Does the sent forgotton password work?

I have forgotten my password I set a year ago. Now I thought of may be changing my password but for that I need to enter my present password. After clicking on User CP and then Edit Username and Password, when I type a wrong password, then I am taken to another interface which asks me "if you have forgotten your password click here. So I click on here and then it asks me for my email address and I enter my email address. Followed by a message that my username and password has been sent to me at the given email address. So far so good but my problem is that I have tried this many times but I have never received anything in my email. My question .... Does it work for you?. Thanks in advance.

Never ran into a password problem.

First quick question, when you enrolled on CERB did you use a different email than the one you use now

Second if the same email, is CERB's email being blocked or put in your spam folder in your email and not in your in box

But what I would suggest if that isn't the problem, then if the reset password isn't working for you, contact Mod, he may be able to assist you.

Good Luck

RG

• Like 1

Guest S*rca****sid
I have forgotten my password I set a year ago. Now I thought of may be changing my password but for that I need to enter my present password. After clicking on User CP and then Edit Username and Password, when I type a wrong password, then I am taken to another interface which asks me "if you have forgotten your password click here. So I click on here and then it asks me for my email address and I enter my email address. Followed by a message that my username and password has been sent to me at the given email address. So far so good but my problem is that I have tried this many times but I have never received anything in my email. My question .... Does it work for you?. Thanks in advance.

How are you logging in if you forgot your password?

The bookmark I use was saved after I'd logged in and it takes me directly to the main page without having to log in every time. I can't remember if I had set it to remember my password.

• Like 2

The bookmark I use was saved after I'd logged in and it takes me directly to the main page without having to log in every time. I can't remember if I had set it to remember my password.

Yes same for me. I don't have to login since I registered last year so that is how I can login without remembering my password.

Never ran into a password problem.

First quick question, when you enrolled on CERB did you use a different email than the one you use now

Second if the same email, is CERB's email being blocked or put in your spam folder in your email and not in your in box

But what I would suggest if that isn't the problem, then if the reset password isn't working for you, contact Mod, he may be able to assist you.

Good Luck

RG

Yes it is the same email that I registered with but even this shouldn't matter as it asks for my email address where I would like my username and password to be sent. And no I checked the junk and nothing is there.

Thanks you gentlemen for your posts. Appreciated.

Guest S*rca****sid

If your browser saved your password, then go into the password manager and find it.

I have no idea where that password manager on my browser is or how to find my particular password for cerb set last year but thank you. If I am accidently logged out sometimes in future then I have to contact the site moderators as I won't be able to login.

I have no idea where that password manager on my browser is or how to find my particular password for cerb set last year but thank you. If I am accidently logged out sometimes in future then I have to contact the site moderators as I won't be able to login.

Password Manager may also be called Credential Manager

You should be able to access it through your Control Panel-User Accounts & Family Safety-Credential Manager

Good Luck

RG

Guest S*rca****sid

Which browser are you using?

Options 1 and 3 are for Windows 8 only (I have Windows 7) so option 2 is my only option which I think is for deleting passwords only. In addition when I click I don't have the manage password button shown for option 2 when I click on settings on content tab.

Guest S*rca****sid
Options 1 and 3 are for Windows 8 only (I have Windows 7) so option 2 is my only option which I think is for deleting passwords only. In addition when I click I don't have the manage password button shown for option 2 when I click on settings on content tab.

You should still be able to go into Credential Manager and view your passwords.

I had the same issue!! Here is a link to what took place.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=195001

• Like 1

Thanks Lady Sophia for the link. It appears that the issue of cerb not sending the username/password was not resolved to the end. The final suggestion was that the user registers with a new user name and then PM moderators with a link to her old account profile or post. But I don't want a new user name. I like my user name it as is, so this may not be the best solution for me. I can use cerb for as long as it remembers my password (automatic login) and after that.... well I cross the bridge when I come to it. Thanks again.

Thanks Lady Sophia for the link. It appears that the issue of cerb not sending the username/password was not resolved to the end. The final suggestion was that the user registers with a new user name and then PM moderators with a link to her old account profile or post. But I don't want a new user name. I like my user name it as is, so this may not be the best solution for me. I can use cerb for as long as it remembers my password (automatic login) and after that.... well I cross the bridge when I come to it. Thanks again.

Yes I feel it is a glitch too, as I did try again with my original email that I used in my beginning days here and still didn't work. Perhaps PM MOD and attach these 2 threads to your PM? If you need to have a new profile, ask them to merg it and just add an extra character like..02...or ONT...or whatever suits you? And Then never forget your password, lol..till this issue is resolved? I dunno, best of luck!

• Like 1

Ran into this problem myself guys ! But I'm hoping it gets worked out as I'm not very tech savvy and I'm very. Very new to this board. I contacted mod, which was the very first thing I did when I found myself back here, determined to figure out how to get on here. I myself had a forgotten password from a long time ago I couldn't remember. It's a pretty complex scenario but basically I had issues with my email and the password at once. so I wasn't able to get back on the site until now. Every problem is different however and I suggest you contact mod and explain the problem at hand. They are the ones who run the board after all and would probably be the best bet for a quick fix !

Guest S*rca****sid

If you still can't find or figure out your password, here is a video tutorial that will help:

Thanks so much fStop for the help posts. This is a great trick in many cases but it doesn't apply to me as for me to be able to get my password I should have my password typed as dots already (.............) whereas in my case cerb automatically logs me in so I am already here when I click on cerb. If I logout then I am sure that cerb would ask me to type my password in an EMPTY textbox (not an already typed dotted password textbox with my password) and I don't want to logout either as it is a certain risk that I may not be able to login back.

• Like 1

Yes I feel it is a glitch too, as I did try again with my original email that I used in my beginning days here and still didn't work. Perhaps PM MOD and attach these 2 threads to your PM? If you need to have a new profile, ask them to merg it and just add an extra character like..02...or ONT...or whatever suits you? And Then never forget your password, lol..till this issue is resolved? I dunno, best of luck!

Great advice. Once we changed to Lyla.com, I wasn't logged in by default so I couldn't logon to cerb as I had forgotten my password. I took your advice. I re-registered as ExtraTerrestrial (similar to my user name Extra Terrestrial but without the space between) and let the mod know about this. Mod merged my posts and PMs though I appear to have lost all the "thanks" I had received as Extra Terrestrial (not that it is important just saying).