Hotel Preferences?

Hey everyone,

I would like to know what people's preferences are, in terms of general geographical locations, for hotel meetings in and around HRM?

Immediately I think a downtown hotel might be best, but then I think about parking issues, and discretion issues, and I wonder if something say in Bayer's lake would be more convenient. Ample parking, less chance of running into people you might know? Something a little further out of town perhaps? Or does that then cause time constraints?

I personally have no preference for geographical location, so I really do want some input from the gentlemen from Halifax as to what their ideal location would be and why.

Anything other sp's can offer I would also love to hear about!

Thank-you in advance for your input!

Carrie

I think the down town core is usually just fine. Ample amounts of parking. Lots of choices for up scale hotels. I personally prefer to visit at an apartment/condo setting to limit the chances of run ins and also gives the Lady a chance to make it her own.

Cheers!

• Like 1

but often I am commuting via active transport (walking, biking) or public transport. In those scenarios a centrally located hotel works best, either downtown or near the citadel.

• Like 1

I prefer a place that is in the city, but not necessarily in the heart of downtown. Parking considerations throw an extra dimension into planning. Not a deal breaker by any means. Just a preference.

• Like 1

Most ladies in or visiting Halifax tend to go downtown. I presume because that's where the highest concentration of up-scale hotels are located. Parking really isn't that bad down town. If you give yourself a few more minutes to find parking and concede that you aren't going to score that golden spot right in front of your destination it's okay 19 days out of 20.

I am a bit surprised that ladies don't take advantage of the nice hotels elsewhere though. Clayton Park or Dartmouth Crossing for example. I don't think you can please everyone with location, but you won't drive anyone away either; we're visiting for the company, not the parking. :)

• Like 1

If you give yourself a few more minutes to find parking and concede that you aren't going to score that golden spot right in front of your destination it's okay 19 days out of 20.

Some appointments I just don't like to take the chance on being late for! Don't like those odds. ;) As a result, I usually over think, over plan and end up there too early inconspicuously (in my mind) killing time until the appointment. Again, not a deal breaker. Just a preference.

I like your suggestion of Clayton park or Dartmouth crossing. Have seen ladies in both locales and found it quite convenient. At the end of the day, if I've decided to see her, I'll go out of my way.

• Like 1

The Harbour Front Marriot Hotel is great for those local executive class business men who don't want to park their vehicle out in the open at a parking meter in front of a hotel they have no business being at. A hotel that they now have to walk from their vehicle, across a street and a parking lot to access and risk running into people they know who work down town who will probably be curious as to what your doing walking into a hotel...

I take a quick turn into the Harbour front marriot parkade, park and walk right into the elevator. Other hotels have underground parking but spots are very difficult to get.

Plus if you like to be pampered...Cascades spa is on the main level.

• Like 2

Along the same line, any suggestions on good hotels in Halifax which will accommodate early check-in, noon or before. Thanks.

Speaking as a man... It really does not matter to me, could be motel, hotel hell the gorgeous ladies on here would make a tent a 5 star experience. So stay anywhere mix it up and we will find you .

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

I prefer downtown hotels to something on the outskirts of town. It's easier for me to explain why I was downtown yesterday versus why my car was parked in a motel parking lot next to the highway out of town.

I think Dartmouth crossing would be ideal, especially this time of year. You can always use the excuse that you are Xmas shopping.

I love it! "Why was I there? Don't ask. You'll spoil the surprise!" Just don't forget to find her something at a shop near by lol.