What home remedies, vitamins, supplements and herbs do you use.

Other than the obvious benefits for male virility, Horny Goat Weed has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for hundreds of years to help treat a lot of problems. It's packed with booming amounta of ginseng as well. The cool thing is that you can also get this product in tea form if you don't like pills.

• Like 1

just to name a few

Raw honey

bee pollen

Apple cider vinegar

organic ginger

pickled organic garlic

organic sauerkraut

overall I know it costs more but I am eating more and more organic foods

we are what we eat and all those darn chemicals and crap in processed foods are shortening are life spans and causing lots of problems

• Like 3

I'm a fan of organic spices and berries (both have huge ORAC ratings, if that's of any use to you). Ginger sure as hell keeps my poor, over-worked joints from seizing up. Fish/cod liver oil as mentioned before. A teaspoon of freshly grated as-local-as-possible (I won't eat a damn thing from China if I can help it) garlic twice a day (morning and night); keeps the pests away, both microbial and human. Organic red wine of course (heh heh, I love me my resveratrol...that's my excuse anyway). A bit of dark Peruvian chocolate every day keeps me from getting too grumpy.

Hopefully this counteracts the effects of a few cigs a day lol (yes, I'm a man of contradiction, but I'm trying to quit...fightin' the urge, fightin' the urge!....but on the other hand, if I lived in a smoggy city like Bejing or Mexico City I'd be breathing in lots of toxic shit anyway...hmmmm). People around me are dropping off like flies, but I'm still standing (I know I've been exposed, as I get bit of chill or body ache, but so far no flu to speak of!), so something seems to be working. Whenever I get a scratchy throat, local unpasteurized honey cures it!

Bread is bad; bad, bad, bad. I didn't have my damn 'wheat-belly' until I went off my gluten-free diet. Grrrr.

Oh, and Vitamin V when the need arises! :P

I haven't found anything yet which works for being fcuked-in-the-head though. :D

we are what we eat and all those darn chemicals and crap in processed foods are shortening are life spans and causing lots of problems

Agreed. But I'm not trying to live to 100; I'm just trying to preserve my quality of life until the big day comes.

You do not want to end up like this man who tried the colloidal silver detox. This is real, I can run you through the chemistry of it if you want, he will be purple/blue the rest of his life.

There's no doubt that silver has antiseptic qualities and I'd have no reservations about using it topically,

but yeah, ingesting it is a different thing altogether.

Although I am sure some do have their benefit, please be cautious and do your research..

colloidal-silver-detox.jpg

Just be smart, and think about what you are consuming and how it works.

PubMed is a great resource. For instance, do a search on "curcumin".

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed

Papa Smurf! Papa Smurf!!!!!!! I'd like to take him to the "I buy gold and silver" pawn shop!

• Like 3

I'll take C and B vitamins and the occasional oils, but it's always better to get your nutrients from foods. I don't eat meat, so I have to think a little more about where I'm going to get my protein and iron. I usually only supplement when I know I haven't been eating well (usually because of business travel).

• Like 2

I take a super-multi vitamin, as well as, vitamin D every day. I also receive vitamin B-12 injections once a month.

If I am having trouble sleeping, I have some Sleepy-time Tea, or I sprinkle some lavender oil on my pillow.

None..... i don't tend to take anything except the drugs for my cardiac issue... they are enough problem

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I take magnesium religiously. I still can't tell you what exactly it does, but it's the only supplement that can make a super difference in my mood and overall health. I also take iron, kelp, and a pro biotic blend.

• Like 1

Guest D***el B***e

I take a lot of supplements to keep me healthy:

for stress, I take a lil rum and coke

for relaxation, I take a lil rum and coke

for an energy boost, I take a lil rum and coke

for extra protein, I take a lil rum and coke

for healthy intake, I take a lil rum and coke

for the rest I take a lil rum and coke in one hand and a small cigar in the other!

Gee, maybe sugar cane has healthy benefits after all ... and then my doctor gives me my test results today and says "you're perfectly healthy" ... go figure!!! lol lol

Maybe in the end it's because of the LYLA women, THEY keep me healthy, hehehe ...

If you ever feel a sore throat coming on, a teaspoon of Manuka Honey does wonders, I usually take it right before I go to bed so it coats my throat for the whole night. 99% of the time I wake up with no more pain.

Also great for burns, upset stomachs and, believe it or not Staph infections. After 3 rounds of antibiotics not being able to get rid off the infection completely off my little nephew (they looked like infected pimples). After much research online Manuka Honey did the trick, you can find antibacterial lotions online (this way it isn't sticky).

A jar of Manuka Honey is a bit expensive, but you would only use them for medicinal reasons so it lasts a while. I would recommend getting 'Gold' or also called 17 + active or higher grade. These are medicinal grade Honeys.

• Like 2

I recently discovered fermented cod liver oil with butter oil. It's a whole food supplement that has no synthetic additives. This time of year our bodies need a natural source of vitamin A,K, and D, with shorter winter days. When it comes to nutrition is not what we eat, it's what our bodies are able to absorb. It's a costly supplement but the overall health improvement and mood enhancement is priceless. I've been taking the capsules, but am working up the courage to take the liquid.

• Like 3

I have been taking honey and cinnamon in water for a while and it seems to be very beneficial as documented in the literature.

Occasionally, I also drink a glass of pomegranate juice with apple cider vinegar. The health benefits of both are well studied and documented.

• Like 1

With a nod to the old adage 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure', why not settle for lfk during cold and flu season !

Minimize your exposure minimize your risk.

On 10/21/2013 at 2:20 AM, someguy said:

Hi

I've had problems with diabetes 2, cholesterol, high blood pressure and other minor problems. I was taking various prescription medication but found that the side effects were worst then the actual problem. Lipitor, being the worst culprit. I am trying to use exercise, and diet and natural methods to try to get myself better. But there are hundreds of solutions out there, and they are expensive to buy. I just wanted to see what members here have tried and found that worked and those that haven't worked.

Please post your medical problem, and what natural supplements that worked for you and those that didn't. This can help us find solutions to our medical problems and not waste time and money with those that don't work.

This site :

http://www.earthclinic.com/

is a great place to start.

The supplements that I find most helpful have been:

l'arginine, ginkgo biloba, CoQ10.

But mostly magnesium. do a search on "magnesium deficiency". You may find that this single supplement may cure many of your symptoms.

This is just a short list of what I take that I find works.

I hope that you share what works for you with us 🙂

Good choice of supplements, but why there is no fish oils/omega 3? you should be taking 1-2000mg daily with your issues.