Our next social should be â?¦.

Lets do march so Savannah can be there :) xoxox

I agree.... Let's do Savannah in March :)

Additional Comments:

And March...smells like spring :D

But I'm easy too...will go for whatever you guys decide ;)

New note to self in my Iphone for march visit - "Bianca - easy" ;) Ha

• Like 1

... I don't really like the idea of nametags, because discretion. ... QUOTE]

Name tags are a bad idea. People not part of our group can see the name tag in the washrooms or just outside where the smokers are. It would be easy enough to google a name like BarrhavenWoody and find all the cerb references.

BTW, I think the March date is best.

Name tags are a bad idea. People not part of our group can see the name tag in the washrooms or just outside where the smokers are. It would be easy enough to google a name like BarrhavenWoody and find all the cerb references.

I agrre too...we will just have to work on our memory that night ;)

BJ...the easy one lol

• Like 1

I concur...

Will make my darnedest to attend this one.. :-)

Another reason not to have name tags.. our cover story.. that we all work together would mean we already know each other's names.

I can't wait for the next one. I wish it was every thursday!

• Like 3

WTF Jazzy are you stalking me? lol

Well if you google "Jazzitup" it doesn't illustrate my point.

Thanks for being my guinea pig. :icon_biggrin:

Guest Miss Jane TG

I haven't been to any of those socials. But, the idea of name tags could be still done in a discrete way using tags with adjustable covers.

The gents could wear it and it wouldn't reveal their identity. However, if the gent decided to approach a certain lady of interest to him for chatting, or he is in an area where he is comfortable to reveal his CERB name he can just slide the cover at the point. Once the conversation is over, or the gents moves to a less discrete sport, the cover is back on. This will give the gents total control over the issue and would still preserve the current recipe of the social ;)

Edited by Miss Jane TG

Never been to a Social yet and can't make the proposed March date so I am not sure my comment will matter but the name tag idea could be tied into an ice breaker activity... everyone gets assigned a random name tag when they arrive along with an ice breaker sheet that asks them to check off everyone they meet.... this icebreaker sheet would provide the icebreaker name and members Cerb handle..... everyones privacy gets protected... no Cerb names are displayed... and the icebreaker activity could have a prize that would encourage people to mingle.... for those who might be less social it would give them a reason to approach the sexy ladies.

Just my opinion...i hope it is another great Social... wish I could attend.

• Like 1

Never been to a Social yet and can't make the proposed March date so I am not sure my comment will matter but the name tag idea could be tied into an ice breaker activity... everyone gets assigned a random name tag when they arrive along with an ice breaker sheet that asks them to check off everyone they meet.... this icebreaker sheet would provide the icebreaker name and members Cerb handle..... everyones privacy gets protected... no Cerb names are displayed... and the icebreaker activity could have a prize that would encourage people to mingle.... for those who might be less social it would give them a reason to approach the sexy ladies.

Just my opinion...i hope it is another great Social... wish I could attend.

This sounds like a great idea as well but being an attendee of far too many conferences there's an easy fix. At conferences we always have the lanyards with the name tags in the plastic pouch. Half the time people are going around with the name tag flipped backwards. At the social, the use of these type of name tags would allow the gents to just flip the name tag front to back at will depending on their need for discretion.

I hope to be able to attend the next one and March will work perfect to coincide with other travel that I'll be doing.

Cheers

Name tags? Really? Hey gang there is a simple solution to this. You walk up to somebody and do what I do.

I say. " Hi I am Scott, pleased to meet you, my handle on cerb is Canuckhooker".

It's not rocket surgery. :P

• Like 2

Name tags? Really? Hey gang there is a simple solution to this. You walk up to somebody and do what I do.

I say. " Hi I am Scott, pleased to meet you, my handle on cerb is Canuckhooker".

It's not rocket surgery. :P

And besides, Loneskater and I want to keep things simple. And as discreet as possible given we are in a public location. As organiser, I dont want to have to answer questions from staff.

Secondly, Organising an icebreaker thing means more work for both of us.

• Like 1

N Offnce folks, but the name tag thing is a bit.... well odd. My first social was this month and,thuh I admit a little nervous as I'm not good in groups, it was a great experience. There should be no issue to wlk up to someone there and just introduce yourself. Afterall, everyone there "knows" everyone for the most part.

FYI T, sa me a ticket for the next one. Hopefully, I won't be travelling for like 18 hrshat day either so tha I can stay longer.

Oz

And besides, Loneskater and I want to keep things simple. And as discreet as possible given we are in a public location. As organiser, I dont want to have to answer questions from staff.

Secondly, Organising an icebreaker thing means more work for both of us.

The name tag thingie was just an idea..one i didn't think through ;)

oops I certainly don't want to cause more work or have people asking questions. so sorry.

The name tag thingie was just an idea..one i didn't think through ;)

oops I certainly don't want to cause more work or have people asking questions. so sorry.

No worries Emma :) You need'nt have to feel sorry for asking :)

• Like 1