The Redblacks

I managed to get out for to see the Redblacks and the Fury this weekend. The atmosphere was fantastic at both games, fans were enthusiastic and vocal. Hope the Fury can pulled the championship on the road next weekend, and already have my ticket for the Eastern final...can't wait!!!

• Like 1

Guest ****emb******n

Congrats to the Red Blacks they won today and going to the Grey Cup! I'm Happy for them and the city of Ottawa. What a difference a year makes, from the last to first.

As the Ottawa REDBLACKS get set to play their last regular season game I thought that I would revive this thread from a year ago. My Al's are out of the playoffs so my sentimental favorite now has to be Ottawa. I do actually hate their new name and I think of the Roughriders and Russ Jackson and Ronnie Stewart and Landsdowne Park, but this team is making its own history now.

I especially love that the city is supporting the team and selling out for the second season in a row. I'm still waiting for a Maritime team to get into this league.

I too grew up a Ottawa Rough Rider fan cheering for Russ Jackson, Ronnie Stewart, Dave Thelen (I too was a full back when I played mnor football) Moe Racine etc. Good for the Red Blacks. Hope they meet Edmonton in the Grey Cup so I can raz a certain CERB Eskimo fan :)

I was at the game and the atmosphere was fantastic!!! A real nail biter in the end, but loads of fun. I'm really looking to watching the Grey Cup!

• Like 1

Grey Cup Day in Canada - the tradition continues. East vs West and this year I am excited to see Ottawa's new team representing me. They are going to be in tough against Edmonton however I do like their defense, and Henry Burris and experience counts for a lot.

Also, This IS the CFL. :) I hope that it is a great game.

• Like 1

Guest ****emb******n

Congrats to the Redblacks on a good year. They didn't win the Grey Cup, but it was a good game and have something to build on.

My daughter is taking me to a Redblacks game and I am waiting anxiously for June 1st when single game tickets go on sale. I'm seriously looking forward to football season. :)

• Like 2