Moncton... check in please!!!!!

Guest D***urbe***1

So far no civilians have been hurt, can't say the same for the 3 mortally wounded officers and 2 wounded officers :(.

It's such bullshit though, there's this girl whom I had a massive crush on when I used to work at Zellers, a co-worker of mine told me that he recognized the shooter in the photo and said it was Justin Bourque who worked at Kent who was fired a while back according to him. And it's her brother. I can't even begin to imagine what that family is going through right now. I just hope they are safe!

I can't believe this has happened in our quiet little city. So senseless, so tragic. My heart goes out to the families of those RCMP officers killed and injured. This is scary people, the guy is still out there roaming around the city. Doors are locked, lights on and not planning on getting any sleep until this guy is taken down. Hopefully soon with no more losses of life or injuries.

• Like 3

I just heard that there was also a shooting at Angies last night...can anyone verify this? I am not sure if it apart of this shooting or if it is separate situation? What is going on in my little Moncton?

JUST found out, was not at the bar, it was behind the bar and not the same shooter.

I just heard that there was also a shooting at Angies last night...can anyone verify this? I am not sure if it apart of this shooting or if it is separate situation? What is going on in my little Moncton?

JUST found out, was not at the bar, it was behind the bar and not the same shooter.

I thought I read a news report that it was an unrelated incident.

• Like 2

What a tragic situation here. Simply no words. Things like this aren't supposed to happen here, so I think everyone (myself included) are pretty emotional.

I was supposed to travel again today to Saint John for family business, but for obvious reasons I'm staying put.

Waiting for a press conference that's starting soon.

• Like 4

The manhunt continues at this time with the city virtually shut down, schools, Goverment offices, bus service, mail service all suspended until further notice. Not much traffic movement in this section of the city at all. Almost like a snow day but without any snow. Hopefully this concludes soon. Sadly just learned that one of the officers killed yesterday has three children. So,so sad. Still hard to believe what is taking place here. Truly a frightening situation for all the citizens of Moncton.

• Like 3

The best way to describe what is happening, it so quiet, it is like having a major snowstorm without the weather. Nobody is moving out there. Thoughts and prayers out to the Codiac RCMP.

• Like 2

Guest t*x****

just checking in ...safe and sound ... hope everyone else is as well ....

me

As nightfall gets closer really hoping they apprehend this guy soon....for as stressful as this whole incident is it gets amped up even more so once darkness falls. Be smart and be safe everyone.

• Like 2

Guest D***urbe***1

I can't believe this is still going on. If people would stop tweeting, posting facebook updates and posting photos of the police operations and their locations than maybe he'd be caught by now. It makes me sick. They are fighting to protect us as citizens of this great friendly city and we aren't helping them at all in regards to their safety by doing this.

It's awful :(

I KNOW!!! LIKE REALLY DO NO Tweet!

I was shocked to see tweets of positions and all. Really??? You going to tweet " there is an RCMP dude behind a tree" ??

Then watching CTV, we were told they wont disclose the location of a surrounded building, but yet split screen showed the location!! WTF??? How is that?

I am no longer accepting phone calls from PPL I do not know on a regular basis until this is in it's conclusion.

• Like 3

Outside lights all on, doors locked, blinds closed....now we wait through another stressful/wakeful night....this has to end soon! Hopefully safely though.

• Like 1

this feels like a nightmare that does not want to end. I`m about 7KM from the lockdown zone and a little freaked out.

My condolences to the families and friend of the deceased Officers and to all my fellow Monctonian`s and our great service providers please stay safe.

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

This is great news. People of Moncton now take your lives back.We all feel for the loss of your police detachment members.