SWF to anything HTML5 compatible conversion tool

Yes, I was one of the idiots who converted a bunch of her video files to flash some years back, having been assured that was the future. Now I'm trying to rebuild my members area, and I seem to have lost the original avi files for some of my favourite videos. Which area of course in swf format.

I've found apps that will do a conversion, but they seem to mostly be recording off the screen. (The controls remain, but only as an inert image. Which is confusing!) If they do sound at all, it's the same sort of capture, and it's really, really awful.

Given more time (I'm now in the middle of a move), I could probably play around and come up with something decent. But in the meantime, am I doing this the hard way? Does anyone know of a tool that will actually convert my swfs back to avi or even mp4?

TIA! If for no other reason, I'd love to be able to have these videos as keepsakes. Throughout the 70s, 80s and 90s, I lost so many good pics and videos because, before digital, there was usually just one copy, and the client got that. If they were smart, they destroyed them before they fell into the wrong hands. If not, surviving spouses and kids probably threw them out, and I'll never see them again!