Craig's List not accepting photos

I keep trying to post the same photos which I always post in my CL ad. I keep getting error messages. I am able to post my ad without the photos. Anyone know what the problem is?

Guest S*rca****sid

Here is the link to craigslist on how to upload photos:

https://www.craigslist.org/about/help/images

I don't think Craigslist specifies a specific file size limit when uploading photos, but I think they resize photos to 600 x450 pixels. So it might be best to resize before trying to upload.

If that's how you are uploading photos and you are still having problems, there may be an issue with their server. In that case, all you can do is wait for them to resolve the issue.

Guest S****r

I recently started having trouble uploading on one of my computers, too, but I don't have any trouble uploading on my other computer. I had never had trouble uploading on either computer until then. I thought it was something on my computer, but now you have made me wonder.

The error that I am getting is:

"Sorry, a server error occurred uploading" plus the name of the photo.

I used the same photo before. There is nothing offensive about the photo. I tried different photos and different accounts and nothing works. I can post the same ad without photos.

I tried resizing the photos to a smaller size and that did not help.

Some ads still have photos but I notice more ads without photos.

Does CL use different servers for different locations?

Does CL have a contact email that is actually read?

Edited by FunValerie
more info

I am not sure what the problem is with CL but I go through the same thing and sometimes my post wont even go up at all

I think the server gets over loaded

Doesnt matter much any ways.its pretty hard to keep your post up considering they all get flagged lol

• Like 1

Guest S****r

It isn't the photo, Val, because one computer lets me upload the photo, and the other computer won't let me upload the very same photo. Perhaps drivers related to Windows xp?

Guest S*rca****sid

Have you tried contacting the admins to see if there is a problem? You could also try uploading the photos to a photo sharing site, then post the links in the craigslist add.