Misleading pics , ages and info.

Usually when there is a thread about or created asking question about a lady, whomever has seen her will comment and either say, that's her in the pictures and I had a great time or without being negative many will say pictures are her but not up to date anymore and I have no further comment. Usually the other gents know what that means.

Search if there is a thread on said lady, they are usually in this section and just keep whatever you post within the rules and motto of Cerb.

If I had been you, I would have politely said your pictures are no longer accurate and I think you should update them, or if you were not impressed and felt deceived I would have left.

If you were put in an unsafe position or anything like that then you are allowed to post that information in the NS warning section.

Sorry this happened to you.

Hugs,

Lexy

• Like 3

It does suck that this happened to you. But CERB isn't the board to post about it. It is a recommendation board, not a review board. You should do as Lexy suggests, and contact the lady directly and privately to tell her of your concerns. Or if you really want to post publically about this, then join a review board where something like this can be posted.

RG

I had a similar experience last week plus getting robbed and all im allowed to say is pm me.. without being flagged

Cerb is about being a positive place and not a place to write negative reviews, bash, fight or slander anyone.

Dangerous encounters you are allowed to report here: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Or send Mod a PM, get feedback on what or how to post this information. If you were robbed that would qualify as a dangerous encounter.

Sorry this happened to you,

Hugs,

Lexy

• Like 4

If I had been you, I would have politely said your pictures are no longer accurate and I think you should update them, or if you were not impressed and felt deceived I would have left.

Lexy

So according to this line of thinking, you recommend to the client to mention politely that pictures should be a fair reflection of reality and take off after having been basically ripped off.

With all due respect, who is naïve enough to think that this person will act accordingly? I would rather think she will keep fooling people around with her ads until some proper action is taken. Regardless of a third party's intervention, IMHO this is a good example for NS warnings. Food for thought.

• Like 2

So according to this line of thinking, you recommend to the client to mention politely that pictures should be a fair reflection of reality and take off after having been basically ripped off.

With all due respect, who is naïve enough to think that this person will act accordingly? I would rather think she will keep fooling people around with her ads until some proper action is taken. Regardless of a third party's intervention, IMHO this is a good example for NS warnings. Food for thought.

This is what I wrote:

Usually when there is a thread about or created asking question about a lady, whomever has seen her will comment and either say, that's her in the pictures and I had a great time or without being negative many will say pictures are her but not up to date anymore and I have no further comment. Usually the other gents know what that means.

Search if there is a thread on said lady, they are usually in this section and just keep whatever you post within the rules and motto of Cerb.

If you were put in an unsafe position or anything like that then you are allowed to post that information in the NS warning section.

Sorry this happened to you.

Hugs,

Lexy

I gave two scenarios on how if it were I how I would deal with it and where things like this can be posted and you quoted only the tiniest part of what I wrote.

1. I would have politely said your pictures are no longer accurate and I think you should update them, 2. or if you were not impressed and felt deceived I would have left.

NO client ever has to stay and can walk away before you pay, nor does a provider have to stay if something is not right.

You never know how someone will react but anyone has the right to leave, everyone's safety is worth more than any amount of money.

I did also say "If you were put in an unsafe position or anything like that then you are allowed to post that information in the NS warning section."

I am going by what the rules for the NS warning section state and other members have mentioned to contact Mod and see what steps to take.

Lexy

Edited by Lexy Grace
  • Like 1

Also landed with her body guard / enforcer ...

.... I am also not sure of the intentions of these two if I hadn't been the size of a man I am and have worked in an industry where I know how to handle myself and deal with that type of situation .

I am extremely concerned at the presence of a third person in this situation especially if I have been respectful, non-threatening and non-abusive through out. As others have suggested, the mod should be contacted for his take in this - if it is a B&S, or a dangerous encounter, I am sure he'll take the appropiate action such as banning this provider.

• Like 4

I had it happen to recently. I've heard the service providers have a private section just for them to warn each other of bad dates. I wonder if a private section should be created for the hobbiest? I do agree however that just because the pictures are of the actual person it should still be considered a bait and switch because they are deceptive. And the fact that there was an enforcer means the possibility of danger. I for one would like to know so I don't make the same mistake.

• Like 4

I had it happen to recently. I've heard the service providers have a private section just for them to warn each other of bad dates. I wonder if a private section should be created for the hobbiest? I do agree however that just because the pictures are of the actual person it should still be considered a bait and switch because they are deceptive. And the fact that there was an enforcer means the possibility of danger. I for one would like to know so I don't make the same mistake.

