Replied Text messages Inappropriate

When a lady replies to your text messages can they please be more discreet. A few times now a lady has replied by saying words like ok babe or hun. Please send the text like some could accidentally read it.

My rates are $250 per hour.

versus

My rates are $250 per hour, babe.

I'm at a hotel downtown.

versus

I'm at a hotel downtown, hun.

Yes, I see what you mean.

• Like 5

Yep, now that is much better and discreet, I think that is more in line with what the OP was thinking. lol

My rates are $250 per hour.

versus

My rates are $250 per hour, babe.

I'm at a hotel downtown.

versus

I'm at a hotel downtown, hun.

Yes, I see what you mean.

Don't open your text messages when you're around anyone else

That's the benefit of texts versus phone calls, you can reply to a text in private, whereas a phone call could come anytime

RG

• Like 3

The only sensible solution is to get more intimate in all of your communication:

"Dear Armitage, Dunwitch & Whateley, Attorneys at Law: can you please quote me the price to draw up a few contracts, my delicious sweetie-pies? Thanks. Signed, Mr. Hun-hun Bunnycakes."

Now all replies will look equally suspicious -- which means they will all look equally innocent!

• Like 9

Everyone's risk tolerance will be different and I am not sure it is fair to put the responsibility for it on the lady who is responding.... personally I see the management of that risk as something that is up to me and I would prefer the lady simply answer my text with any personal tone she is feeling.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 7

[quote=MightyPen;650378

Now all replies will look equally suspicious -- which means they will all look equally innocent!

Jeremy Brett rocks. He is more than Sherlock

I say let somebody read all the babes and huns and whatever they want in my texts. It means absolutely nothing and never will. Women call me hon all the time in public places. Cashiers, bank tellers, my customers (some old enough to be my grandma and that is really old), ladies I hold the door open for at the post office who I don't know. The list goes on and on. If anyone is worried about their wife or girlfriend seeing it, then just delete it immediately or don't read the silly thing in front of them in the first place. Here's a novel idea, turn your hobby phone right off when you aren't alone and in private. Solves the discretion problem in a heartbeat.

• Like 7

Make sure you set your text messages to private or not to appear on the main screen, but I can see this being a problem if you are away from your phone and is near your SO... She may take a peak.... Protect yourself.

• Like 1

Make sure you set your text messages to private or not to appear on the main screen, but I can see this being a problem if you are away from your phone and is near your SO... She may take a peak.... Protect yourself.

I use a password on my phone and a text hiding app... so to find it my wife would have to be looking for it.

Just my Opinion

I understand about the phoniness of saying " Hun" and "Babe" to a person a lady hasn't even met yet but setting up a meeting by text and attempting to make it look like your average business transaction would be an exercise in futility. Best to make these arrangements by phone if possible and delete, delete, delete. Aside from the insincere sounding terms of endearments which isn't necessarily bothersome to some men, whatever your situation is involving a significant other, caution should be taken care at all times.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 3

To the OP: As your first and only post in the 19 months you've been a member... I'm a little concerned you haven't learned to manage your cell phone discretely. Having your incoming messages viewed by others is not only uncomfortable for you but can also cause unwanted issues for the ladies you're communicating with. As Nicolette recommends: delete, delete, delete!

• Like 5

Hobby phone is the only way to go. Turn it on when playing, then turn it off when you aren't.

Simple really. I'm surprised more don't have one.

I may just be the exception but i never really got the benefit of a separate hobby phone.. in my opinion i think it would just increase my risk because I would have to explain why two phones.

My preferred approach is to have a good smartphone (BlackBerry Passport for example). That allows you to turn off or customize notifications, has password access and that you can use privacy Apps to hide text and email messages from companions in encrypted hidden folders. I also use a contact management app that allows for hidden contacts that are only accessible with password.

This approach has worked for years and the security features are easily explained due to the work info on my phones. I am able to openly chat with many companions with little concern about privacy.

