Halifax has lots of pizza places yet I've yet to find a pizza that I want to rave about. I like gourmet and the traditional take out type. What is your favorite pizza shop and why?

places I've tried-domino's

Alexanders

Freemans little New York

pizza delight

Grecco

Peters pizza

pizza pizza

Tomaso's

Salavitori's

Tomasino's-my favorite so far

pizzadelic in clayton park-second favorite so far

• Like 1

Mr Boring and Traditional with pizza as with most everything else. LOL Give me thick crust, with everything on it. :)

A Maritime chain only I believe, but you can't beat Pizza Delight. I have also discovered that Sobey's in store premade for take home to cook are pretty darn good too.

• Like 2

My favorite is Sicilian specifically their Sicilian Works.

My favorite used to be Sackville Pizza which has now changed to Pizza Girls and I haven't tried in awhile.

Monster Pizza was by far THE best but their location in Bayer's Lake sucked so they closed. You have to go to Fall River to get them now.

• Like 1

The best pizza I've had lately was in Halifax, butwasn't at a 'pizza place' but at The Wooden Monkey. Not sure if I was particularly hungry that day or what. I haven't had the chance to go back and try it again...

• Like 1

My favourite pizza in Halifax is Freemans. I hate crusts that are too doughy and Freemans has the perfect crust for me not too doughy not too thin. Their sauces taste excellent. Good selection of toppings. I usually get The Ironworker on their menu.

I used to live in Windsor, Ontario and they had some really good pizza places there. One of the places Armandoes had an awesome deepdish pizza. So far I havent seen deepdish pizza on menus in Halifax. Can anyone recommend a place with deepdish pizza in Halifax?

Their was a little pizza place in Lunenburg that makes personal size pizzas and they had a delicious seafood pizza.

• Like 1

Piatto actually imports their flour from Italy and is one of the few authentic Neapolitan Pizzas I've had on this side of the atlantic.

• Like 1

Guest D***urbe***1

Not sure if you've tried, but Papa John's is probably the best Pizza I have ever eaten. I could absolutely live off this stuff.

Thank you to all who replied, you've certainly given me a lot more selections and I will try them all. When I do I'll post my fave out of them. Even though our tastes are all different and subjective it's alawys good to have opinions and selections:)

Guest **cely***r***ne

Freemans for me! Everything on their menu is awesome!! I especially like the ballpark hot dog. But I am a junk food junky. This dog comes LOADED OMG but you're talking about pizza....for some reason I have wieners on the brain...

My favorite pizza there is the seafood. SO GOOD <3

Freemans for me! Everything on their menu is awesome!! I especially like the ballpark hot dog. But I am a junk food junky. This dog comes LOADED OMG but you're talking about pizza....for some reason I have wieners on the brain...

My favorite pizza there is the seafood. SO GOOD <3

Lol, now I want a wienie, a hot dog, I mean. Thanks I'm going to try one:)

• Like 1

Great question...reminds me of a movie quote. "Sex is a lot like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good".

• Like 1

Christy: If you are not raving about Salavitori's there is no hope for you. :-)

I second Bramoso. Even more so though, I recommend On the Wedge in the Sunnyside Mall in Bedford. Now I know what you are thinking, a mall food court place, but seriously it is gourmet pizza and very good. Very different recipes. Moon Pie is unique and delcious.

Not been around on CERB much due to a sudden health problem developed last year and I can only eat a tiny amount of cheese and a tiny amount of tomatoes now, so pizza is not practical for me anymore. I miss it. Allot. Friend of mine got the place in his neighbourhood (Alexandra's in Hammonds Plains) to make a pizza using some sort of mustard base. I realize this sounds full on insane but it worked. I could have a slice and half and it was great. Will try to get more details if you are interested.

• Like 2

over here(on the good side of the water) Johns Lunch in woodside....Pizza Time in Eastern Passage are very good

• Like 1