Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/810236--toronto-woman-sues-rogers-after-her-affair-is-exposed?bn=1

Clearly this woman is an idiot. she chosed to have an affair on her husband. Rogers bundles everything when you have more then one account with them its what Rogers does to simplify billing and claiming to offer you a discount.

If this woman really wanted to keep her infedelity a secret she should have gotten a pay as you go phone.

and also she has nothing better to do to waste money on a court case suing Rogers, when she should be preparing for a possible divorce.

wow I would have to agree!

?I lost everything,? she says. ?I want others to know what a big corporation has done. I trusted Rogers with my personal information. We had a contract ? and agreement that put my life right in their hands.?

ummm.....I feel that the husband may be saying something similar...but to her perhaps?? lol. Pay as you go phone would have def saved her from losing everything...and judging by her income, its not like she couldnt afford one.

Just heard this woman on the radio. Although she definately falls into the 'dumb ass' category - I think legally she may have a case. Assuming she had an original contract with Rogers it would have been between them and her. To change that account including merging it with other household accounts they would need her permission. She says she got caught in an affair and lost her job because of this. We can all judge that as just being stupid but she does make the point that had Rogers not done what they did none of those events would have happened. Would be fun to be her lawyer on this.

Just heard this woman on the radio. Although she definitely falls into the 'dumb ass' category - I think legally she may have a case. Assuming she had an original contract with Rogers it would have been between them and her. To change that account including merging it with other household accounts they would need her permission. She says she got caught in an affair and lost her job because of this. We can all judge that as just being stupid but she does make the point that had Rogers not done what they did none of those events would have happened. Would be fun to be her lawyer on this.

I am pretty sure that Rogers has this one covered. I just did a "transfer responsibilities" process with Rogers this weekend - moving one of the cell phones I was paying for to another account, in another person's name. Rogers makes sure that all parties are amenable... and go through a series of checks to protect themselves. I am certain they have had this process in place for a number of years; I remember doing it a while back when I was going through my own divorce.

I will agree with you on one key point... she certainly is a dumb ass.

I actually agree with her that her account should have remained private. The affair stuff is nonsense, but that doesn't change the fact that an account is private and the information should not be divulged to anyone except the person whose name is on the account. That includes spouses. Many women in abusive situations rely on this for their safety!

uh.. did you all read this part?

"After she terminated her relationship with the “third party” in August 2007, the jilted lover, himself a married father of three, called Rogers and obtained her secret password to her voicemail and used it to access it to harass her and taunt the husband, the statement of claim alleges.""

If that's true they're in trouble on a whole other issue.

I just read it ..

But who the lawyer took the case ,

She's not the sharps tools in the shed .

I want to follow this one .. see where the case leads too!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crime/article/810236--toronto-woman-sues-rogers-after-her-affair-is-exposed?bn=1

Clearly this woman is an idiot. she chosed to have an affair on her husband. Rogers bundles everything when you have more then one account with them its what Rogers does to simplify billing and claiming to offer you a discount.

If this woman really wanted to keep her infidelity a secret she should have gotten a pay as you go phone.

and also she has nothing better to do to waste money on a court case suing Rogers, when she should be preparing for a possible divorce.

C:%5CUsers%5CPaul%5CPictures%5Cn1269497167_2180It is all over the Google newsfeeds today... she and her lawyer have been busy bees!!!!

She started the case in December 2008, so it is unlikely that Rogers feels the need to settle, they have had the suit in hand for nearly 18 months.

The story is consistent from every source, so it is likely based on a small news conference, or a published statement from her lawyer.

The feedback from those news sources that have forums has not been Gabriella Nagy friendly... most commentators are giving her labels akin to our very own "idiot" or "dumb ass"

Those are all the facts I was able to glean!

Edited by Old Dog
removed link and Facebook reference... wrong Gabriella

?In Ontario, we don?t have a privacy act, unlike British Columbia and other provinces.?

Yes this will be an interesting case .... I agree

Something like the one here in Ontario

against the Review board .. Via the " privacy act "

Good Lawyer if he wins this one !!

I am pretty sure that Rogers has this one covered. I just did a "transfer responsibilities" process with Rogers this weekend - moving one of the cell phones I was paying for to another account, in another person's name. Rogers makes sure that all parties are amenable... and go through a series of checks to protect themselves. I am certain they have had this process in place for a number of years; I remember doing it a while back when I was going through my own divorce.

I will agree with you on one key point... she certainly is a dumb ass.

I actually agree with her that her account should have remained private. The affair stuff is nonsense' date=' but that doesn't change the fact that an account is private and the information should not be divulged to anyone except the person whose name is on the account. That includes spouses. Many women in abusive situations rely on this for their safety![/quote']

Ah I misunderstood, I read that they requested the accounts be combined due to a bill not being paid and for the husband to manage their accounts easier together, that they were aware that the accounts were merged...my bad

It's the same old thing of someone acting recklessly, getting caught and then wanting to blame some third party for their downfall - inability to take responsibility for one's own actions.

Lawyer probably doing it for the publicity.

Yes, I think they should have kept their bills separate, but there's no guarantee her husband wouldn't have opened her mail.

She should have gotten a pay-as-you-go phone for sure.

