Losing Interest

As odd as it seems if you want it to be a Winnipeg thread you have to put it in the title.

• Like 1

But I have on occasion looked at the postings for other cities across Canada, and have posted for info when I travel. It seems to me despite bring a small city, the Winnipeg thread is probably the busiest. Maybe people from other cities post here for the simple reason nobody is really posting in their city.

• Like 1

This Hobby even with all of its highs.... meeting sexy amazing seductive women.... women of diverse backgrounds and interests will like all things in life have its ups and downs. When things are good they tend to be very good but things don't always go as we want. But do you know what.... even the worst day that includes spending time with a beautiful sexy is Pretty Great.

Want to beat the blahs..... Make a booking with a sexy CERB Lady

• Like 1

the Winnipeg thread is probably the busiest.

Because we take this seriously. There's a lot of chaff to weed out. It's a challenge, kind of a like playing Sport Select...always looking for the trifecta of Looks, Attitude and Service.

Because we take this seriously. There's a lot of chaff to weed out. It's a challenge, kind of a like playing Sport Select...always looking for the trifecta of Looks, Attitude and Service.

Agreed. Compare the Winnipeg page to the Montreal page. There's nothing going on there. There doesn't need to be. There are stunningly beautiful SPs all over MTL. Not quite the same story in Winnipeg. We need CERB here more than they do in MTL, because we have to do our research and find those rare, exceptional ladies who are actually worth the money.

Not quite the same story in Winnipeg. We need CERB here more than they do in MTL, because we have to do our research and find those rare, exceptional ladies who are actually worth the money.

True. However, even a board like Cerb, in a more active section like "Winnipeg", is plagued by the common malaise of "the lurker".. Such a tendency for 100 members to lurk, while only a dozen or so "full patch" members post any information of value or merit.

I scroll down a thread, and dismiss the 'low count' posters. Why? Because many of them are shill accounts that are hyping a given provider, or are simply unreliable in their assessment of a provider in question. Harsh comment? Sure. But prove me otherwise..

When I started out on the boards a few years ago, I got shot down from time to time for my taste or opinion about a given provider. That did not deter me from sharing my experience, however. I kept posting my opinions, as I saw them and called them.. And after a while, people will recognize what a given poster says, and can base their judgement on their knowledge of that posters' established track record.

Which means that lurkers need to leave the shadows and start to post their opinions and thoughts about the providers they have seen. Eventually, each one that does so will establish their own "street cred" here and will actually make a contribution to the information pool.

Now that I've groused that out of my system, time to shuffle off to bed.. good night CERB.

• Like 5

I would agree that the scene in Winnipeg has changed over the years. CERB has proved to be a valuable research tool (wish I had found it much earlier), but the local scene has become completely dominated by traveling SP's and highly questionable posters on BP. I miss the days when one could rely on a number of great local SP's. No offence to any ladies reading this, I know that there are still fantastic local SP's out there but the numbers are dwindling. Emily is leaving shortly, Cami retired recently, and many others have moved on over the years. Maybe I should be trying harder to find the diamonds in the rough but it's been an unpleasant task, and so the only other reasonable option is the traveling ladies, and as pointed out earlier many traveling Sp's tend to skip Winnipeg over. I've heard a number of traveling Sp's complain about a lack of business, which is unfortunate. I'm not entirely sure why this is happening but hopefully things take a turn for the better soon.

I find that there is such hostility to anyone who does not reside in Winnipeg. I still don't really understand what is so different from Winnipeg vs. any other area of small town Canada. Are the issues really that different? I reside in a small city in NB, I've worked in all areas of Canada - both large cities and small towns. They each have their own issues that make them unique, but not a huge difference.

I do travel - however, Winnipeg is the last city I would visit, due to the hostility I've seen to others that choose to share their comments or ideas. I get many requests from senior cerb members from Winnipeg to come see them, however, I am not willing to take a chance and have a non-productive visit.

