Is the sex sites (such as AFF) all fraud? Has anyone had any decent success on the world wild web? Any recommendations for site?

Also, do SPs post ads on the sex sites?

Thanks...

I did AFF once....2 years and 1 date.....it was good...but 1 date.

the chances of things working out are slim.....the cost adds up and that is why the hobby works better.......

there is Lava........AFF.......and all kinds...but guys have to pay alot to keep in touch and the Ladies have all the choice........

at least in the hobby we have a choice.....

I've had no luck with any sex sites. Too much hassle for nothing. Agree with Antlerman, much easier being a hobbyist.:-D

Have had a little success with Ashley Madison in the past year....one good and one bad experience in Winnipeg and when I went on vacation in the fall, I started some online stuff with a lady at my destination...and luckily we hooked up a couple of times...going to try to meet every time I get down that way. But being a hobbyist is way easier for sure.....you know exactly what you are getting and there are no head games, but a little variety is a good thing now and then.

Only website I've had any luck on was Plenty of Fish, met my ex there :-?

I'm on a few other websites, but they all seem like scams...I've found the best place to find women is offline through friends, school, work, etc.

That said, hobbying is straightforward and easy in comparison to forming a "real" relationship ;-)

I've had a lot of success on Ashley Madison, there are both pros and cons and it all comes down to preference.

Cons

The costs can get high, but not as much as an SP (in my case)

Lots of nuts out there

Better chance of getting caught if you are attached (usually need to meet in a public place, a few "dates" before the deed is done...

Need to sift through a shit load of emails, profiles, etc before making a commitment.

Pros

Lots of selection

Most are also attached so the odds of it getting back to your significant other are low

No commitment (best PRO out there)

Always good to have someone to call for a free booty call

I've been lucky and have hooked up several times with women on AM. I had one bad experience that ended horribly (hubby walked into the same restaurent we were at...). So overall cheaper then hobbying, in fact given one lady I met recently is open to weekly booty calls I've reduced my hobbying to 1 or 2 times a month just to stay in contact with a few favorite girls.

Thanks guys...Sounds like it is not all scam afterall. I have tried PoF, and nothing stuck. AM sounds interesting.

Oops...sorry about hubby walking in. It's scary, but kinda funny:-)

I tried a site once and paid for a 3 month Gold Membership. I had all kinds of girls adding me as friends but none were in Canada. I decided to do a search in my area to see if my profile came up and it didn't. I contacted the site and to say my profile never showed up in a search of my area but they never responded. I still get stuff e-mailed to me asking me to come back. Like I ever would.

What about e-harmony? They look like the most legit pay site out of all of them.

If you're looking for a nice Christian connection, go try it ;)

If you're looking for a nice Christian connection, go try it ;)

Exactly! They're way too conservative for me.

I posted an ad on Craig's List. I wrote up a detailed posting of what I was looking for. A sexy, smart, fun, respectful guy for NSA sex. I didn't want someone to date, but I did want someone I could have at least some connection with. I received about 200 replies and they were 90% garbage. It was just too much work to weed out the bad guys from the good guys.

Only website I've had any luck on was Plenty of Fish, met my ex there :-?....................

this is not really a good endorsment really...........hahahahahaha

A whole new world I never put much thought into. So being the curious type I checked out Ashley Madison. My first question after reading some of the profiles was "Is this real?". Most are slim and attractive ladies looking for sexual spice. Seems too good to be true...probably is?! Call me pessimistic or naive. Hobbying at Cerb seems a little less risky as we all know and respect the social boundaries.

Just thought I'd add that Canoe.ca featured an article about: AshleyMaddison.com ... apparently membership is growing in Ontario quickly.

Doesn't really matter where you go, the ratio of men to women is huge. And many women go to dating sites to get away from the endless pickup lines and day to day advances for sex they already get. Or they want a hiking/camping/biking partner and sex is not a major focus for them. So the ones that do want to get fucked are absolutely inundated with 100's of sex starved guys looking for a free piece and they have to filter quickly through all of that to find the 0.1% of those they might find appealing. It's a serious uphill climb for the boys unless you're a real hottie ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Been on a few. Here is a quick review.

Lava: Met a couple of nice women. There truly are a lot of nice women on there, more seeking a relationship and long term . Does cost money but works, wouldn’t suggest for casual though, although others may beg to differ.

Ashley Madison: Met someone on my first day there, definitely most people have a mission there. I’m sure if I stayed on there could have met more. Some drama if you don’t mind that. As noted above, getting caught by their hubby is a higher probability. True story but one of my good friends caught his wife on there and did show up to the restaurant. I wonder if it is truly a small world and it was cordsboy? Heavy on the NSA side but a 100 guys for every 1 girl so you had better stand out some how or call Harry Potter and borrow his magic wand!

Plenty of Fish: Never used it but many of my friends have although most are looking for long term. They have been weeding through there for weeks. The problem is that there are so many “creepers” on there that it is ruining it for the nice guys. The only difference between POF and the two above is that POF has the cheap ones and the other two have ones with money. Either way the freaky guys are haunting us.

