Halifax woman arrested for offering underage girl to clients

Why hasn't this been reported here yet? :?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/pimping-charge-for-halifax-s-florence-muriel-young-1.2549409

Her name and face is plastered in the article for public consumption, as are all the charges against her.

Can a local tell us what kind of neighbourhood is 0-100 block of Evans Avenue?

I don't know what's the deal with all these underage prostitution news stories 2010-2014 so far in Halifax. Are teenage girls in Nova Scotia not getting enough education on the danger signs? Is it influenced by socio-economics of this province? Seems to me this is a recurring theme for Nova Scotia.

I am not a local but I would like to hear some opinions.

This woman is know as Mamma Flo and has been around and maybe still is a provider herself. I have never met her but I know people that do. I also had not heard she was running underage girls .

The last I heard she was living in a basement apartment on Evans Avenue. This is a section of Fairview in Halifax . Its a section of town that boarders Old Clayton Park. It has good and bad parts all through Fairview, this one not being particularly bad. Perhaps not a good walk at night.

• Like 2

Why hasn't this been reported here yet? :?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/pimping-charge-for-halifax-s-florence-muriel-young-1.2549409

Her name and face is plastered in the article for public consumption, as are all the charges against her.

Can a local tell us what kind of neighbourhood is 0-100 block of Evans Avenue?

I don't know what's the deal with all these underage prostitution news stories 2010-2014 so far in Halifax. Are teenage girls in Nova Scotia not getting enough education on the danger signs? Is it influenced by socio-economics of this province? Seems to me this is a recurring theme for Nova Scotia.

I am not a local but I would like to hear some opinions.

Yes I seen this last night on Live at 5, was going to look for the link so glad you found it.

It happens here in NB too, just in Dec an "agency" was found with a 15 yr old working, weapons, and drugs. So for sure it is not limited to NS. Even in a small city the size of Fredericton had 2 agencies were busted about 2 years ago for this.

For many of these young underage workers, they have left home at an early age. Sometimes they know someone in the biz, or they may even know the agent. Leaving home at an early age, as I did, is usually a symptom of home troubles. In their young minds, they feel this is better then having to stay home where they may be being abused/neglected. in cases of sexual abuse at home, then it is common a young lady will develop promiscuous behaviour early:( So for the young lady, she feels this is OK for her. Sadly. Teachers and school counselors tend to be able to pick up this " warning flag" as they spend more time then the actual parents who are neglecting their daughters. Too bad their wasn't more that a community could do!

Women like this agent, makes you feel like your in control, makes you feel like she is your only friend. But of course she is a vulture! Preying on young, as I am sure that a mature adult would not even go close to her "agency". Most often these types of agents NEED someone to work their business because they themselves are not attractive in anyway, and the men do not want to see THEM. So here is a way she can " cash in" on the trade. Feeding her drug habits or what not. By what I could see on the report, this fits her to a "T" as well as the 2 "agencies" here in Fredericton a couple years ago!

Another agency caught, but I am sure there are many more to go! Makes me so mad!!!

• Like 1

I don't know this person nor the situation but I did want to say there is a chance she didn't know the girl was underage. There are some young girls who are clever, crafty and know how to get fake id, who look older and know how and what to do to fool someone into hiring them. Perhaps this was the case in this situation? If it was I feel sorry for her, if it wasn't shame on her!

• Like 2

I don't know this person nor the situation but I did want to say there is a chance she didn't know the girl was underage. There are some young girls who are clever, crafty and know how to get fake id, who look older and know how and what to do to fool someone into hiring them. Perhaps this was the case in this situation? If it was I feel sorry for her, if it wasn't shame on her!

Possible I suppose?? But come on! If in doubt you ask for ID! That is what I do for my ladies and for my clients. There are times young gent's come in and I ask them for ID, if none, then NO SERVICE. Same as the ladies. Even with Asia, I had to see her ID as she looked young. She actually did not have any the day she met me. I made her go get her pic ID before she was allowed to work with me or got details.

If fake ID, I suppose her lawyer may have a good arugment, but I hardy think that will be the case! Fake ID's are not as easy as once was.

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia

I just spoke with someone that knows her and she was well aware she was running underage girls.

She has already been caught and had been under house arrest only able to leave home on Fridays for a couple of hours. Maybe this is one of her breach charges?

• Like 3

Possible I suppose?? But come on! If in doubt you ask for ID! That is what I do for my ladies and for my clients. There are times young gent's come in and I ask them for ID, if none, then NO SERVICE. Same as the ladies. Even with Asia, I had to see her ID as she looked young. She actually did not have any the day she met me. I made her go get her pic ID before she was hired on or got details.

If fake ID, I suppose her lawyer may have a good augment, but I hardy think that will be the case! Fake ID's are not as easy as once was.

Sophia, my post did say some know how to get FAKE id, perhaps you are far more clever than the rest of us and have never been fooled, but some fake id is not detectable to the average person. I'm not defending criminal activity, nor someone who deliberately hires a child. I simply wanted to point out that there IS a chance that she was fooled.

additional comments-I also said if she knew shame on her. I am not ashamed, nor will I ever be for FIRST giving anyone the benefit of a doubt.

