Yup yup yup, in theory it would be absolutely fair, if as you say clients are mature about it. The fly in the ointment is of course that, in the real world, all clients do not exhibit maturity. Check the abuse and slander posted on the "other" (review-type) boards to see just how much of an understatement this is.

Cerb, on the other hand, was built specifically on the idea of being a place that is safe and friendly for the ladies. Being safe and friendly requires (among many other things) bending over backwards to be sure that no lady's reputation is allowed to be unfairly damaged by allegations on the public forums. On a practical level, this means that those ladies who might indeed benefit from an "attitude adjustment" (I like how Annessa puts it), as well as the ladies who might be ganged-up upon by immature clients who need an "attitude adjustment" of their own, both escape the type of grating and unfriendly public "he-said, she-said"s so common on other boards.

Sure, this does in turn "unfairly" leave no-showed clients suffering in enforced-silence, as far as the Cerb public forums are concerned. But few things can be fair in all possible respects. Of necessity, most things are compromises. The Cerbian compromise on this issue errs on the side of friendliness and of not damaging the reputations of the ladies. There are worse sides to err on!

good points raised by wrinkled and mod. In a perfect world a system where the guys could report the gals would work....but alas, tis not, as some pointed out. however I see the act of compromise from that perspective now as beneficial for the site....i did not dismiss the benefits already available because of the already present system....but its interesting to think about how things would be different if the guys were allowed to talk about those experiences.

however, having thought about it, I think I'm happy to say after some thought that the system we already have is better....plus modding all that stuff eventually would probably drive mod crazy, lol

an improper business-woman will most likely see results in her not making any money eventually....and its more rare for a lady to join a site, make bookings with clients, and not show up to them only to get some kind of rise out of it then a male client who is bad news would do....good points everyone :-)

Cat, you are not the only flake. I must admit that I am too. I can say that my head could be in the clouds, from time to time. I think it is part of my charm, tho. I know this so I make the time for myself to get ready and I am very organized. I have to be or it is a disaster. The trick is learning from your mistakes. We are all human and that is what makes us unique bla, bla, bla.

I have missed stuff too. I do feel really bad. Also at the same token life happens and sometimes you are forced to cancel. It is a respect thing. Give a call, text, or email. Most of the time the person will understand.

Indeed, part of your charm: honest and sweet.

I'm usually pretty good, but in October, I COMPLETELY forgot an appointment until the poor gentleman showed up at my door. Unfortunately, we'd decided to paint the floors upstairs that day. Not only was my husband home, but I was wearing my sexiest painting clothes. We'd decided to make up a couple burritos before starting. We were standing in the kitchen, when an unfamiliar car pulled up. EEEK!

He had written a couple weeks earlier to say that he was going to be in Kingston that week, and he had to be back in Ottawa at a certain time. I googled driving directions, and I just didn't think he'd be able to make it for the 2-hour he was requesting. I suggested a shorter session, sending him the directions as evidence, and he wrote back and said, no, he thought the 2-hour was do-able. Then I never heard from him again until he showed up!

Honestly, based on that exchange, I didn't think we had a confirmed appointment.

Luckily (like most of my guys) he was a good sport about it. Introduced him to my husband and then he found somewhere else to be. I had showered that morning (thank goodness), so all that was left to do was climb over the furniture piled up in the hallway. I guess he wasn't too angry, as he's been back since.

But man, was I embarrassed.

A similar story happend to me today ... Obviously, there's some communication problems between customers and us ... not so often but sometimes ...

I had someone today who text me to know if I was working around 7:00pm tonight ... I text him back "yes". Then he ask me where I'm located. I gave him the name of my hotel. He text me back "can I book for 7:30pm, I will call you at 6:00 tonight to confirm if ok" ... I answer him "ok".

So the rdv was not yet fixed ... alright? I don't know him and he's not sure to come anyway ...

At 5:15pm ... I got a call from one of my regular ... booked a rdv with him for 6:30 ... finished at 8:00pm.

I took my messages after my rdv ... 2 or 3 message from the first guy on my cell phone. 1- Hello I want to confirm the rdv ... 2- are we still up for tonight (???? we where supposed????) 3- text message at 7:35: I'm in the lobby of your hotel, what is the # of your room.( why did he came in the lobby of my hotel. He never had any confirmation from me ... )

Am I wrong or ?? ... be free to answer me because I think there's always a place for amelioration if so. :?

Finally ... I felt bad even I was thinking that I did the good thing ... how many customers tell us that they will call back to confirm around a certain hour and never call back ...

