ok u book a lady...some want a down payment some want your personal contact info.If u don't show u lose your money.or u can a nasty e mail(well deserved) and the lady wont see you again or take u serious.......SO why is "ok" when a lady does it?????.....im not talking he/she called and canceled.....str8 no show :)

well, how long has it been since the appointment was supposed to be? If its a few hours, you shouldn't panic right away. Perhaps there's a reasonable explanation. At least give her the benefit of the doubt... my two cents.

Not long ago, I accidently stood up one of my VIP clients. Now thankfully he knew that I operate a smooth operation, lol...but on this day....

Everything that could have gone wrong did! I was running errands, and blew a tire, and of course my cell phone was dead! Ohhhh boy, it was stressful! so by the time I got a tow truck, well...I stood him up. I immediately sent a PM and explained. However, without the final confirmation, he took a chance to come over anyways...well no answer at my door of course. So he learned a valuable lesson, that if there is no final confirmation, do not arrive at the location. There are times unforeseen things can happen. Most experienced providers will ask you to voice call about 30 min before your arrival.....just in case my dog runs away, or house has a fire, lol...

But also consider, if you prebooked like 2 weeks ago, it is good to check in again the day before.

Also for deposits, make sure this lady has a good reputation first. That she has invested her time and energy into her business, not a fly by night type. For myself, in the case of a no show, I will only ask you for compensation on your next booking. If properly canceled with at least one hour notice, then no extra fee applies.

ok u book a lady...some want a down payment some want your personal contact info.If u don't show u lose your money.or u can a nasty e mail(well deserved) and the lady wont see you again or take u serious.......SO why is "ok" when a lady does it?????.....im not talking he/she called and canceled.....str8 no show :)

Cancellation and no shows are never ok by either the provider or hobbyist. If there was a final confirmation was done, and then she no showed, this is unfortunate. Sorry if this happened.

However, I have a concern with your comments about deposits and information. Any REPUTABLE provider would never keep a deposit if she has to cancel. She stands to loose more by doing this. Because you had a bad experience, please do not tar every provider with the same brush.

Many of us strive to maintain a reputation of integrity. I once had a client who transfered the entire fee. Shortly after, I had to cancel for reasons out of my control. I immediately refunded the money back. We eventually did get to meet and had a wonderful time together.

If your encounter was with someone who has no reputation, then maybe you need to explore those that strive to maintain a stellar reputation.

I certainly hope this is not an attempt to air dirty laundry.

Sometimes things happen, and hope she was able to make this up to you.

• Like 9

Cancellation and no shows are never ok by either the provider or hobbyist. If there was a final confirmation was done, and then she no showed, this is unfortunate. Sorry if this happened.

However, I have a concern with your comments about deposits and information. Any REPUTABLE provider would never keep a deposit if she has to cancel. She stands to loose more by doing this. Because you had a bad experience, please do not tar every provider with the same brush.

Many of us strive to maintain a reputation of integrity. I once had a client who transfered the entire fee. Shortly after, I had to cancel for reasons out of my control. I immediately refunded the money back. We eventually did get to meet and had a wonderful time together.

If your encounter was with someone who has no reputation, then maybe you need to explore those that strive to maintain a stellar reputation.

I certainly hope this is not an attempt to air dirty laundry.

Sometimes things happen, and hope she was able to make this up to you.

\

im not saying every provider....if you have a good rep clearly im not referring to you.Would it be better to name names?....lol...

• Like 1

I'm really sorry you had to go through this Hfxguy, no one lady or gentleman deserves to taken from. Ugg.

I would agree with Sophia and say while I am ultra reliable, outside and uncontrollable issues can arise causing difficulties and lateness.

However if this were to happen any person should strive to make things right as soon as humanly possible. In your case this does not seem to be happening and again so sorry this happened.

Indeed we are not one brush or canvass so everyone needs to be careful.

• Like 1

In this day and age a text from eather party should solve the problem. My job has caused me to cancel at the last minute and some contact as soon as possible is as fair as possible. Applying to both parties of course

I'm not sure if you are saying that you prepay an appointment or a deposit for an appt, and the sp doesn't show up, or if you are just talking about a prebooked appt and the lady doesn't show up.

In the first case, then all means and methods you approach the sp and between the two of you, privately figure out a way to resolve the issue. if it does not get resolved, ask if the info can be provided in the warnings section. meghan has good advice there: never give a down payment to an sp with no reputation.

In the 2nd case, if an sp doesn't show up and you haven't spent any money ahead of time, there is no real reason to expect any sort of discount, deal or refund. This is because as the paying customer, her not showing up doesn't actually cost you any money, in fact you get to keep all your money, and didn't waste it on someone who doesn't show up, explain, or try to resolve this with you for a later appt.