Dumb ass :butt:

It's the same old thing of someone acting recklessly, getting caught and then wanting to blame some third party for their downfall - inability to take responsibility for one's own actions.

Lawyer probably doing it for the publicity.

Yes, I think they should have kept their bills separate, but there's no guarantee her husband wouldn't have opened her mail.

She should have gotten a pay-as-you-go phone for sure.

Dumb ass :butt:

I agree with you Angela... but if she got the pay-as-you-go phone, she probably would have slipped up with that too...

This seems like the story line in Nurse Jackie....

I actually met someone who said they were going to sue Molson's brewery for turning their father into an alcoholic and ruining their childhood and turning them into a dysfunctional person....

Another one was the guy who was said he was going to sue City and OC/Transpo because the bus was 3 minutes earlier/he missed it and was late for a job interview and didn't get the job...

Good thing we can't sue our parents for how we turned out....or can we?:handjob:

Yes it was on the news tonight...

one thing is clear she certainly doesn't understand the word "discreet".

Gee, When my husband was having other relationships.

I had No one to sue.. Dam ..lol

The scary part is she just may win ... YIKES

?In Ontario, we don?t have a privacy act, unlike British Columbia and other provinces.?

Yes it was on the news tonight...

one thing is clear she certainly doesn't understand the word "discreet".

Gee, When my husband was having other relationships.

I had No one to sue.. Dam ..lol

The scary part is she just may win ... YIKES

the suing may actually have a great deal to do with her knowing that she is probably going to be facing some pretty hard trials in court for her divorce....but I agree, if she wins this is going to be ridiculous.

as for her losing her job because of uncontrolable sobbing etc....I have known some places to be nice enough to give a temporary leve of absence but I really feel like she blew it by showing up to work and not asking for such an arrangement and decided to conduct herself that way.

dont get me wrong, I would be in stitches if I wasmarried and my marriage was over, i would however take some time to deal with it before returning to work rather than risk my job eternally.

the suing may actually have a great deal to do with her knowing that she is probably going to be facing some pretty hard trials in court for her divorce....but I agree, if she wins this is going to be ridiculous.

as for her losing her job because of uncontrolable sobbing etc....I have known some places to be nice enough to give a temporary leve of absence but I really feel like she blew it by showing up to work and not asking for such an arrangement and decided to conduct herself that way.

dont get me wrong, I would be in stitches if I wasmarried and my marriage was over, i would however take some time to deal with it before returning to work rather than risk my job eternally.

Annessa... I know when my marriage ended I was not in a good way... but as you suggested, most reasonable employers will give a little leeway when they are aware of the situation.

I have watched the boards on other sites about this story... and some of the best comments were like this: "She said she was traumatized and seeing psychologists and psychiatrists as a result of being discovered but NOW the whole country knows that Gabriella Nagy is a tramp by her own admission."

The whole public aspect of this case seems rather self defeating, no?

Annessa... I know when my marriage ended I was not in a good way... but as you suggested, most reasonable employers will give a little leeway when they are aware of the situation.

I have watched the boards on other sites about this story... and some of the best comments were like this: "She said she was traumatized and seeing psychologists and psychiatrists as a result of being discovered but NOW the whole country knows that Gabriella Nagy is a tramp by her own admission."

The whole public aspect of this case seems rather self defeating, no?

I'm not entirely sure if that was a question or a rhetorical statement, lol...?

facing some pretty hard trials in court for her divorce...

Infidelity, in the Provenience of Ontario .. Does NOT matter

But this Lawyer will win ... And have a New feather in his hat!!

because OF the point .. because of the ways the "privacy act" is written in Ontario

Scary hun ??

Edited by FineWineDiva
Type-o

Guest s******ecan****
“In Ontario, we don’t have a privacy act, unlike British Columbia and other provinces.”

There is a Federal Privacy Act that would cover this. Unless Rogers can prove she gave consent to have her information sent to her husband they're in shit. Not for the ridiculous amount of damages she is claiming but something for sure. As for Rogers having "this covered" through procedures I highly doubt it. I've dealt with them for years and many of the agents I've dealt with over the phone are less than competent.

There is a Federal Privacy Act that would cover this. Unless Rogers can prove she gave consent to have her information sent to her husband they're in shit. Not for the ridiculous amount of damages she is claiming but something for sure. As for Rogers having "this covered" through procedures I highly doubt it. I've dealt with them for years and many of the agents I've dealt with over the phone are less than competent.

Less then competent .. Ohhhh Ya !!

Then you get the odd one .. Its Bingo , one with a brain

I find Rogers 75% More competent then Bell!!

90% more friendly & polite

who agrees?

If they do offer to settle out of court,

She should be happy , be done with it!!!

Thanks Riley , keeping us up dated .

Long time since we talked

Call me

Bell has much better privacy protection? Hah!! When I had my pay-as-you-go Bell phone, I went to the Bell store to buy a phone card.

When they keyed in my phone number, they asked me if I lived at such and such address? They didn't ask me what my address was first, or for ID - they just blurted out an address.

Which, by the way was like an address from 2002. The point is, I could have been anyone giving that number and someone could have gotten my address that way.

Don't know if the rep slipped up, but when I read that in the article, I chuckled.

Bell-Rogers-Telus - they're all the same!!