The guy was supposed to call you at 6:00. Was your phone on at that time? Do you know if he back to confirm before your regular showed up at 6:30? If he did call back, did you recognize his number as I think you should have answered the phone and told him you were not available for 7:00 and given him an alternate time.

If he didn't call to confirm, then he should not have expected you to be available at 7:00 or 7:30 or any other time for that matter. And as Annessa pointed out, he should not have showed up at your hotel and hovered around the lobby. This is not acceptable under any circumstances, especially since you did not confirm.

My question to you is - why did you tell him which hotel you were at? I don't divulge my location until the call is confirmed and even then I do not give them the room number until they are in the parking lot outside (not the lobby). You might have told him the general area you are in because this could potentially happen again with some other dufus.

My question to you is - why did you tell him which hotel you were at? I don't divulge my location until the call is confirmed and even then I do not give them the room number until they are in the parking lot outside (not the lobby). You might have told him the general area you are in because this could potentially happen again with some other dufus.

I told him the hotel I was staying because his first message was really like he was asking me a rdv for 7:00pm ... and the second message he ask me my location ... so I though it was serious and gave him the name of my hotel. But his 3rd message was : can I book for 7:30pm, I will call you at 6:00 tonight to confirm if ok.

Usually, I find it easier to make the appointment by text message but it seems that it was not so clear this time ... I will pay more attention next time.

I wrote my point of view on the subject because I found some similar points in the story of CK and mine ... I was just hoping that it was not with him I had this problem of communication. I don't think that I could be his kind of girl anyway but as long as I'm not sure at 100% of anything ... :roll: :oops:

I think all in all I love the message CK is trying to get across.

With remarks about the guys having a no-show list, it could seriously hurt a credible SP's reputation. There have been a few occasions over the last year and a half that have made me cancel bookings, forgot, or reschedule. I always try to give an explanation. It feels horrible when I have to do it, but we all unfortunately have things that come up. Unfortunately a couple months ago my grandmother was in and out of the hospital. I had to cancel, rebook, then cancel again. It was completely stressful. Not to mention at the same time I find out that a member was conducting a poll via pm's about SP's who have no shows...only my clients who participated were honest that I did cancel, however failed to mention the reason out of respect for me. So something very ligit could ruin a reputation an SP has taken great pride in achieving.

All I ask for in my clients or future is that and consideration be given, and my understanding will follow....as I hope my clients would be understanding as well!

Great Thread!

in regards to BBW Vero's post, I find its always a good practice to say the general area of the hotel. say you're staying at the Crowne Plaza, you'd say you're in the downtown core close to Queen, there are any number of hotels that could be, the Delta, the Crown Plaza, the Marriot, the Minto etc etc.

ask him to call you 15 mins before your call to confirm and at that point tell him your hotel. ask him to call you again once he has parked "closeby" (also, ask him where he has parked so you get a general notion of how long it will take him to get to your room), once hes done that, tell him your room number. obviously if he has taken more than 15 mins (or however long it should take him) to get to your room, hes not there, nor does he plan to be...at that point you send him a message asking him if hes still coming....if you dont hear back 20 mins after your arranged call (5 mins after your last text), and you have others who are willing to book, text to say that you have to cancel unless he is willing to show up, as you have already given him well enough of your waiting time.

I used to tell people the hotel I'm staying at in email conversations before having them call from the area, but have learned recently that it sometimes may not be the best move. I've received a lot of trouble at one hotel in particular when checking in in Ottawa sometimes and a late client who bombards me with texts from the lobby while their late-night staff that has nothing better to do then watch for "trouble" has made my stay....lets just say...a more surveyed one. Thats why I totally feel for your situation. however, as I said before, some new people just honestly dont know how to conduct themselves and dont realize the attention they're bringing onto us or themselves...hopefully however, they are willing to learn from their mistakes with the help of some polite proper guidance.

I think all in all I love the message CK is trying to get across.

With remarks about the guys having a no-show list, it could seriously hurt a credible SP's reputation. There have been a few occasions over the last year and a half that have made me cancel bookings, forgot, or reschedule. I always try to give an explanation. It feels horrible when I have to do it, but we all unfortunately have things that come up. Unfortunately a couple months ago my grandmother was in and out of the hospital. I had to cancel, rebook, then cancel again. It was completely stressful. Not to mention at the same time I find out that a member was conducting a poll via pm's about SP's who have no shows...only my clients who participated were honest that I did cancel, however failed to mention the reason out of respect for me. So something very ligit could ruin a reputation an SP has taken great pride in achieving.

All I ask for in my clients or future is that and consideration be given, and my understanding will follow....as I hope my clients would be understanding as well!

Great Thread!