CL: Met a hottie on there looking to play out a fantasy. (okay I did but not telling ! ;)) Posted on there a few times and my inbox was full of span and autoresponders. Quite a few SPs who never heard of review boards, kind of scary. As for the erotic section, Cowboy Kenny can teach you a clinic on his blog. I would suggest reading CKs blog before you venture into the unknown.

Edited by hunknhot

this is not really a good endorsment really...........hahahahahaha

Yeah...not really. heh heh.

My experience on these dating sites has been that 90% of the people online are either fake, psycho, or using an incredibly cropped picture and lying about their profile.

I'm looking forward to the new year, should be able to spend more time with this Hobby :-)

I agree. I've dabbled with several over the years and pretty much gave up quite awhile ago. POF is at least Canadian and free. But all are very high bandwidth for BS. You almost come to feel sorry for the few people who actually seem to be sincere, since they're immersed, whether they know it or not, in such an jungle of game playing and often downright weirdness, they will likely not succeed.

And why should the people running them as pay sites care about the quality too much? They collect their monthly fee whether you ever connect or not.

Doesn't really matter where you go, the ratio of men to women is huge. And many women go to dating sites to get away from the endless pickup lines and day to day advances for sex they already get. Or they want a hiking/camping/biking partner and sex is not a major focus for them. So the ones that do want to get fucked are absolutely inundated with 100's of sex starved guys looking for a free piece and they have to filter quickly through all of that to find the 0.1% of those they might find appealing. It's a serious uphill climb for the boys unless you're a real hottie ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

When I moved to Montreal for a couple of years I went on Lavalife, mostly just to meet people to hang out with and maybe more if something "sparked". I met up with a few girls. They were all really nice, cool and attractive. But after a few dates we mutually agreed that it would not go anywhere.

Concerning Adult Friend Finder: I once met a stripper (in a regular bar, not a strip club) who told me her and her boyfriend frequently met up with men and women on that site for 3-ways. I was surprised by this because I always assumed that site was total BS considering how many sleazy ads they have all over net.

After that conversation it occurred to me that I should have asked her about getting in on one of those 3-ways!:pimp:

But, it was a random 10 minute conversation in a crammed bar, so I didn't get the chance.

Been on a few. Here is a quick review.

Lava: Met a couple of nice women. There truly are a lot of nice women on there, more seeking a relationship and long term . Does cost money but works, wouldn?t suggest for casual though, although others may beg to differ.

Ashley Madison: Met someone on my first day there, definitely most people have a mission there. I?m sure if I stayed on there could have met more. Some drama if you don?t mind that. As noted above, getting caught by their hubby is a higher probability. True story but one of my good friends caught his wife on there and did show up to the restaurant. I wonder if it is truly a small world and it was cordsboy? Heavy on the NSA side but a 100 guys for every 1 girl so you had better stand out some how or call Harry Potter and borrow his magic wand!

Plenty of Fish: Never used it but many of my friends have although most are looking for long term. They have been weeding through there for weeks. The problem is that there are so many ?creepers? on there that it is ruining it for the nice guys. The only difference between POF and the two above is that POF has the cheap ones and the other two have ones with money. Either way the freaky guys are haunting us.

CL: Met a hottie on there looking to play out a fantasy. (okay I did but not telling ! ;)) Posted on there a few times and my inbox was full of span and autoresponders. Quite a few SPs who never heard of review boards, kind of scary. As for the erotic section, Cowboy Kenny can teach you a clinic on his blog. I would suggest reading CKs blog before you venture into the unknown.

Looks like you have had some adventure and some success...PoF seems to have women who look more 'realistic", and at least some of them reply. It must be a lot easier for single guys in general.

AM seems intriguing...I heard on CBC that they are gonna put ads on buses in Toronto! Can you believe that. If they pull it through, we should be proud of our tolerance.

Well, I am not surprised if there are real women looking for action...it is just that men are reckless relatively, while ladies are a bit more cautious and more subtle. Call it the evolutionary baggage...culture always wants to "regulate" the urge for good reason, but it is too strong. The dance goes on...

I have tried Lava, Aff. PoF and possibly ;) others.....

Have had a couple of real success stories with Lava one still on going kinda a mutual free booty call as needed (she taught me to appreciate BBW) the other like a meteor hot as hell and just as short :) aka one night stand.

AM for me has always been long dist on line type stuff for me....

AFF I saw a few ppl I knew and run for the hills LOL

PoF sam as AFF except run for a different reason (not looking for serious)

Harmony has never appealed to me ....

Hobby with a couple of friednds with benifits is it for me :))

Loki318

Some luck with the sites but more misses than hits. Depends what site you are dealing with as well. POF is more for woman who can't seem to get a date or want alot of attention by putting up a picture. Aff is a pay site that costs alot to get nowhere. Just my personal expirience mind you.