Wiring

Not looking to barter but looking for knowledgeable company that can come in and hook up all of my media to interact with each other efficiently and also to set up my home network.

Suggestions? What I have googled does not make me feel comfortable...menu pricing for stuff I don't understand. Send me some recs from companies you trust!

Geek squad i think would work, they do that type of stuff... Not sure their price.

I would try to do it on your own, make sure you got your inputs and outputs right, it's not toooo complicated.

What are you connecting? Like to a receiver or just from cable box to TV??...maybe we can help you out here...pm me if you like.

Guest S*rca****sid

What type of media do you need set-up? Entertainment center? Computer? Both?

Guest P**aq

Last year I used Connectpro to hook up my new smart TV to all my other devices. The guys who did it were great, and one lives near my house and actually stopped by twice to give free help. Can't vouch for the company in general but the two guys who set me up were great!

Feel free to pm with what you,ld like to accomplish its less complicated than you might think- I,m fully connected and wireless to every device I have at home ! doesn,t help with the diet though ! I never need to move anymore lolol

Thanks a bunch! I knuckled down yesterday, pulled everything out and went to town. I got everything working properly! (after many frustrating hours lol)

As a reward, I bought some 3D glasses and watched Avatar!

Now, the next task is to cut down the number of remotes I need....that will be for a day far in the future!

Thanks to you all and to those who sent me PM's.

I have a Sony receiver. The remote for it can be programmed easily, it controls my receiver, BluRay player and TV. It certainly simplifies things.

The Logitech Harmony family of remotes are great for replacing all of your remotes. And they are extremely easy to program by hooking them up to your computer with a USB cable and uses a nice graphical interface. I have 4 of them controlling entertainment systems in 4 difference places in my home.

Additional Comments:

That title should be Logitech Harmony. Damn finger trouble.

• Like 1

I bought a Logitech Harmony remote and was very unhappy with it all. You have to register your info with Logitech to use it, and they make it hard for no real reason to use with all platforms. They also limit how many times you can reprogramme it.

You may like it better like srch4intimacy did, however know one person (me) didn't and there are other high end universal remotes out there.

Seriously you will get it all figured out it. Keep trying, ask questions here if need be.

• Like 1

Agree with Rassilon.

No need to go out and buy another remote if you already have too many. I already had the remote for the receiver and it does everything fine. Most systems come with a similar remote that can be programmed to control TVs and other devices.