I completely agree, I have had many instances of babysitters running late, not reliazing the client was a good $20+ minute drive away before I googled the address, my son coming down with a fever at the last minute etc etc...

the list goes on and reality happens.....but we always call to inform the client of an unexpected change in plans, as I'm sure you did with your emergencies. Generally I always tell a client that unless I dont call you back and dont show up, it means I've gotten into a car-accident on the way to their place. I laugh but I'm serious.

girls who dont call, dont answer the phone or even worse, turn their phones off and only give an explanation the next day are not worth anyone's time IMO. If an emergency arises, a good client will understand and appreciate the woman's honesty and respect in letting him know whats going on.

I've had a client say I had "stood him up" because we had some very bad luck in booking...one afternoon we had planned, my son had to come home sick from school....we re-scheduled, then I had to cancel because I felt like I had perhaps caught what my son had and was feeling feverish. The client ended up holding a huge grudge and took it very personally.......I leveled with him saying if I really was going to leave him "stood up" I would not have called and just left him waiting.

No shows mean you dont call, dont show up, and dont really offer an explanation when it would work in your benefit to do so. Generally the no-show clients I have (or havent had due to the fact) have guilted me after that they had something very important come up and I was being unreasonable for blacklisting them because they 1.have a very demanding job, 2. care about their family and needed to tend to an emergency or 3. "something" came up, and its apparently none of my business.

a client who needs to make no excuses is just as bad as an SP who feels she needs to make no excuses.

no shows=flakes

people who inform you of an unpredicted change of plans at an appropriate time = worth a second chance IMO

My nature is to do what I said I would do. Therefore when I book an appointment, I will do everything in my power to make it happen. I've have had to cancel around 5% of my appointments due to sickness or emergency. Always with 8hrs or days of advance warning. It really irks me when others (both hobbiests and SPs) don't operate this way.

I'd say I've been jerked around plenty by SPs but I expect it to a degree. SPs are running a business and shit happens. I'm OK with SPs cancelling for any reason they have. Just please be upfront and don't leave me hanging. I don't even need an explanation. I've changed my mind is good enough.

Here are some of the Cool - Not Cool behaviors I've experienced:

- showed up on time, no one is there (Not Cool). Later I realize I got cancellation email 20minutes before appointed time (Cool). After an appologetic email this lady is still in my good books (Cool).

- had confirmed appointment , called 1hr prior as arranged for exact loaction. Called 2 more times, no answer (Not Cool). Apologetic emails after the fact (Cool).

- get an apologetic email the day before cancelling (Very Cool) Thankyou.

- date and time arranged, waiting for final email confirming appointment. Never get any emails. Days later, politely inquire what happened? Is everything OK? No response (Not Cool) It's a complete mystery.

- get an email the day before saying time X isn't going to work anymore, how about time Y (Cool)

I can understand that SPs that get jerked around by clients (ie no shows) are not going to feel too guilty jerking around clients.

So hobbiests if you want to improve things, please don't be a no show. It seems to be one of those "what goes around comes around" situations.

If everyone treats others as they expect to be treated, then everything would be very cool.

• Like 1

My nature is to do what I said I would do. Therefore when I book an appointment, I will do everything in my power to make it happen. I've have had to cancel around 5% of my appointments due to sickness or emergency. Always with 8hrs or days of advance warning. It really irks me when others (both hobbiests and SPs) don't operate this way.

I'd say I've been jerked around plenty by SPs but I expect it to a degree. SPs are running a business and shit happens. I'm OK with SPs cancelling for any reason they have. Just please be upfront and don't leave me hanging. I don't even need an explanation. I've changed my mind is good enough.

Here are some of the Cool - Not Cool behaviors I've experienced:

- showed up on time, no one is there (Not Cool). Later I realize I got cancellation email 20minutes before appointed time (Cool). After an appologetic email this lady is still in my good books (Cool).

- had confirmed appointment , called 1hr prior as arranged for exact loaction. Called 2 more times, no answer (Not Cool). Apologetic emails after the fact (Cool).

- get an apologetic email the day before cancelling (Very Cool) Thankyou.

- date and time arranged, waiting for final email confirming appointment. Never get any emails. Days later, politely inquire what happened? Is everything OK? No response (Not Cool) It's a complete mystery.

- get an email the day before saying time X isn't going to work anymore, how about time Y (Cool)

I can understand that SPs that get jerked around by clients (ie no shows) are not going to feel too guilty jerking around clients.

So hobbiests if you want to improve things, please don't be a no show. It seems to be one of those "what goes around comes around" situations.

If everyone treats others as they expect to be treated, then everything would be very cool.

GHT, Cool post