Pics in Ad Not Visable Help Please

the pictures show up as (1 x 1) pixels and I've been noticing this with an number of spa's ads over the past couple of months if not longer.

Today it happened for CMJ, and a number of the ALO locations.

I had mentioned this to ALO last week as I figure you ladies rarely view your own ads! lol

It is an inconsistent problem as some images load and others don't in the same ad. There is, no doubt. a solution but I sure don't know what it is!

I see the pictures in your ad just fine, are you still having issues? Keep in mind that mod has been moving things over to lyla.com so there will be glitches here and there as that happens.

This is a migration problem, using cerb.ca instead of lyla.com ... I think.

Be sure your URL / WEB ADDRESS now says www.lyla.com

I see we still have some bugs in the photo albums. I will do my best to correct this.

Mod: I noticed this long before the migration started so I think it is likely something occurring when the ladies load their pictures.

A lot people dont really understand calling images from remote lications. I often fis these problems. Stuff like httpwww.site.com ot http://http://www.site.com or http://www.site.com or even c:/users/name/pictures/ and gmail.com/hshhetgehjiios/images/embed/pic.jpg etc etc etc.....

Nothing to do with cerb just bad urls

The other issue is to egt the thumbnail in the preview it must be the first bbcode on the page, so if someone does bold then inserts the image the system will usually not make a thumbnail for the image.

• Like 3

I keep having this issue, even if I applied solutions given by some ladies - thanks again to them for trying to help me ;-) And I try to post a picture from one of my albums here, so it would be a Lyla's URL. It is frustrating to see that some people can post pictures in their ads, and others can't... I had this issue before all the changes, and I can't fix it, so I am giving up, unless you can give me a solution. It would be great!

It is also true for any post I publish, whatever the thread is: if I want to insert picture in a post, I can only insert the picture's link, but the picture itself will not show. But it bothers me less if it is a post in response to a thread.

And if someone can tell me how to add a quick comment in a post, you know, those quick comments near a ''Thank You'' below someone's post? Not a full reply post, that would be nice.

Thanks a bunch to anybody who can help me with this!

Thank you Phaedrus but this is what I do, and it does not work. And I am quite computer savvy, both on PC and Mac, so I am puzzled about this issue. But it seems that I am not the only one having this issue, so the problem might be somewhere else.

On pics: if they're in an album here and it's not set private or anything, that's odd. In general, when the pics are posted on another site then the hosting site may or may not ban hot-linking from other sites, and this can sometimes be a problem.

And if someone can tell me how to add a quick comment in a post, you know, those quick comments near a ''Thank You'' below someone's post? Not a full reply post, that would be nice.

Those are rep point comments. Use the postnotes_nomatte.gif button at the top of the post; this will give you a pop-up where you can enter a comment. It'll get truncated if it's too long. And be aware that you can't do this if you've already dished out reputation to too many other posts recently... which includes using the "Thank" and "Nominate" buttons.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaah! Thank you Phaedrus for this comment box function! I was, of course, focusing on the bottom of a post's window to search for options, so....

As for my pics, yes, they are from my albums here, made visible to all members. The link appears in the window (saying click to see image etc...) but the image does not show directly in the post.

I have figured out that photos won't hotlink from locations outside of Lyla, if they have a censored word in the url or filename. If the filename is "e-rotic-mary.jpg" or something like that with a banned word, it won't hotlink successfully. But that is not an issue if they are linked from Lyla albums because they are renamed when uploa-ded.

picture.php?albumid=9897&pictureid=66774

I'm just linking your sexy photo here Mia, to test it out. Seems to post here from your album just fine. I think you must be overlooking something. :( Are you right-clic-king the image and going down to "copy image address"? I know sometimes people copy the address from the address bar on top, and that won't work. It's a different address.

Try posting a photo in this thread the way you have been trying, even if it doesn't work, and I will see if I can tell what's going wrong and help.

• Like 3

AAAAAH! Sweet Emily J. I think you are my savior! No, I was not right clicking on the image because what I have read before was to go on the image in my album and copy the url address to paste it. Now I am going to try it myself ouh yeah thousands of kisses to you! :-)

picture.php?albumid=9897&pictureid=65948

And it WORKED! Hey, love you Emily!

• Like 1