Sign in to follow this  

A great movie!

So I recently watched a movie (recomended by a good friend of mine) called "Hard Candy" starring Ellen Page; before she became famous for x-men and Juno.

I don't want to ruin the surprise twists of the movie but don't simply brush it off as perverse or not your thing, based on the basics I tell you; it REALLY isn't like anything you'd expect..promise!

"For weeks, 14-year-old Hayley Stark has been chatting on-line with 'Lensmaster319', a 32-year old fashion photographer, named Jeff. The two agree to meet at a coffee shop called Nighthawks. They hit it off, despite the massive age difference. Hayley appears to flirt with Jeff, and Jeff generally restrains himself, even admitting that he must wait 4-years until he can be with her. But his reservations are apparently not enough to decline when Hayley all but invites herself over to his house. Once at the house, manipulation becomes the name of the game, and the pedophile seems to be on the non-traditional side of it"

I know right...really...

This movie is packed with memerable scenes and quotes.

Which is one of the main reasons I brought it up; to share one imparticular I feel everyone should hear:

Jeff Kohlver: You were coming on to me!

Hayley Stark: Oh, come on. That's what they always say, Jeff.

Jeff Kohlver: Who?

Hayley Stark: Who? The pedophiles! 'Oh, she was so sexy. She was asking for it.' 'She was only technically a girl, she acted like a woman.' It's just so easy to blame a kid, isn't it! Just because a girl knows how to imitate a woman, does NOT mean she's ready to do what a woman does.

[pause]

Hayley Stark: I mean, you're the grown up here. If a kid is experimenting and says something flirtatious, you ignore it, you don't encourage it! If a kid says 'Hey, let's make screwdrivers!' You take the alcohol away, and you don't race them to the next drink!