You already have the ability to report Bait and Switch, scams and dangerous encounters on Cerb (and actually read the information before booking a lady) so why would you need a private section to report these experiences?

Dangerous encounters you are allowed to report here:

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=203

Or send Mod a PM, get feedback on what or how to post this information. If you were robbed that would qualify as a dangerous encounter.

Hopefully, we won't have to go into details as to why the information shared by the ladies with other ladies needs to be divulged in a private section only...

• Like 2

Ok so here is how third person got involved. I called the SP for outcall to my upscale hotel in the city. When the knock came at the door I looked through the view hole and could see the girl. I opened the door and sort of stepped back and to the side so she could come in , as she walked in and I was looking at her very disappointedly the man came from behind and sort of barged in. He soon realized that I was between him and the door and I was a lot bigger than him. He started stuttering and spitting that he was there to collect the money

And make sure all went well.

I knew this was not a good scene and not how I wanted my evening to go. The dynamic duo was sent packing.

This could happen to anyone "24/7" , read between the lines.

• Like 2

I cannot stress how furious I am about how some people are brushing this situation off. The man's life could have been at risk and we seem to be treating this like some kind of joke!!! Much like this gentleman, I can certainly take care of myself. Not every hobbyiest has the ability to defend themselves, and they are the ones most at risk in a situation like this.

Yes, it can be report to MOD or mentioned in the warning section, but guys have little outlet to properly communicate with one another.

I'm completely disgusted by some of the responses I've read and even more upset at those who supported their responses. After almost seven years on here, I've never been so angry over a thread!!! I'm glad I'll be away for some time.

• Like 5

Ok so here is how third person got involved. I called the SP for outcall to my upscale hotel in the city. When the knock came at the door I looked through the view hole and could see the girl. I opened the door and sort of stepped back and to the side so she could come in , as she walked in and I was looking at her very disappointedly the man came from behind and sort of barged in. He soon realized that I was between him and the door and I was a lot bigger than him. He started stuttering and spitting that he was there to collect the money

I knew this was not a good scene and not how I wanted my evening to go. The dynamic duo was sent packing.

This could happen to anyone "24/7" , read between the lines.

"24/7" is listed in the NS warnings: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=146788

Please gents for your safety and hard earned money do your research and use the search functions.

This is awful that you have had to endure this and I am so sorry these things happen.

Hugs,

Lexy

• Like 2

sorry for the same 3 post in a row I thought my computer messed up and didn't post, we should have a section like that so this doesn't happen trying to warn each other without sending 300 emails off, and having people jumping down our throat for it! pretty hard to do your research when that didn't happen to anyone before, and who'd image any of that would happen by a picture being off!

yes something's were off but I never had anything like that happen before, lesson learned thou.

I opened the door and sort of stepped back and to the side so she could come in , as she walked in and I was looking at her very disappointedly the man came from behind and sort of barged in. He soon realized that I was between him and the door and I was a lot bigger than him. He started stuttering and spitting that he was there to collect the money

This kind of behaviour is also breaking one of the other essentials of the business: discretion from both parts. I am glad your physical presence was enough of a deterrent to convince this guy to give up. This said it could had been worse and your reputation would have been seriously damaged by the same token, particularly if this is a hotel where you have your habits. This applies to a neighborhood for the ones who host at their private residence, like myself. For everybody's sake, I strongly encourage you to take the appropriate severe measures recommended by the most experienced members of this forum: report these guys or this thread will be forgotten in a few weeks and this may happen again.

• Like 3

I cannot stress how furious I am about how some people are brushing this situation off. The man's life could have been at risk and we seem to be treating this like some kind of joke!!! Much like this gentleman, I can certainly take care of myself. Not every hobbyiest has the ability to defend themselves, and they are the ones most at risk in a situation like this.

Yes, it can be report to MOD or mentioned in the warning section, but guys have little outlet to properly communicate with one another.

I'm completely disgusted by some of the responses I've read and even more upset at those who supported their responses. After almost seven years on here, I've never been so angry over a thread!!! I'm glad I'll be away for some time.

I have not seen anyone brush this situation off, or treat it as a joke. It has been mentioned several times that there is a section to post information about bait & switch or dangerous encounters...what else is there to say? If it is a dangerous encounter (as the late-revealed details appear to indicate) then it is certainly appropriate for this section. If it was a case of b&s, then post away. If the poster was unsure, he could always ask the mod, or even post a thread asking members for opinions on the limits and boundaries of dangerous encounter/b&s posts.

