Secure texting

Guest Ou**or**n

I recently came across this secure texting app - Wickr

It seems to have some interesting features

• app is available for android and iPhone
  • texts are encypted and decrypted locally on your phone
  • texts are not stored on the company's servers
  • messages auto delete after a pre-determined interval (determine by sender)
  • messages are securely deleted (shredded) when auto deleted
  • app can be password protected

I could see something like this really taking off in this business where discretion is important. God forbid if the feds enact the Nordic model I could see something like this become quite standard.

It would be a simple matter for a lady to install the app and put her username in her advertising (for those ladies that deal with texts).

Anyone been using this or have any better alternatives to suggest? Any other thoughts?

Guest **sh****he***ac***th

I will check into this one for my Android phone as I like the idea of it even though I am not terribly concerned about the Feds shoving the Nordic Model up our asses.

If this app encrypts test then i am assuming the two parties would have to exchange the same encryption key for it to work. If this is the case i kinda think it would be way to complicated for it to work effectively.

I am less concerned about LE reading my text then i am my wife I have tried several apps that hide text messages on your phone they do work but all I have used up to now don't keep the hidden texts in a conversation format so they are not really ideal... what they do do is keep all my play texts out of the prying eyes of anyone who uses my phone.

Just my opinion.

Guest Ou**or**n

No, this app simplifies encryption as it does not require a key exchange between parties. The keys are tied to the device running the app.

The self-destruct feature and password protection provide a good way to keep spousal prying eyes out.

Guest S****r

Sounds like a photo app for texting that someone showed me, where the photo sent self-destructs after so many seconds or minutes. I forget what it is called. Sounds good!

Guest Ou**or**n

That would be Snapchat. However it isn't encrypted and utilities exist to bypass the self destruct feature. Plus your photos and messages are on the Snapchat servers.