Sophia, my post did say some know how to get FAKE id, perhaps you are far more clever than the rest of us and have never been fooled, but some fake id is not detectable to the average person. I'm not defending criminal activity, nor someone who deliberately hires a child. I simply wanted to point out that there IS a chance that she was fooled.

Far more clever then the rest of us??? WOW! Don't think I gave that impression at all.

But as pointed out, was not fake anyways.

Besides if it were a fake ID, I am sure the cops and reporters would have discovered this before plastering her name and face all over the news. I am sure her lawyer would have loved this!

Far more clever then the rest of us??? WOW! Don't think I gave that impression at all.

But as pointed out, was not fake anyways.

Besides if it were a fake ID, I am sure the cops and reporters would have discovered this before plastering her name and face all over the news. I am sure her lawyer would have loved this!

Thank you for your comments:) But regardless of the id arrests would still be made as the girls are underage. Yes her lawyer would use this as leverage, but that would be after the fact :) The newspaper prints stories after arrests are made, so even if they had knowledge of some having or not having fake id, again the girls are underage so a criminal offense was committed, an arrest made, therefore a story and yes her face and name plastered.

again the girls are underage so a criminal offense was committed, an arrest made, therefore a story and yes her face and name plastered.

YES EXCATLY why I said, that the benefit of doubt in this case does not apply. obviously there was no fake ID being used, or they would have NOT made the arrest for underage girls, NOR would they print the story!

I'm confused about the "householder permitting sexual activity" charge. Would this be the same as common bawdy house, could anyone explain-thanks

Agent or not if you allow underage to have sex with adults it is a crime.

• Like 1

It is based again on the under 18 criteria. See the following link, http://yourlaws.ca/criminal-code-canada/171-householder-permitting-sexual-activity

Thank you, I just got that link as well:) I just wanted clarification as to whether or not that charge had to do with underage, or just running an incall. As I've never heard it before. Thanks again for taking the time:)

I agree I am glad she got caught but I don't think she be the last one because there is one person and I believe he is a member on here that does ad for many girls in Dartmouth and Halifax which I believe will eventually be caught. I have been told from a friend of mine that use to work with him that the other girls are underage. She could be wrong but based on the pics in the ads, she could be right. I believe his name is Ritchie. I be very careful guys in going there.

• Like 3

I agree I am glad she got caught but I don't think she be the last one because there is one person and I believe he is a member on here that does ad for many girls in Dartmouth and Halifax which I believe will eventually be caught. I have been told from a friend of mine that use to work with him that the other girls are underage. She could be wrong but based on the pics in the ads, she could be right. I believe his name is Ritchie. I be very careful guys in going there.

If you are certain about this, then maybe you should make an anonymous tip about this?

Hope that all of our treasured hobbyist here would report such a disgrace of procuring from an underage provider!

Remember YOU are not breaking the law, especially when reporting a situation like this:(

Additional Comments:

COMMING UP AT 6 PM....

live at 5, news report claiming " teenaged prostitution NOT that common"

Hmmmm, is this local government trying to safe face or truth?

CANT WAIT ...for this report!

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 3

Additional Comments:

COMMING UP AT 6 PM....

live at 5, news report claiming " teenaged prostitution NOT that common"

Hmmmm, is this local government trying to safe face or truth?

CANT WAIT ...for this report!

If it isn't that common, then there goes the argument that all prostitution has to be abolished because of all the hundreds of thousands of underagers that are being lured or willingly working.

My point just being that contradicts other news stories that just get spoonfed the trafficking organization's statements that get brought out on every sex work related story.

I think some of those charges are related directly to incalls still being against the law and not dependent on the fact an under 18 is in it. It is because it is an incall aka bawdy house that the charge of having someone in it under the age of 18 is also a crime. it is a long list of charges tho.

• Like 3

An uncanny likeness of the picture in the CBC article on this BP add.

REMOVED BY THE MOD - NOT SAME PERSON

If indeed the case, I wonder why the add has not been removed?

That is not a picture of the woman in question. She is another SP who has been discussed on CERB.

The woman charged was a regular advertiser on both of the common sites, although I have not seen her ads in weeks/months. As an aside, about a year ago there was a discussion about the woman in question on a well known web-site that features innuendo and DIRT. Locals might recall that the web-site was mentioned by the main-stream media in their coverage of execution-style slaying of a local man last fall. Anyway, from what I have read, the nature this woman's business model was well known. If true, there is a shocking side to the story....

• Like 6

Florence Muriel Young is in more trouble. I'm glad I didn't see one of her girls on Halifax BP, I kept to Dartmouth SP's.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/florence-muriel-young-faces-more-pimping-charges-1.2558008

Two more underage prostitutes have contacted police. This tells me this woman had quite a stable of teenage girls to offer for clients. Even more disturbing is the last sentence of the article.

• Like 1

I be kind of keen of staying away from any sp from Fairview area which seems to be several of them because wouldn't surprise me that the police is investigating them too especially the one I mentioned in my previous post. So any sp that puts ads up saying they are 18-20, I would be questioning their ages before any service is provided because I say this is not the end of any arrests.