properly. If you want to talk arguments, mine was that a good number of those coming into first year shouldn't be there, and could stand to redo a few years of elementary school. And I still stand by that argument.

Second, I already said I was privileged, and I already said I generalized, though quite frankly, I'm pretty sure the examples in my OP were enough to prove that I wasn't trying to generalize, but simply point out that some of the people in my classes are dumb as shit and shouldn't be there. You're beating a dead horse here.

I also don't HATE the younger generation. Having a low tolerance for ignorance is not the same as hate. You are blowing this entire thing out of proportion.

And how do you know I'm not friends with people who are ten years younger than me? Don't assume that because I said SOME seventeen year olds were morons that I think they all are. But making assumptions seems to be most of what you do. You could also stand to quit putting words in my mouth.

And as for research and stereotyping, you're barking up the wrong tree dude. You've managed to stereotype me as someone who hates younger people, which isn't the case. But you know all about stereotyping don't you?