popups when on cerb

Guest *l**e

The last week or so, I have been encountering some weird popups, etc when on cerb. Is this because of the server issues?? anyone else having these troubles?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

You have malware in your computer. Download a good anti-virus or Trojan software to remove it.

Guest *l**e

see...this is the problem. not only did I do that, I went to a computer place and they did a 2 day virus scan/malware removal service for me. My laptop is clean clean clean. and, it is only when I'm on cerb.

normally I'd agree with you, but this is something else.

I know this isn't helpful but the only pop-up I get on cerb is my little head and it keeps popping up all the time!

Guest S*rca****sid

I don't get any pop-ups. Maybe take a screen shot to show what you are getting.

Guest *l**e

that's weird...I couldn't figure out how to do screen shots on my laptop, so I just cut and paste the url's to the popups and posted them, but that post subsequently disappeared.

One was to a workout buddy thing and the other "appeared" to be a cerb survey...weird

Guest S*rca****sid

Do you have the pop-up blocker enabled on your web browser? What browser are you using?

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Try clearing your cookies then or remove that version of FireFox and reinstalling.

Guest *l**e

That's a good idea...I've been thinking of switching to google chrome anyways...maybe now is the time.

Additional Comments:

mozilla out...chrome in...no more popups

Sounds like malware to me as well. If you have pop up blocking enabled, this suggests these are actually scripts originating outside of CERB. To check, I would install NoScript for Firefox, permit the domain cerb.ca to execute scripts in your browser, and see where the offending script originates. NoScript will block scripts originating from anywhere you have not granted explicit permission, and provide specific details of the source. A very useful tool, but does require a basic understanding of internet domain naming for general use.

In my experience, CERB does not use 3rd party links/scripts for content, so a script blocking tool should help your analysis. And remember, on a Windows system, anti-virus scanning is not enough, also run a good on demand anti-malware/spyware product. MalwareBytes has always worked well for me, but every situation is different.

Best of luck.