issues with browsers

I had my computer looked at and supposedly everything is fine yet I'm still having issues internet explorer-it now freezes, I can't delete messages in my gmail with it and if I thank a post on cerb it posts double thanks. When I use google chrome everything works except I can't change font size or color when I use chrome and the cerb halloween logo is still displaying at the top-any suggestions for this computer dummy:)

• Like 1

In regards to Internet Explorer, have you reset the browser? KEEP IN MIND, doing this will delete all your "auto saved" passwords, but as long as you know your passwords, then that's ok. 99.9% of the time it will solve issues with Internet Explorer.

Click on the little gear in the top right hand corner, and go to Internet Options. Then click advanced. At the bottom click Restore Advanced Settings. Then click apply. THEN click Reset. Another window will open. Check off the "delete personal settings" check box, and click ok. When all the green check marks are there, click close. Close out internet explorer and open it again. Check to see if your problems are solved.

Google Chrome, it could very well be a strange setting or some stupid add on. Click on the three lines and go to settings. Go through those and check to see if anything is weird. Check for extensions and delete anything odd. Make sure your usual search engine is the one you want (google usually).

If these don't work, let me know and I will make other suggestions :)

• Like 2

If that doesn't work you may have to reinstall IE...

First make sure you have another browser like google chrome or safari installed on your PC.

Then go to control panel, add/remove programs, look for IE and Unistall...

once this has been completed go to your other browser .. look for microsoft websites and download IE...

Good luck

• Like 1

Nope still obviously still something wrong as the double thanks are still appearing. I followed Savannahs instructions and now have google chrome as my default browser so....But now msn is my other browser, can't get IE back will continue trying

Guest S*rca****sid

I would strongly suggest you stay away from using either IE or msn browser. Not simply because they are Microsoft products, but because they ARE Microsoft products.

Windows is the largest distributed platform in the world, and because of that, they are the biggest target for hackers. Especially if you are running an older version of IE, like IE9 or lower.

Chrome is a better choice, not only is it fast but there are a lot of add-ons you can choose from to customize it. The only downsize is that some people don't like the "big brother" feeling they have towards Google.

Firefox on the other hand is more of a "open-source" project. Where all the geeks around the world have access to the source code looking for bugs and improving it. Any suggestions to improvement are subject to review before being published for the general public. Plus it has a vast library of add-ons also.

All browsers have their merits, and they disadvantages.

One thing to keep in mind when looking at the alternatives to Internet Explorer, is what is the makers intention in producing it. No one does something for free, and if they do, what is their motivation to keeping it up-to-date.

There is a very good chance that it is a non-Microsoft add-in that is the source of your grief.

The buggy Adobe flash player is a frequent culprit -- it needs to be updated at least weekly.

Add in "search bars" are another source of irritation, be they Ask, Google, etc.

Most of this stuff can be disabled with the "Manage add-ons" function - click the gear icon on the upper-right (tools) and select "Manage add-ons" -- you can now disable any suspect toolbar/extension, search providers, etc.

To try and find the one misbehaving the most, disable them all and then re-enable the ones you need or want.

If you have Windows 7 or 8 on your computer, upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 -- it is currently the fastest and most secure browser there is.

• Like 4

Not sure if you've tried deleting the browsing history. Here are the steps:

1. In Internet Explorer (IE11), open only a blank tab
  2. If you don't see the File menu, press the Alt key on keyboard
  3. Click Tools, then Delete browsing history...
  4. Select all check boxes (do double check each to ensure you want to the item deleted)
  5. Click Delete

• Like 1

Not sure if you've tried deleting the browsing history. Here are the steps:

1. In Internet Explorer (IE11), open only a blank tab
  2. If you don't see the File menu, press the Alt key on keyboard
  3. Click Tools, then Delete browsing history...
  4. Select all check boxes (do double check each to ensure you want to the item deleted)
  5. Click Delete

Thank you for taking the time to respond. After getting a virus and having to have my computer cleaned or whatever they do all my issues vanished. Everything is now fine, but I'll take into consideration your tips if needed in the future:) thank you