Sophia has good advice: sometimes stuff happens, and it is completely out of the sp's control. A reputable sp will contact you (if it is possible, because she won't just phone you, she would email or pm you), and apologize, explain, and while she isn't obliged to offer incentive, she might regardless. Not to be expected of course, and definitely not to be demanded.

Real examples of stuff happens: phone dies, phone drops into the sink, phone is stolen by previous customer along with any $$ she had, previous client runs overtime and she can't diplomatically find a way to get him to leave, sp gets evicted from her hotel without warning due to the nature of her business there.

i assure you, in many of these cases a good sp may want to have been able to contact you, but is obviously unable to do that in time.

Not exactly clear about what you are asking so I'll cover off some points.

If you give a lady a deposit, and then you don't show or comply with her cancellation policy, then you should not expect a refund.

If you give a lady a deposit, and then she does not show or has to cancel the appointment, she should either offer to make it up to you for another time, and if it's not possible, refund you the money. If she no shows and does not have the courtesy to contact you to correct the situation you could post in the warnings section since you have been a member for awhile, but best to run it past mod first.

Most ladies I know who require deposits are travelling ladies who depend on a certain amount of bookings to make visiting a certain city worthwhile. Others may require deposits or pre-payment for other reasons (special requests, client cancelled before with short notice, etc.)

If you don't give a lady a deposit, and she cancels for whatever reason, she is under no obligation to give you any kind of compensation. She has the right to cancel. If it's literally last minute that she bails, or for some reason she is unreachable and kept client waiting etc., most reputable ladies will offer to make it up to the client in some way (e.g. discount, extra time, whatever) on a future visit.

I once had to turn a client away who was 3 minutes away because my dishwasher at the time was old and started to flood because the drain thingy had something stuck in it.

Then there are the scams where they want you send them a deposit to verify you're over 18 or not a cop or some nonsense like that.

Bottom line though is, never send a deposit to a lady who has not established herself as being reputable.

And in answer to your question, this is not the place to name names.

• Like 2

Every provider has different policies, and with my policies, if I have a deposit or pre-pay and I cannot show for some reason, a full refund goes to the client.

If an appointment is pre-paid and the client doesn't show, and there is no notice whatsoever, he therefore forfeits the payment.

Circumstances do come up either way. Clients spouse/family member suddenly drops in at the worst possible moment, has car trouble, can't get out of a meeting in time to make it, there are lots of reasons.

Providers have outside influences also, a client that went overtime and I can't find a gracious way to ask him to leave (in this case I've gone to the ladies room and texted I am going to be late would you like to reschedule or cancel, hence the importance of a contact number), car trouble, a host of problems.

We providers tend to look at all the problems that may arise, and find a way around them.

I would never just not show up for someone without a damn good excuse as to why.

We providers do receive a lot of no shows, its part of this business, and we have to accept it.

If the lady in question did take a prepayment, or deposit, from you, then you are entitled (in my opinion) to compensation for the no show.

if it was just a pre-booking, then neither of you are obligated to the other for anything, except perhaps her reputation.

If it was just a few hours of her not showing up, give her the benefit of the doubt. Contact her to find out if she is ok, and if you can reschedule, then you may find out what happened.

• Like 2

And one more thought, if she was a NCNS and you don't hear from her AND you paid a deposit that you have no way to get back, you have the "scam and B&S" section for posting details.

If it is a case of something happened, I hope it all works out for you.

I do understand his frustration. It is a respect thing. There needs to be some recognition that our time is valuable too, even if we are not the one being paid by the hour at this particular point in time. I allow myself very limited (and much needed) play time, and there is always an opportunity cost. I could be working on my business. I could be doing many other things that have value to me.

I'm not saying that he deserves a discount or compensation. I would simply hope for the respect of a text or an email apologising and/or explaining.

I also understand that no shows are an even bigger issue for the sp's. I can only imagine the frustration of putting aside your time, preparing yourself, etc., just to have the hobbyist not show up. Especially if they turned down other bookings for the time.

Life gets in the way for everyone. The courtesy of a "heads up" is the least we can do from both sides. It's about respect.

• Like 7

Guest D***el B***e
Not long ago, I accidently stood up one of my VIP clients. Now thankfully he knew that I operate a smooth operation, lol...but on this day....

Everything that could have gone wrong did! I was running errands, and blew a tire, and of course my cell phone was dead! Ohhhh boy, it was stressful! so by the time I got a tow truck, well...I stood him up. I immediately sent a PM and explained. However, without the final confirmation, he took a chance to come over anyways...well no answer at my door of course. So he learned a valuable lesson, that if there is no final confirmation, do not arrive at the location. There are times unforeseen things can happen. Most experienced providers will ask you to voice call about 30 min before your arrival.....just in case my dog runs away, or house has a fire, lol...

But also consider, if you prebooked like 2 weeks ago, it is good to check in again the day before.