If it was being seen as a joke, why were there so many expressions of sympathy and understanding?

• Like 3

I'd consider photos outdated by 10 years to be B&S, as well as significant age misrepresentation.

Dunno what guidelines, if any, cerb has on these 2 issues.

If an auto dealer advertised a 2003 Honda, and actually had a 1993 on the lot, most people would growl "scam"

• Like 2

I have not seen anyone brush this situation off, or treat it as a joke. It has been mentioned several times that there is a section to post information about bait & switch or dangerous encounters...what else is there to say? If it is a dangerous encounter (as the late-revealed details appear to indicate) then it is certainly appropriate for this section. If it was a case of b&s, then post away. If the poster was unsure, he could always ask the mod, or even post a thread asking members for opinions on the limits and boundaries of dangerous encounter/b&s posts.

If it was being seen as a joke, why were there so many expressions of sympathy and understanding?

Yes, i agree. I failed to see anyone being anything but helpful. Working within the rules and guidelines of the site as well.

of course the majority of replies came before the post with more details of what actually occurred at the hotel room door.

• Like 3

Safety Is A Must , it should be posted if a bad situation occurs, not all things in Life have a Postive spin, Safty First !!!

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is brushing the situation off, there is a B&S/Dangerous section to post the information in. There are places online to post this kind of information on other boards, that is their forte where any and all are welcome to post details.

The other option is to call LE. It was an outcall to a hotel, no laws were broken and even if no violence occurred or indictable offence happened; a report is on file in the event there are future incidences to show a pattern of behaviour...

cat

• Like 7

Guest realnicehat

It does suck that this happened to you. But CERB isn't the board to post about it. It is a recommendation board, not a review board. You should do as Lexy suggests, and contact the lady directly and privately to tell her of your concerns. Or if you really want to post publically about this, then join a review board where something like this can be posted.

RG

While I'm not sure I share Spud's outrage I can kind of see where he is coming from.

First, I will say again (as I have in other threads) that I have nothing but respect for RG and his staunch support of both the ladies and the board but in this particular situation I find his comment a little insensitive. The OP has come to us with a posting etiquette question regarding a bad experience that also had an element of danger to it. RG's response was essentially "that sucks but go tell it somewhere else".

RG has been very vocal in his frustration with the constant questioning of cerb's reco only format and suggestions that it would be better with reviews so I can understand his quick reaction to this thread.

I'm not for a second suggesting that cerb should be changed. It's pretty clear from the amount of time that I spend here that I enjoy it very much. But when a post from one of the board's most reputable members suggests that the cerb mandate is more important than the safety of it's members I do at least have to wonder if both our hearts and our heads are in the right place?

In the end, while its execution may have gotten a little messy, this thread has shown us that there is a proper place for posts regarding safety that many may not have known about. It is also pretty clear that while the safety of our female members is of the utmost importance we men often forget that not doing our homework could result in a less than desirable situation.

Spud is right, a lot of us guys would not be well prepared to deal with a situation like that. I'm honestly not sure what I would (or could) do. I'm not a small guy but anyone with some training would take me apart pretty quickly. To me this thread is a reminder to do my homework and not take for granted how lucky I am to have this forum where I can connect with many amazing providers in a safe and secure environment.

Have fun and play safe everyone.

Edited by realnicehat

I'll start off with, what happened to the OP was horrible and he was lucky that nothing escalated past what he could handle. The details of the encounter should be entered, if they haven't been, in the appropriate section for everyone's benefit.

Secondly, there have been many threads in other sections discussing the idea of reviews and why Cerb is a recommendation only board (I'm not going to dig them all up, but you can find them if you want to). The general gist of all of them have been keeping things complimentary makes this board a safe place for the SP's. Reviews can be used against an SP and there is no real way to prove or disprove a damaging review. Once that damaging review is there, warranted or not, it will hurt that SP's business no matter how many good reviews are there. If a SP's business, and image can be tarnished with no recourse, they will ignore the board and it ceases to be the place that Cerb is.

As many people have said, there is a section that lists bait and switch, fake pictures and dangerous situations. People should post in these sections for the safety of all. If the OP posted there I don't think there would have been any issue with the post, and hopefully others can escape such situations. The key is in the details, people need to know that others were involved and misleading photo's were used. I believe severally out of date photo's count as bait and switch. This board can be very helpful if you take time to read through the sections, and do some searches on past threads.

• Like 7