Hi everyone,

What do you like about your city? Is it the beautiful landscape? The quality of life? The job opportunities? Is there any major attractions? Or you simply like the people in general?

This is just an informative thread to share the good things to see in different places across Canada. As a touring lady, I'd love to know more about what's interesting in other places.

Let me share my experience of Montreal...

The cultural scene in Montreal is absolutely vibrant

We have over a hundred of festivals every year, (Jazz festival, Just for laughs, Montreal World Film Festival, Montreal Fireworks Festival and many other world class events) and a dozen of amazing museums that's one of the most popular reason why people come to Montreal.

The ethnic diversity:

Montreal features a China Town, a Little Italy, a Little Portugal and various other neighbourhoods adopted by immigrants as their own.

The cost of living are more than fair: For a central apartment, you can expect to pay between 600-800$ (depending on the area) for a 2 bedroom. Electricity costs are also pretty low !

Learning french will never be easier: Montreal is a great place to call home, and yes, believe it or not, you can get by on limited french.

Nightlife: You can go out whenever you want and there's always something to do.

What to do in Montreal?

From museums to art galleries, historic sites to beautiful architecture, Montreal has something for everyone.

- Mount Royal offers one of the best known vistas in Canada.

- The Biodome, Botanical Gardens, Insectarium and Planetarium make up the Montreal Nature Museums, the largest natural science museum in Canada.

- A visit to the Olympic Park will take you back in time to 1976.

- A walking tour of the Old Port is a view of the evolution of Montreal. The Port features architecture from the 17th century to the 20th century, often right next to each other.

- Montreal is also home to major sports teams including the National Hockey League team, the Canadiens; Canadian Football League team, the Alouettes; and more recently the Major League Soccer team, the Impact.

I like Montreal for the reasons mentioned above. It's a beautiful city, it's clean, the people are nice and there's a good night life. Oh, and Montreal is well known for its open mindness and pretty girls ;). Come around in summer, you wont' be disappointed !!! :)

So, what do you like about your city? I'd love to hear from you guys

xoxo

7f46de283635683.jpg

downtown-mtl.jpg

• Like 3

Great topic!

I am surprised that I have made this small city my home! I have lived virtually every city in Canada, never feeling like I fit anywhere. Then I found Fredericton!

This city is safe, clean and so pretty. Lacking in good restaurants, but the beauty here makes up for it. The wonderful Saint John River flowing through our downtown area, really makes a lovely scene. So much fun I have had on this river. Kayaking, is my favorite way to spend a summer afternoon.

All summer long there is music, free concerts that fill the air with festive sounds. Blues, Jazz, acoustic country and rock, whatever your taste.

PuttingourCommunityFirst.JPG

City_Fredericton_2011_1_jpg.jpg?i=1

• Like 1

I love Ottawa because it's a small and personable city, similar to Quebec City which is where I'm from. It has the luxuries of a larger metropolitan city center like Toronto or Montreal, without the size and congestion.

I love the incredibly amount of festivals that happen here. There's Fringe Festival which is a week-long event with over 50 plays. There's VerseFest which is a spoken word week-long event similar to Fringe. I love InsideOut, which is a GLBTQ movie festival at the National Garllery of Canada.

There are some really beautiful parks in Ottawa as well. I love how many bike paths we have too! It's a city meant for cyclists.

There's a beautiful view of the city from the Alexandra Bridge. It's really worth it to gross over to the Gatineau side if only for that.

I really love our coffee shops. We have a lot of independently owned and operated coffee shops, bars, and restaurants. I love that! In terms of clothing we have some really cute independent stores as well. Like the Workshop Boutique, Victoire's, and Kania.

I love visiting Ottawa's Gay Village, Chinatown, and Little Italy, too!

In terms of restaurants, TOWN and Zen Kitchen are superb. They are definitely my go-to places for a good meal. They are also independently owned and operated :)

Of course, there's the ordinary tourist things that are really fun to see as well. Visiting Canada's Parliament Hill, the Supreme Court of Canada, and the Parliamentary Library are all musts.

What I love the most about this city though...are the people! I find people very nice and approachable here. I'm from the country so it was refreshing to have the joys of metropolitan living without feeling like I'm alone all the time.

Edited by N*t****e L*f*****
  • Like 4