I've seen too many comments that travelling sp's charge too much and that they want to keep their dollars local. However, in the same breath, there seems to be the concensus that there are not enough quality local ladies to support the demand.

In my opinion, if Winnipeg was more welcoming of others, then more ladies would be willing to travel there, or better yet, make Winnipeg their home base.

I really wish that those that don't like outside comments, would create their own closed social group for Winnipeg residents. That way, they can say what they want, and the rest of us wouldn't have to hear it.

I read the threads in Winnipeg, because I've seen some really crazy statements that I have had to challenge. That is why I continue to read the threads in this area. In fact, I read discussions in all areas of Canada.

Sometimes an outsider can give a different perspective that locals hadn't thought about. Or, the locals are too afraid to say what they want due to those that are vocal about their own opinions.

How many local sp's have replied on this thread?

• Like 4

I read Meghanmcloud's post with a great deal of interest. Meghan, I'd love to come visit you some time. I could tell you all about my favorite city.. the most fucked up city around.. Winnipeg!!

Then... "The Chicago of the North"

Now.... "The Detroit of the North"

Meghan said "I still don't really understand what is so different from Winnipeg vs. any other area of small town Canada"..

Aye my dear, therein lies the rub...

Winnipeg, at the turn of the twentieth century, was one of the major metropolitan centers in North America. Gateway to the West. Home of the grain trade. Railway capital of Canada..

Winnipeg peaked in 1920, and then entered a long and painful decline..

Major head offices moved east and west to other cities.. We..

Lost the Air Canada overhaul center to Montreal..

Lost the meat packing industry to Alberta and the US..

Lost the CP Rail operating center to Calgary..

Lost the grain trade to Minneapolis and Calgary..

Lost the Canadian Wheat Board.. and,

Lost the Original Winnipeg Jets to Phoenix, Arizona..

Winnipeg..

Once an important major urban center in North America.. Now a decaying third tier city, with urban problems, high crime rates, significant street drug problems, serious street gang problems, an eroded tax base, a terribly difficult business environment, high poverty rates, significant child health and nutrition problems, amongst the highest levels of sti infections in Canada, decaying streets, frozen water lines...

Our license plates once wore the caption "Friendly Manitoba".. We are friendly.. to an extent..

But we all have a chip on our collective shoulders.. our insecurity complex is exposed for all to see..

the "Detroit of the North"

But goddamnit, I love this city;

Selkirk Avenue..

the New Winnipeg Jets at the MTS Centre..

Eddie's Diner at lunchtime..

Rae and Jerry's on Portage on a Friday night..

Assiniboina Downs on a summer evening..

Cheap seats at a Goldeye's ball game..

Shine n' show at Pony Corral and then..

Cruising Portage Avenue on a hot Sunday night..

the Thunderbird on McPhillips..

the Bombers.. how we agonize with every loss..

Salisbury House (a Daybreaker on a Saturday morning)..

The Red Top on St. Mary's (burger, fries and chili at lunch)..

A paradox.. A dichotomy..

Yes, it's a blue collar town..

Yet, it's a renowned artistic community.. The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, the Manitoba Theatre Centre, the Winnipeg Art Gallery..

Winnipegers are..

Fiercely insecure..

Fiercely protective..

Fiercely cheap..

Welcome to the Friendly Manitoba thread on CERB.. We don't get a lot of tourists to Winnipeg these days, but respect our heritage when we post here.. If we seem hostile, its because we're "homies first"..

Happy Pooning!

• Like 6

I find that there is such hostility to anyone who does not reside in Winnipeg.

You are not reading the posts. There is hostility to being scammed, to being misled, to poor service and to being robbed. There have been several posts by members proclaiming their loyalty and affection towards women of Winnipeg who provide good service and are wonderful ladies.

Are the issues really that different?

Yes. But this is not the place for a discussion that will go into politically incorrect areas. Suffice to say there is a very strong street gang presence here. And meth or oxy addiction is rampant, often linked to gang/pimp suppliers.

