Words now in the CENSOR list and why...

Katherine, I'm sure you can spell "up set", but unfortunately the site won't let you spell "u...t"! I wonder if MOD might mod the list so that acronyms are only censored when, say, there is a space before or after?

• Like 1

You know... we will all adapt and by this time next year no one will even notice any .... dots cause we will iron out the laws and everyone will change to accommodate the laws. Unfortunlay the system does not have the ability to censor NEW posts and not OLD ones so right now all the old posts have been automatically censored. It sucks and yes I am being over-aggressive right now in the words and abbreviations just cause I want cerb to comply with the laws so we can keep the site alive without having to relocate the company it to another country..

• Like 6

The site is already outside of Canada

RG

No it is not. It is a .ca domain name, registered in Canada.

If you get the site registered in a foreign country and put the servers also in a foreign country (doesn't have to be the same country), then Canadian LE will have to go through Interpol to get any sort of evidence. But they will never get help from Interpol for something as normal as prostitution that is accepted and legal in the majority of the world.

But if the site stays in Canada, LE can do whatever they want and they can just lie about the reason to ask for a warrant (such as "we think there are underage girls on the site", which is usually perceived as serious enough to the judge who will have no choice than allow the warrant). It is a cost and benefit dilemma, and for me the costs outweigh the benefits if the site stays in Canada. You don't have to agree with me but I am seriously thinking about withdrawing my membership if the site stays in Canada (for the site will no longer be safe for us hobbyists).

If you get the site registered in a foreign country and put the servers also in a foreign country (doesn't have to be the same country), then Canadian LE will have to go through Interpol to get any sort of evidence. But they will never get help from Interpol for something as normal as prostitution that is accepted and legal in the majority of the world.

But if the site stays in Canada, LE can do whatever they want and they can just lie about the reason to ask for a warrant (such as "we think there are underage girls on the site", which is usually perceived as serious enough to the judge who will have no choice than allow the warrant). It is a cost and benefit dilemma, and for me the costs outweigh the benefits if the site stays in Canada. You don't have to agree with me but I am seriously thinking about withdrawing my membership if the site stays in Canada (for the site will no longer be safe for us hobbyists).

I have no idea where this site is hosted but I agree in principle to your suggestion that access to the data on the site would be more difficult for Law Enforcement if the site was hosted on servers outside of Canada.

That said however I would have to add that I consider my "safety" on this site or any site to be totally within my own control if I take care to respect the laws and not communicate about the purchase of sex then I should not be at any risk.

This does not mean I cannot continue to speak openly on this site or others about all the legal and fun times I have had with ladies who are in the business of selling companionship time to clients.

I am surprised to continue to hear about the idea of people selling sex...I was under the impression that our government had recently passed a law that made that practice illegal so of course it must have stopped... you know like the way Putin in Russia and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in Iran eliminated homosexuality by making it illegal.

Yep... I am so proud of our leader Stephen Harper for aligning himself with such stalwart defenders of human rights... makes me proud to be a Canadian. Now if you will excuse me for a minute i need to go vomit in disgust.

Just my Opinion

• Like 4

You may wish to read this post from Mod who most certainly would know that the server is not located in Canada

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=637416&postcount=16

It is the sentence beginning

"Also who told the government they have any right in policing the internet...."(read the line in brackets)

and

"Sorry but I can't see the government..." Read the line in brackets

RG

The site is switching back to lyla.com and is already hosted in another country.

I do agree, let's stay in the boundaries of the law and t keep this site alive. It is the best place to find safe heaven for the industry

• Like 2

Nobody wants to change something they are happy with and enjoy. I don't like it but would rather adapt to the changes than loose CERB, the site and its members have been very helpful since I joined. Many thanks to the mod for all the hard work maintaining and modifying the site.

Thanks a lot, Harper. Oh well, thank you mod (not sarcastically) for keeping CERB up and running. :icon_cool: