massage hobbyists - massage table?

Hello Massage Hobbyists,

I started doing massage outside of my home with a massage table. My plan was setting up independently, that I would use my bed until I had made a bit of money and I would buy a massage table. Now that I have the money, I don't want one! I'm very comfortable on my bed. It's wider than a massage table so I can lay down comfortably next to my client, and it's low to the ground so I don't feel afraid of falling off.

My question is: Would this put you off? I prefer the bed from my perspective, but what about the client perspective? I haven't had any complaints yet, but you never know, people could be too polite.

Megan

well.....as far as I am concerned...it is the preferance of the attendant really.

If you are comfortable on a bed and do not get a sore back from leaning over.....and feel you do a better job..then great.

But some guys I think would question the sheets and mattress....a table has a vinyl top that is covered with a towel nd wiped down.....a bed has sheets and the mattress...that well do not have a barrier......possible odours or a previous....damp spot.......

But some guys I think would question the sheets and mattress....a table has a vinyl top that is covered with a towel nd wiped down.....a bed has sheets and the mattress...that well do not have a barrier......possible odours or a previous....damp spot.......

I put a huge white beach towel on the bed to cover it and and obviously each client gets a new one. (Well my first 4 clients got either a purple blanket, or a wolf blanket, but I've since bought the beach towels :P )

The towel does get damp, but it has never soaked underneath to the mattress so this hasn't been a problem as of yet.

I'm kind of a clean freak LOL.

nice to hear......so really it is up to you.........maybe in the futre you could stil buy a table and offer the option of either one.............

nice to hear......so really it is up to you.........maybe in the futre you could stil buy a table and offer the option of either one.............

That's a really good idea!! Thank you.

heck...you could start on the table and end on the bed...or start on the bed and end on the table...or...switch between both on and off during the time......

but then again I am known to be totally out to lunch.........:-P

heck...you could start on the table and end on the bed...or start on the bed and end on the table...or...switch between both on and off during the time......

Okay, that's one good idea too many. I'm officially hiring you as my business management consultant. :bddog:

I actually prefer the bed over the massage table. I enjoy giving massages as well as receiving and the bed is so much easier for the two of you to switch positions.

The bed would work just fine.

I would suggest you let the client see you get a fresh beach towel for the session, then they know for sure you care about being hygenic.

I am also thinking with the bed, you could easily straddle the client as you give the massage. I know I would like that very much! LOL.

I prefer a massage table for an erotic massage. I would prefer the bed for extras.

It depends on the service being offered.

My 2 cents worth.

Richard

hi, it's good that you will offer the choice.

I prefer a table that has the face support, because I find it uncomfortable to have my neck turned one way/another for too long. That's the main difference.

If someone could come up with a bed with a hole for my face... well.. I'd buy it!

I say put a table on a bed and call it massage art :| then hang from a chandelier while sliding around from atop. :D

Chandelier-swinging is going to be the next Olympic sport!

Nice to meet you Mr. Out To Lunch :S Me? Go Crazy? Don't mind if I doooo!!! :S

Having both options is probably your best bet; depending on the quality of your mattress some guys may not like laying on something soft for that long. I'm 6'3" 200lbs with a bad back and can only lay flat on my stomach for 15-20 min on a soft mattress before my back starts to bother me. As well while you may be clear on the service you offer some may view this as an invitation...

Now to the more important question can you make my back feel better as well as Mr Happy? :cooter:

Either would be fine with me..... it's the company that is more important. I don't mind the table but being 6 foot 240 I can find it a bit tight some times. If your worried about stains and such check out the babies / kids section they have some good drop pads in different sizes that will work, just slip it in under the sheets and change with the sheets if there was a bigger mess than expected. My X used to have one, worked well.

check out the babies / kids section they have some good drop pads

Nothing like laying my junk on Dora or Spongbob

• Like 1

Not what I was refering to at All Cordsboy. These are small waterproff bdrop pads parents can use with kids that wet the bed allot. Most are the size of a large bath towel, just plain white and are easier to strip off than a full matress protector.

I,d like both actually. Start with the table for a good relaxing massage and then move to the bed with you to massage the rest of me while we cuddle and coo!!!!:butt:

You may have to fend off more clients than you want. Usually the MPAs using a bed offer a lot more. Some of your new clients may assume this. Depending on services offered you may want to consider this.

I'm definitely a table guy for hygiene and support reasons.

I'm not a very large person dimension-wise, but I'm a fitness goon, so if going for a massage, I need the support that a table offers so that the masseuse can do a proper job. I'm just thinking that a table is the right tool (pardon the expression) for the right job.

A mattress (no matter how firm) can't offer the support I would like. I think the width of the mattress also impedes accessibility too.

Hope this helps.

J.:-D

Guest S***e

Personally, I'd prefer to go with a table for an erotic massage be it a massage table, pool table or dining room table. Beds are definitely more for a bump and grind activity. Just my opinion, however.