Many many ads online are for substance abusers. I've seen them firsthand. Pictures of someone from years ago, but then you see them in person and they are emaciated and scarred. Does that happen where you live? Do the guys accept it without complaint? Why should I put up with it?

What I do not understand is why people keep saying "Is it different?". So someone from here explains why it is. Then someone else asks the same question again. It is frustrating when people who refuse to listen.

hostility I've seen to others that choose to share their comments or ideas. I get many requests from senior cerb members from Winnipeg to come see them, however, I am not willing to take a chance and have a non-productive visit

If someone has something WORTHWHILE to contribute to the debate that is great. If you want to come you should talk to someone who travels here regularly. This is a goldmine for several ladies.

In my opinion, if Winnipeg was more welcoming of others, then more ladies would be willing to travel there

You're kidding? Look at other boards...One lady just left after her week long stay turned into a month. Right away guys were asking her to come back. Not because she was from out of town but because she was so good.

Guys rave about viptog, BLE, Victoria Jolie, and others.

I've spent a lot on touring ladies myself. Saying it is not welcoming is crazy.

I've seen some really crazy statements that I have had to challenge

How do you consider yourself qualified to challenge those statements when you have never been here, have no knowledge of the market or the demographic?

• Like 2

If you read through the entire thread/posts it's understandable why the Winnipeg gents are commenting as they are. Yes all cities have their issues when it comes to this hobby but there are some cities that have issues that are unique to them and to understand them you have to live there and experience them. But for most of us it's easier to criticize than to be understanding, that's human nature. If you don't live it, taste it, walk it, wear it, see it, feel it, how can you understand it? Yet some are good and want to try help, so we comment, we want to help but without the experience our comments are just that and not solutions so they frustrate some:( They should still be appreciated however. Kindness, a willingness to want to help is always a good thing, even though it maybe not helpful:)

• Like 3

I have read the entire thread. I actually re-read the thread before posting. BTW - I have been to Winnipeg, 3 times. Just long before I joined CERB.

What I am saying, is Winnipeg is not a lot different then other areas of Canada. Here in Saint John, NB, we have a very high poverty rate, generational welfare, horrible pollution, crime, addiction and other not so nice things happening. Employment is peak and valley with most work going to transient workers. I've worked in BC where there was a high profile gang presence and substance abuse problems.

I see that the NWT have the highest crime rates in the country (higher then Manitoba), but that doesn't mean that unless you live there you don't understand it.

I'm sorry that Winnipeg has so many problems. Yes, I know many providers who have descended into drug addiction and it is really sad to see. I have friends that are dead because of their addictions. They don't just exist in Winnipeg. They exist everywhere.

Winnipeg - open up your heart to let others in. We want to help, we are here to listen, make suggestions, give you ideas.

xoxo

• Like 3

Sure seems like folks of way too much time on their hands, perhaps it's the slow unfolding of spring. It is what it is and there are cycles to everything and good and bad prostitutes and good and bad Johns come and go all the time. At the end of the day none of this really matters much at all.

Peace

MG

• Like 1

Sure seems like folks of way too much time on their hands, perhaps it's the slow unfolding of spring. It is what it is and there are cycles to everything and good and bad prostitutes and good and bad Johns come and go all the time. At the end of the day none of this really matters much at all.

Peace

MG

Allotta talk about this "John " fella as of late......must be this guy ?

• Like 3

I used to see a SP for 7years on a regular basis but she retired and moved a few years ago. We had a business deal and became very good friends at the same time. We still keep in touch with each other. I saw two SP after that from EC and both of them turned out to be bait and switch which was a huge disappointment to the point that I haven't seen a SP for a year now. It was a total turn off! Really feel bad about the problems that Emily is having and it's a shame that her life is being destroyed. Take care Emily! Not sure if I will ever see another SP!

tas510: stick with actual girls who have been reviewed here, and who use NAMES in their ads.

No name in the ad...big red flag.

Still some good girls out there!