Phoenix on Notre Dame

The Kijiji ad seemed to come out of nowhere. Still, I opted to try out this facility North of Arlington.

The operators are TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) practitioners. It's not what what we would call a "happy" place. The quality of the full body massage was surprisingly good and competent.

I've had many relaxing massages in the past, but none like this in Winnipeg.

The calibre of the people including the TCM doctor and the nature of their work, near to Health Sciences no less, was surprising.

There isn't much more to tell. Call this a TFTT. I was expecting (hoping) for something a little different , but what I received was rewarding for other reasons.

Edited by Vanclovr
  • Like 1

I had gone to Phoenix a few times, seeing a younger girl named Lilly for a very good massage and what I think was 'accidental' brushing, but nothing more.

Now that Lilly has left for the west....thought I would share a recent development with the board...

I have now seen a new masseuse there 3 times, and I can tell you the 'accidental' brushing was getting more frequent and a little more focused....

Let's just say after being a customer for a little bit because of the good to very good massage I was receiving, I have now left 'happy' after my last two visits with very little prodding.

I am not 100 per cent certain of the masseuse's name (she seems to speak no to very little English) and let's just say she is in her late 40's and just 'OK' in the looks department...but I enjoyed the massage, and she treated me well in the end.

My gut says she is the only one here taking this approach to massage there...

Just thought I would share....

If you have sore muscles phoenix will be the place to go for massage nothing else 2 thumbs for fixing the knot on my

back

Posted via Mobile Device

1st trip here today after many times thinking of going ..I was saw Lisa , had a great massage and left very happy ....

Guest s*r***a**9

Saw Maria today. Great massage and finish was extra special :)

English is not that great and I had a hard time understanding her but everything else was great!

Had a nice massage with Maria yesterday, pretty much as described in previous posts. Not sure if she's the chubby one as I didn't see any other attendants, but she is a little plump I suppose. Nut much English but very friendly and a sense of humor too.

have now seen Grace twice,1st time was mixup had booked Lisa..but that's OK as Grace is very cute,sweet and likes to tease..1st time was lots of bumping,teasing and then finally going under the towel to caress..time was up but asked to release quickly so she did...2nd time did not need towel so bit of suspense was missing but got more hands on and felt really good..will have to check out Maria next time for sure.

So I dropped by - saw Maria. The place is a little run down to say the least. However Maria is very sweet. Middle aged, not a cover girl, but gives a fantastic massage. Great buildup, no rush, and a nice foot massage after fantastic tease and release.

I will probably go again in spite of the rather shady appearance of the interior.

Been in worse.

Recommend Maria for sure.

Very confused about this place. Saw Grace today and got a fantastic, deep massage, but when I asked for extras at the end she said no. She is cute, very friendly and nice. Maybe I just need to go back and see her again and bring it up sooner? Bit of a language barrier, too.

Additional Comments:

PS the massage room in the main building (west side) is much better than the adjoining space that I was taken to the first time.

Very confused about this place. Saw Grace today and got a fantastic, deep massage, but when I asked for extras at the end she said no. She is cute, very friendly and nice. Maybe I just need to go back and see her again and bring it up sooner? Bit of a language barrier, too.

Additional Comments:

PS the massage room in the main building (west side) is much better than the adjoining space that I was taken to the first time.

so maybe they're like two "Separate" places, only one is basically "under the table" with the main medical practitioners business being the front.

I agree with the adjoining building being subpar,it reeks of cigarette smoke and is pretty rundown..still had Maria for a massage and seemed to be going ok nice massage of back and legs and then flipped over..still nothing unusual till stomach massaged and then bliss started happening..very hard to talk with her but will go back just for the buildup and release..on way out saw who must be Lisa and wow she looked gorgeous..she will be next for sure

Only been in the main building, decent enough facility, actually did not know there were rooms in the other building. I have seen all 4 girls currently there, and have left happy with 3 of them, though had decent to great massages with all of them.

Posted via Mobile Device

Been awhile...when air conditioning was not needed...but wit the present hot spell air conditioning is a necessity. A fan is not sufficient...what are they doing there to have proper air conditioning in all the rooms? Used to avoid BW in hot days cuz of the uncomfortableness...

Guest ry*****an

I think that I will try this place.

I do have one question however

Since the HE is only implied, is there a tip at the end required? Also what are the general rates for a massage at this place.

If someone wants to PM me privately please do so I am interested in knowing what the protocol would be

I've seen Maria and like everyone else left more than satisfied, great great massage and finish. What are the names of the other ladies who provide same service as Maria? I've seen Lisa mentioned but don't want to book anyone without knowing service is satisfactory.

I went back earlier this week to try Lisa, as a previous post indicated she offered HE. No dice. So, out of three tries - Maria, Grace, and Lisa - I've only had luck with Maria. I will note that with Maria I was in the next-door building, while the other two I was in the main building and there isn't a lot of sound-proofing into the hallway, so maybe what a previous poster said about different services in the two areas isn't far off the mark.

There is a Coco working at Phoenix now ...slim young asian who wears glasses.

Wonder if this is the Coco that has been at the Ness spa?

Whether HE happens may depend on how busy the ladies are as at times it is very quiet and the women want sufficient income. At times they are very busy and don't have much downtime between sessions. It doesn't help when the male helper (his daughter owns the place) keeps reminding the ladies that the time is almost up and she has another client waiting... all spoken in their language but obvious what he is bothering the lady about. The ladies seem to ignore him though, but annoying to see and he does not understand English in order for us get the message across to him.

The lady you choose handles collecting the fee in the room - different from Magic Spa on St Anne's Rd where you pay at the front desk after the session. Tips should be handled privately with the lady though. All the ladies at Phoenix are nice and want to please the client but apparently ymmv ...even from session to session with the same lady. Establishing a connection with a lady is important ... you cannot expect it to be like Broadways or Nevadas where you get the same service whether you visit only once or repeat. You could end up spending as much at these massage places hoping for a HE as you would spend at Nevadas where that service you seek is a given and the ladies there are happy to oblige for affordable rates but we are all looking for that hidden gem.

• Like 1

So, I took a visit to Phoenix. I called ahead to book a time. I talked to a man there and before I could ask for anyone specific he had handed the phone to Coco I was told. So I figured I'd just go with that, and see how it went.

I got there, and was greeted by Lisa, and I said I had an appointment with Coco. Lisa said she'd see me instead. Oh well, I figured we'll see how it goes.

Lisa seemed fairly young and she's pretty, so that's a bonus. Anyways, very very good massage. In comparison to the RMT I regularly see it was almost as good - very shocking. I didn't know if that'd be it, but the massage did indeed end happily :). Glad I made an appointment.

• Like 1

Could you please pm me the rate, and tip and who i should ask for? Also do u phone ahead for an appointment. If so where do i find the number? Thanks

• Like 1

So I saw Lisa the other day,very pretty and a cute body..she did give a nice massage,my neck felt better after for sure..did not seem to be a HE happening till she was talking about how I felt the massage was and I took the towel off and said he needs a massage too..so she gave him a massage and felt much better..

Lisa did mention Phoenix would be moving to Main St.hopefully by Oct..is a much bigger place,with many more rooms so look forward to that..