Forgot password...

I a trying to help a new member out here, Brooklyn Styles. She forgot her password, when we get the "ooops invalid password page" there is no link for forgot password to send to her email. All we saw was

" point to the picture of tiger" when we do, it brings us to the "register" page, and no place to send password. She cant log in to ask mod. I found the spot to "retrieve password" and put in her email, but still is bringing us to the register page??? No link sent to her email either!

what do we do?I have tried everything I know...

PM Mod telling the situation and provide him with Brooklyn's email address. He likely can send a password reset to her email address

RG

• Like 1

PM Mod telling the situation and provide him with Brooklyn's email address. He likely can send a password reset to her email address

RG

Mod is like the all knowing, nebulous, mystical, benevolent, and sometimes apparently vengeful God. :) :) When in doubt, it's Mod.

• Like 1

PM the mod and provide him with the email address she used to create her cerb account so he can be assured it's really her who wishes to regain access and he'll do his magic from there.

• Like 1

Problem is no one reads anymore. they read 2 words in a sentence then click something. When you enter the wrong password it says click here if you lost your password. "Here" takes you to the password recovery page

Here is the URL: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/login.php?do=lostpw

I did click here and put in the email, but no email came. I even tried with my own account and same result.

I just did it again, and still never got email, on my own account. I also just checked CP to make sure my account had my email account that I use for work, and that is set to my correct email.

I did click here and put in the email, but no email came. I even tried with my own account and same result.

I just did it again, and still never got email, on my own account. I also just checked CP to make sure my account had my email account that I use for work, and that is set to my correct email.

Are you using Hotmail/outlook? I am not receiving any of my notifications using Hotmail. Could be linked. Quite a while ago there was a problem with Hotmail blocking all CERRB notifications thinking it was Spam. Not sure what mod did at the time but it got fixed. A few months later I lost my notifications again. Hasn't worked since.

This is the thread I am referring to about notification problems: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=174635

Maybe it has to do with you not receiving a password recovery e-mail?

• Like 1

Are you using Hotmail/outlook? I am not receiving any of my notifications using Hotmail. Could be linked. Quite a while ago there was a problem with Hotmail blocking all CERRB notifications thinking it was Spam. Not sure what mod did at the time but it got fixed. A few months later I lost my notifications again. Hasn't worked since.

This is the thread I am referring to about notification problems: http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=174635

Maybe it has to do with you not receiving a password recovery e-mail?

No I have gmail so does she. I am clicking "here",

I do get my notifications of all my threads, and she even got a ""welcome to cerb in her email that first day she made her account, but never got in again since then because forgot her password and now the retrieve is not sending her the password.

I know I sound like a moron, but really I am rather good at working this site. That is why I thought I could help her, but now is happening to me too.

This is the page I am getting after "here" and doing the email....nothing. so that is all I know. Can some one else try it? See if you have the same problem?

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/login.php?do=lostpw

Additional Comments:

Apparently the problem must be that she has to be forgetting the original email she used for setting up her account.

That is also my reason, as when I set my account up many years ago, I used an email that I no longer use. However, I did edit my email to the one I use now, so all my threads notifications go there, but not my password link.

This is the only reason I can think of.

So I suppose she wont be able to use her profile here, as we tried every email she could think of. I am glad I will never forget my password, lol...

She can make a NEW account with a NEW email (Not hotmail/live/outlook and sometimes yahoo as well) gmail seams to work still. and then PM me with a link to the old account profile or post made from that account and I can merge the old account into the new.

• Like 1

She can make a NEW account with a NEW email (Not hotmail/live/outlook and sometimes yahoo as well) gmail seams to work still. and then PM me with a link to the old account profile or post made from that account and I can merge the old account into the new.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! We will work on that today, and will PM you as soon as we do it:) I am so happy that we can sort this out, she is a super nice lady that will bring more color to our community!