HD tv antenna

Ok, i am looking to cut the cord with my current cable provider for both tv and internet.

I am looking at different isps for wireless internet.

Someone suggested an hd tv Antenna to use with my existing lcd tv ( not a smart tv ).

How many stations can i reasonably expect to get? I watch AMC a lot ( hd station 482 ).

Another option i am exploring is netflix but i am not sure how long i would have to wait before i watch the latest episode of the walking dead.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I am going to suggest that you set your self up with a Video streaming box for movies and tv shows on your computer etc through your internet connection. It is freeware called XBMC and it works well and the best part it is free. I stream a lot of movies now this way .XBMC stands for X Box Media Centre You could also buy a G Box from a retailer which uses the same software. You can watch a lot of cable shows a few days after they have been shown like The Walking Dead and Game Of Thrones. Just Google XBMC and it will direct you to the proper forum where you will find the free software. After you have installed the XBMC software Google XBMC Media Hub which will give you all the proper plug ins.

Guest S*rca****sid

Get a good internet provider that will provide cheap unlimited service. I'm with a provider that gives me a cap of 300GB for less than half of what Bell or Rogers charges. I have yet to hit my limit. I have netflix and I find it pretty good. You won't be able to watch the latest episodes for Walking Dead, but it's great if you want to watch shows without commercials.

I also download all the latest shows, they are usually posted within minutes of being broadcast, so for example, if I want to watch the last episode of The Walking Dead, I have to wait until 10:00pm to download it. That being said, some times it will take longer to download because everyone else is trying to download. Or I can wait until the next day and take the 5 to 10 min to download the episode. But this may not be for everyone as it does take a bit of know how to configure your browser to download, but once you set up, you don't have to worry about it.

I wouldn't even consider an HD antenna as that is only for local programming. I prefer the specialty shows which can easily be found online.

Depending on your location a HD antenna should get a few local stations such as CBC and CTV. Good for local news etc.

I did what you are looking at about 8 months ago, just in time for the Olympics. It was amazing the quality of the signal , better than cable or satellite. I also have a HD Homerun PVR that records onto my server, and can supposedly be integrated into xbmc(I haven't' yet). Get Netflix, and get yourself a redirector such as unblockus, or unotelly, and you get the US Netflix with 4x the content