Visitng Kingston & have some questions

Hi everyone, ladies and gentlemen,

I will be visiting your fine city for the first time (after wanting to for ages) and Im very excited. Going to a new city is always strange though and luckily cerb offers a place to ask questions and discuss a few things. I actually madea thread a while back asking which hotels are good and got great feedback (thanks so much to those who replied).It seems you have a lot of great hotels, so now that its time to book, Id like to ask, are there any I should avoid? I dont usually use BP but I probably will in Kingston & I know that some hotels check BP, does this happen in Kingston and if so are there any hotels known for doing so?

My next question is, I understand your city isn't very large. I've also been told that division street and princess street are good locations... I will be leaving my car at home so I am wondering, which is closer to the bus station?

Now one just for clients, kind of a poll. What works better for you?? Weekdays or weekends? This time I will be visiting from Friday until checkout Sat but if I like it I will probably be visiting more often, so Id like to know what works best for you.

Thank you in advance to anyone who has taken the time to read this and especially those who reply. I can't wait to see Kingston beyond the 45min Ive spent at the bus station on the way to TO lol

Take care all

JessyCeleste

xoxo xxx

514-716-6258

Feel free to reply via text too.

Good morning Jessy,

I use hotels when I entertain in Kingston.I would avoid most motels Visible parking and not the best kept. There are plenty of sp friendly hotels.

Delta- Waterfront

My Fav!

A bit pricy but great location Amazing restaurant-view- pool and gym. Friendly people and great food! Did I say that already ;)

Should check with gents I am not sure about parking for guests in downtown.

Ambassador located mid Princess

They have a great pool steam room and sauna. Great restaurant and a plenty of entrances for friends to stay discreet. 10 dollar taxi ride to the bus. Not much more around if you want to get out and about though.

The Travel lodge-

Located west end of Princess. St

Nice hotel with the option for an outside room & Balcony. You are a little further from the bus (12.00) but you have a great pool & fitness Amazing Restaurant.

Lots around you. Grocery stores -shopping mall-Book store Costco ect....

Division St @ 401

All hotels in this area are fairly close together. Plenty of shopping restaurants take out convenience stores movie theater. Not even a ten dollars fare to the bus.

Holiday Inn express-

I have never played there, but hear good things. ( Great breakfast!

Days Inn-

Nice Big hotel with option for outside rooms. Never a problem.

Courtyard by Marriott- Beautiful hotel. Pool & Gym May want to check late night polices if playing past 11:00pm

Comfort Inn-

Nice and quite- 1st floor balcony entrance rooms are usually available.

First Canada Inn-

Great location- Tucked away nice & discreet. Ground floor with balconies are available if requested. Swimming pool Great breakfast and low rates.

Hope this helps you out enjoy K-Town! :)

Xox Selena

• Like 3

My two cents is the hotels off of Division street are great as they have free parking and are only a ten minute drive off the 401 from down town Kingston (unless its rush hour than it takes forever!). I don't know if anyone has a particular preference in terms of when seeing a Sp? For me, weekdays and weekends work just fine!

• Like 1

I would just like to add a comment about the Delta Hotel. Yes it's a nice hotel with a great restaurant, however I have a concern with the entrance. The restaurant and open concept bar are right inside the entrance beside the check-in counter and you have to go through this area to get to the elevators. Unless there is another entrance I'm not aware of, you're passing by lots of restaurant customers when you enter. Not discreet enough for my liking.

• Like 1

I prefer through the week and morning apointments myself , and also prefer balcony entrances rather than walking past the front lobby . Or the Ambassador has a lot of diferent entrance which keeps you away from the front lobby. For me the more discret the better , so the courtyard by Marroit is out for me , it is right in the middle of all those outlets stores . I hope this helps and look forward to seeing you when you visit sometime.

• Like 1

I would just like to add a comment about the Delta Hotel. Yes it's a nice hotel with a great restaurant, however I have a concern with the entrance. The restaurant and open concept bar are right inside the entrance beside the check-in counter and you have to go through this area to get to the elevators. Unless there is another entrance I'm not aware of, you're passing by lots of restaurant customers when you enter. Not discreet enough for my liking.

My sentiments exactly. Recently saw one of my traveling favs there, and although the room was great, the first thing you see when you enter the building, is the guy behind the counter! Didn`t give me any trouble mind you, but still, that and the bar staff/customers watching you head to the elevators...and parking sucks downtown, especially if its a busy weekend.

Personally, I like the Holiday Inn Express. Had a good time there a couple times. Lots of free parking on site, jacuzzi suites, just off Division near 401, and 10min from Bus station.

• Like 1

Grrrr! I just wrote this big msg and when I clicked submit the wifi connection had dropped and so...*pooof't

Yes, discretion is EVERYTHING!!! For everyone involved. Not only do I want you to feel comfortable in visiting me, I also do not much fancy the idea of hotel staff knowing what I am doing. Not simply because of the stigma attached to it, but also because getting kicked out of a hotel would not be a pleasant experience at all. So discretion is one of my top concerns.

I thank each and every one of you for your feedback!I really appreciate it. I stayed at the Ambassador and Ive got to say, Ive never known such great guest service! And Ive stayed in some pretty snazzy places. My only issue is that its in the middle of nowhere in terms of food. And because there arenèt any microwaves or fridges in the room, bringing food isn't an option. Luckily, I knew this and was arriving from a visit in Ottawa, so I came armed with pizza. The staff not only were happy to heat it up for me, they even picked up and delivered it back to my room.

I guess as with all things in life, there are pros and cons and you just have to decide whats right for you. I was hoping all my preferences would be met in one place but that's asking a bit much for the first two visits. Thanks so much, your replies really helped me decide where to stay for my first 2 visits and it will help me for future visits as well!! The most important thing is to know where to avoid!

Thanks again and have a great day! I will definitely be visiting regularly, you have an awesome city!

Jessy

xoxo xxx

514-716-6258