Also for deposits, make sure this lady has a good reputation first. That she has invested her time and energy into her business, not a fly by night type. For myself, in the case of a no show, I will only ask you for compensation on your next booking. If properly canceled with at least one hour notice, then no extra fee applies.

Oh man, your reply really ticked me off. Why do I get the feeling that although you agree you stood him up, you still find a way to blame him for not doing a final confirmation. As if it's his fault that you stood him up. You even have the audacity to say that he learned a valuable lesson. Oh please! Let's call a spade a spade. Oh sure you give examples of what OTHER providers do, but really, in YOUR case when is a confirmation a final confirmation? Is it the day before, two hours before, an hour before, 5 minutes before, just before I ring the doorbell. If I call/text/email you the day before and I don't hear from you, I guess our date is off for tomorrow! I'm really peeved at your answer!

Oh man, your reply really ticked me off. Why do I get the feeling that although you agree you stood him up, you still find a way to blame him for not doing a final confirmation. As if it's his fault that you stood him up. You even have the audacity to say that he learned a valuable lesson. Oh please! Let's call a spade a spade. Oh sure you give examples of what OTHER providers do, but really, in YOUR case when is a confirmation a final confirmation? Is it the day before, two hours before, an hour before, 5 minutes before, just before I ring the doorbell. If I call/text/email you the day before and I don't hear from you, I guess our date is off for tomorrow! I'm really peeved at your answer!

What??? My booking protocols always has been one hour ( or 30 min )before arriving to call to make sure nothing has gone wrong. Getting a blown out tire is not something I could control, as well as my phone going dead while waiting for my tow truck. I didn't BLAM him for anything, and HE certainly agrees that the one hour confirmation is wise as this case in point shows! YES when a person books 1-2 weeks in advanced, I also like to touch base again before the day, especially if traveling. That way he knows he still going to be in the clear and that nothing went wrong in my travels.

He did not have to pay a deposit, so that is not a concern. But if he had, then I would send him his deposit back!

Plus I sent him a PM as soon as I got home. He was concerned for me, and was worried as he knew I never normally do that. He was happy that I never got hurt or in accident.

Frankly, I feel you have no need to put me down the way you have in your post. I think your anger is misplaced.

As for your outrageous break down of my confirmation methods, my dentist, hair salon, eye doctors and all other professional business will confirm with me the day before when the appointment has been made weeks in advanced...hmmmm, seems like a good idea! Lots can change in 2 weeks or a months time.

Just an added thought: without his final confirmation being answered, and taking the chance to just arrive, who knows what he is walking into? There could have been an ambulance call, or I had to make a call to police ...or anything. Would you want to arrive into a situation like that?

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 2

Just an added thought: without his final confirmation being answered, and taking the chance to just arrive, who knows what he is walking into? There could have been an ambulance call, or I had to make a call to police ...or anything. Would you want to arrive into a situation like that?

That's an interesting point. I definitely agree it makes sense to generally confirm ahead of time, and from my experience that seems to be pretty common (and I tend to be someone who arranges things at least a week in advance, so a follow-up confirmation a little before makes sense).

Luckily it's never happened to me, but I have to admit if I sent the confirmation text as requested and didn't get one back, I'd probably still try my luck and show up (assuming I'd already been given the address of course). As you say, I'd do so knowing it's possible there may be no answer, but I guess I'd figure the most likely reason for not hearing back was that the lady's phone had simply died. Seems like a pity for everything to go down the drain due to a dead battery.

But now you have me thinking maybe I'm wrong, and should assume that no text back means everything is off for some reason or another (which hopefully would get cleared up afterwards).

• Like 1

That's an interesting point. I definitely agree it makes sense to generally confirm ahead of time, and from my experience that seems to be pretty common (and I tend to be someone who arranges things at least a week in advance, so a follow-up confirmation a little before makes sense).

Luckily it's never happened to me, but I have to admit if I sent the confirmation text as requested and didn't get one back, I'd probably still try my luck and show up (assuming I'd already been given the address of course). As you say, I'd do so knowing it's possible there may be no answer, but I guess I'd figure the most likely reason for not hearing back was that the lady's phone had simply died. Seems like a pity for everything to go down the drain due to a dead battery.

But now you have me thinking maybe I'm wrong, and should assume that no text back means everything is off for some reason or another (which hopefully would get cleared up afterwards).

Exactly!!!

Case in point for me was a weird occasion,

I am very diligent on my phone charging etc....BUT....there are times like this where it was out my control . On an ordinary day if my battery failed me would only be a few min difference I would have txt you saying " oopsy call back"

But if You call to confirm, and still no answer in about 20 min from that time, best not to just show up as you may not know what you are walking into.

Like the scenarios I gave as examples:( In that case best to wait till she reaches you again with an explanation.

Now that provider, if she is professional will have had contacted you VIA PM or whatever with an explanation.

• Like 1