Hey there,

I don't think I have ever visited an independent as of yet, but I'd have to think about it. Anyway, what are the major differences/benefits to each. Would the Indy be a bit cheaper without the overhead etc... of rent and stuff.

Would be interested in recommendations for a good Indy to try out. I am in the Nepean and Barrhaven areas. Bordered by say Carling / Merivale / Fallowfield / Greenbank area. Would love some recommendations for that area, but also interested in outside the area. Love red heads and Asians right now. :Cunning:

Thanks for any help!

You could try Luscious Lilly in the Westboro area.

Typically, indies are more flexible about the services they offer, since they make their own rules in their own place. As for being cheaper? Not necessarily, they still have to pay for their own rent and other overhead. The only real difference is that they don't break down the fee into a door fee and a tip fee, it's all just included together in one fee.

• Like 1

I have only visited indies so far. Somehow, I feel more comfortable with them.

I agree with whiteman that Luscious Lilly is a wonderful MA. If you prefer Asian, Breath Taking Vivian is a great choice.

• Like 1

Visiting an indy does not make it less expensive... if you compare rates for indys and the rates at the spa once youbhave paid all gratuities and door fee. They come out to be the exact same or very close....

Independent ladies also have to pay rent, buy oils, cleaning supplies. .. remember many of them dont operate from their home... so as in any other business There is an Overhead...

And in terms of service is all about the lady and the individual...

Every MA has their own style., and services to offer.. every MA is going to offer you their own "personalised" experience and has nothing to do with the place...

Edited by P*****n****o
  • Like 5

I would agree, there really isn't much price difference in most cases, but it can vary. The bigger difference is the likelihood of broader services, more oral than anything, they offer MA services for a reason.

However, I think spa experiences nowadays are all over the place, service wise, but that can add up.

Edited by The General
  • Like 1

agree that many indy's might even have it tougher because they have to pay rent and overhead and not have the benefit of sharing that overhead as they are the only attendant. I have had awesome experiences in both spas and with indy providers (sp and ma).

• Like 1

I can't say which is better, indy versus non indy. I've only had one MA experience, a good one btw. But you also wanted a recommendation of a independent MA to see, the one lady I saw is Megan (Megan's Touch)

She is on CERB, and is located downtown Ottawa (I saw her when she toured to Kingston)

Here is her profile

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/member.php?u=28987

Someone you may wish to see

RG

• Like 1

I've been to both Indy and non-Indy. I prefer Indy because of the privacy issues and the flexibility in their hours. Girls at Spa's work certain hours. Indy girls can make themselves available at different hours and and days. Spa girls have to work within their allotted times. Indy Girls if they like you will sometimes go over time if they enjoy themselves and are not busy. Some spa girls are very busy and have back to back bookings. Rates are about the same. Indy's have to cover their own overhead and supplies.

But I do go to Spa's because there are MA's that I see on a regular basis and that's where they work.

Both give great service. It's the MA that makes the experience not the SPA.

But my best experiences, generally have been with Indy girls. Like JessicaMassage say's, She's Independent and she does what she wants :)

I also second Luscious Lilly. I've know her since she first started. She gives a great Massage and is very personable and easy to chat with. She is one of my favourites :)

• Like 1

Girls at Spa's work certain hours. Indy girls can make themselves available at different hours and and days. Spa girls have to work within their allotted times.

I just want to clarify something here.. I work out of a Spa, and I decide what hours to work every week... I just set up my schedule to go around the rest of my life... as I am sure is the case for all the ladies... no matter wether they work out of a spa or not... I have made exceptions on my schedule and taken appointments out of the hours I have already stablished for the week,, as long as they dont interfere with other aspects of my life... remember many of us.. independents or SPA attendents have other responsibilities... for some is School, for others is other FT or PT jobs.. and even beyond that FAMILY... And I know fro a fact that I am not the only one at the Spas I work from that accomodate to take appointments even on NON-SPA SCHEDULE HOURS...

• Like 5