Strangeness at the Silver Dollar

Do you not think it a little odd that the shop next to the Silver Dollar is a clothing store? Are they trying to give the ladies a hint? Or is it perhaps a place where one could purchase, um, souvenirs of one's time in the CR? :shock:

Well, *I* think it's strange. :-)

Crap. I must be getting old - I even remember when the Dollar was just a regular restaurant. Used to go there for lunch or after work gatherings.

The place next door was a convenience store. Used to service SD customers for smokes & chewing gum. My, how times have changed.

Yes, the convenience store is gone, for a while now.

Anybody here (besides me :-) ) old enough to remember the previous name of the place?

Okay, won't keep you in suspense. It was originally the Country Way, aimed at C&W fans (surprise), back around the time of "Rhinestone Cowboy" and such, if I remember right. I think it changed its name first, and then became a SC. But don't use me as an absolute reference; the Country Way was long enough ago that neither Google or Wikipedia have any information on it.

• Like 1