I posted in the Canada Wide Warnings but since the other board is a Toronto board rhymes with CERB also thought to post here too

My post in this thread

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=611476#post611476

A lady brought this to my attention (thank you btw)

On a Toronto based _ERB review board, there is a member who has a similar handle/profile to mine (RG from Smalltown Ontario)

This person is not me!!!

Whether the profile is coincidence or not I do not know for fact

If you also use this other board, and are contacted by this individual on that board, just a heads up, this person is not me

The only board I use is CERB

If any ladies are contacted by RG and unsure if they were contacted by that RG or me, please feel free to PM me here on CERB, just to be sure.

And again, I only use CERB, so if from the other board, it's not me

A rambling I wish I didn't have to make

RG (the real RG)

• Like 6

You can relax, roamingguy on Toronto ERB

Join Date 01-31-2010

Last Activity 01-31-2010 12:42 PM

Blog Entries 0

Looks like he joined the TO board before you joined CERB

Not sure you are talking about the same RG?

Here is a search I found -

RG

Town Council Douchebag

Sep 2013

Smalltown, Ontario, but I do travel

A little investigation showed that his former handle was "Sugarman" and he just changed to RG probably a month or so ago.

• Like 5

Smalltown, Ontario, but I do travel

That part is quite a coincidence.

It's a serious matter though, I have had ladies I have not met before not even bother to check me out based on recognizing my handle here or treat me different than a stranger in other potentially dangerous ways (if it wasn't really harmless me) and then when someone did intentionally impersonate me it was very disturbing.

• Like 1

That part is quite a coincidence.

It's a serious matter though, I have had ladies I have not met before not even bother to check me out based on recognizing my handle here or treat me different than a stranger in other potentially dangerous ways (if it wasn't really harmless me) and then when someone did intentionally impersonate me it was very disturbing.

That's the real concern. A lady may be contacted by this character, and the lady thinks that guy is me. The guy could turn out to be a bad date, maybe worse than just a bad date. And she wouldn't have booked with him except she thought he was me.

This is something that could potentially have very serious consequences

And after seeing the profile it's clear it was my profile copied, it's not a coincidence.

Anyhow, a rambling

RG

• Like 1

This is something that could potentially have very serious consequences And after seeing the profile it's clear it was my profile copied, it's not a coincidence.

I accept your assessment RG, if you don't think it is a coincidence then I don't either.

I once found myself unexpectedly available (cancelled evening meeting) so I contacted a lady I had never met, as those I knew were unavailable, who was nearby and she arrived within minutes. She entered my hotel room and I turned away for just a few seconds, when I turned around she was totally nude and her clothes were at the opposite end of the room. While I was very pleasantly shocked I scolded her and asked "What if I was a bad guy?" and of course she knew from my reputation (never having met me) that "I wasn't a bad guy" was her response.

I saw the name several weeks ago, and it can't be any coincidence, I think it is mostly being done in a mocking fashion, as in his posts he sometimes talks about he should do his normal of rambling on about nothing.

Anyways, doesn't appear to be malice in any way, but maybe a bit comical, which seems to be the intent. I actually have had a number of chuckles out of his posts.

I posted in the Canada Wide Warnings but since the other board is a Toronto board rhymes with CERB also thought to post here too

My post in this thread

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=611476#post611476

A lady brought this to my attention (thank you btw)

On a Toronto based _ERB review board, there is a member who has a similar handle/profile to mine (RG from Smalltown Ontario)

This person is not me!!!

Whether the profile is coincidence or not I do not know for fact

If you also use this other board, and are contacted by this individual on that board, just a heads up, this person is not me

The only board I use is CERB

If any ladies are contacted by RG and unsure if they were contacted by that RG or me, please feel free to PM me here on CERB, just to be sure.

And again, I only use CERB, so if from the other board, it's not me

A rambling I wish I didn't have to make

RG (the real RG)

Guest S****r

It is good that you gave everyone a heads up, though. Who knows what might develop.

I think you're wayyyyy overreacting.

Town Council Douchebag

Don't you think people will see this and know that it's a goof? Do you think they'll ONLY see small town will travel and automatically assume it's you because the username on T.O ERB has the initials of your username here on CERB? I seriously doubt it.

Not to mention his posts on T.O. ERB clearly have a different tone than you're posts on CERB. For someone to assume it's you what they will have to do is ignore the douchebag comment, not read any posts on either site and assume it's you solely on the fact that in the profile it says small town but will travel and the username on T.O. ERB is the initials of your username here on CERB. THAT is a bit of a stretch, IMO.

This, clearly, is NOT a devious attempt of someone trying to disguise themselves as you.

It's Canada Day dude, have a beer, relax.

Actually he has every right to feel how he does, some women don't screen or read mens posts on boards, they see a handle that looks familiar and they book them. This other RG sounds like a real prize and any woman who has the misfortune of spending time with him - I feel for. Not like other RG could not have picked another handle - sounds a bit off to me and we should keep our eyes on him.

• Like 6

Emily, you're only feeding his paranoia. Again, this is a stretch to try and make a silly joke into some sort of devious scam.

I'm with Emily on this one. RoammingGuy is one of the most prominent, famous and respected CERB members. I haven't met a CERB lady that wouldn't know immediately who I was referring to if I mentioned him.

Rightly or wrongly it takes the ladies a lot of time and effort to check references and many would jump at the chance to meet and spend time such a respectful gentleman.

The attempt to impersonate me almost worked and was really sinister (the perpetrator already had a bad reputation to the point he had no choice but to try to impersonate someone).

• Like 3

Emily, you're only feeding his paranoia. Again, this is a stretch to try and make a silly joke into some sort of devious scam.

What you're suggesting is an SP, who knows nothing about RoamingGuy on CERB, has never read any of his posts on CERB then goes to T.O. ERB, sees a username RG which happen to be the initials of a guy on CERB (who she knows nothing about), doesn't read any of his posts on T.O. ERB but because the usernames are "similar???", books him and assumes the two people are the same? Knowing nothing about either?

I am not paranoid in any way shape or form, nor is Emily feeding my paranoia (which I don't have) I am concerned that a lady may book with this "RG" assuming he is me but he could be a bad date, or worse. Hence why I posted this in the warnings section. It isn't the first time someone has tried to pass themselves off as another guy, nor will it be the last

The lady who told me thought it was worth warning me about. And a couple other people thought I should be concerned too. I'd rather err on the side of safety, and let the ladies know someone has copied my profile.

That isn't paranoia, that is being and showing concern.

Most get it, surprised you don't

RG

• Like 8

RoamingGuy is a pathetic mother fucker!

So much for the thought that if you can't say something good don't say anything.

• Like 1

Thanks for support everyone, well almost everyone but I certainly think a reasonable guess can be made on who the other RG is now.

But as for that other poster's posts

8e28d158-7daa-446b-b738-67d29898dc06.gif.pagespeed.ce.w7EfHdjGMv.gif

The real RG :-)

• Like 8