Watching Videos With TOR

Has anyone ever come across the error message 'requested video is not available in your area/ country'? It seems to happen quite a bit, and is rather annoying which is why I chose to download TOR to get around that. Only problem is, the browser disables plug ins, so now I'm back to square one. Does anyone know how to watch a video using a TOR browser?

Guest S*rca****sid

The other problem with TOR is, it is routed through so many relays around the world. It will slow down your download rate and the videos will not be able to buffer properly with the rate at which it plays.

Your best bet is to subscribe to a VPN service. Depending on the service you choose, some will let you choose various servers around the world and the traffic is encrypted.

The one I use, will let me choose about 30 different servers.

Also, if you're using the Tor Browser Bundle, a lot of plugins are disabled by default - especially Flash. This is because a lot of plugins come with trackers that will destroy your anonymity, and anonymity is what Tor is all about. Convenience is secondary to that.

If you just want to circumvent geographical restrictions, as fStop said, a VPN or proxy service is your best bet.

The purpose of TOR is to hide your location in general, not make up a new one. Some systems trying to figure out where you are may just get confused and block you on that basis. Also, a system may be programmed to allow only users from the US for example and TOR can make you appear from anywhere. For example, you are Canada, but the system thinks you are from Brazil and is programmed to reject all non US traffic. In this hypothetical example, TOR will not help.

It is just the wrong tool for what you are trying. All the above suggestions are good, and I think finding a VPN ....... specific to this problem is best.