Just my Opinion

• Like 7

im a single male, so it really doesn't bother me what they call me, as long as they are polite of course, as I am polite when inquiring to them.

• Like 1

Jeremy Brett rocks. He is more than Sherlock

Sigh. Yep, he was Da Man, no doubt about it. If you ever get hold of the book "Bending the Willow" by David Stuart Davies it's a good read and great insight into Brett's approach to the role.

Do not text anything which can be even remotely suspect. A string of text messages can turn up in a court of law.

Book coffee dates with companions by telephone which leaves no written trace of anything.

What you do behind closed doors is none of anyone's business.

I may just be the exception but i never really got the benefit of a separate hobby phone.. in my opinion i think it would just increase my risk because I would have to explain why two phones.

My preferred approach is to have a good smartphone (BlackBerry Passport for example).

One good smartphone may not be the answer for everyone.

Some don't want to pay for a high-end phone or may have a smartphone that was provided by their employer. I wouldn't recommend using an employer-supplied phone for indiscretions no matter how feature-rich it is (this was one of Jian's mistakes). So for many, a second phone is the best solution. Furthermore, it can be dirt cheap and dumb. Keep it turned off and well hidden when not actively seeking adventure. When it's turned on, keep it in silent mode and the keyboard locked. Works for me.

• Like 3

One good smartphone may not be the answer for everyone.

Some don't want to pay for a high-end phone or may have a smartphone that was provided by their employer. I wouldn't recommend using an employer-supplied phone for indiscretions no matter how feature-rich it is (this was one of Jian's mistakes). So for many, a second phone is the best solution. Furthermore, it can be dirt cheap and dumb. Keep it turned off and well hidden when not actively seeking adventure. When it's turned on, keep it in silent mode and the keyboard locked. Works for me.

Sorry if my post made it sound like I was saying my approach was the "only" way to proceed that was not my intention... just providing info about what works for me.

For the record the phone I was referring to is a personal phone I also have a work phone provided to me by my employer that is used strictly for my employers business interests.

When I referred to business information on my phone I was referring to the various personal business interests that I have not my employers business.

So for me a separate hobby phone would mean 3 phones and if it was turned off most of the time it would mean communication with the wonderful ladies I have met would be limited to just when I had the third phone actually on while now they are free to text me at anytime with out concern for putting their or my privacy at risk.

Bottom line each of us is responsible for having a system that meets our own needs with the one caveat that it should also assure the privacy of the amazing ladies we love to meet.

As a side note I have always been amazed that cell phone companies have not produced a multi line phone that would allow for a business and personal line on the same unit. BlackBerry has played a little with the idea with its "Balance" feature that creates in essence a firewall between business and personal sides of a phone but this only works on enterprise phones.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

So for me a separate hobby phone would mean 3 phones and if it was turned off most of the time it would mean communication with the wonderful ladies I have met would be limited to just when I had the third phone actually on while now they are free to text me at anytime with out concern for putting their or my privacy at risk.

Yes, one big downside of the hidden hobby phone is the limited windows of communication. My responsiveness I'm sure may seem slow or I may appear aloof sometimes. I usually explain my phone situation to anyone I have regular communication with... they're always understanding.

Another issues with my hobby (really) dumbphone is that cursed little numeric keypad. It takes me forever to type "quick" responses, but it does force me to be succinct (which is also appreciated, I'm sure). lol

• Like 3

i do take measures to protect myself but what i am saying is what if a person forgot to set his phone on private mode. The text idid recieved hun was someone I habe not even met yet

i do take measures to protect myself but what i am saying is what if a person forgot to set his phone on private mode. The text idid recieved hun was someone I habe not even met yet

Did you let her know? She probably doesn't even realize and a gentle heads up for her would help.

Guest *Ste***cque**

Be grateful she didn't use your real name! You could always say it was a wrong number if your wife saw "Hey babe, I can see you in an hour" versus "Hey Jeff, I'd love to see you again!". I sometimes show my wife when I get a text in error so she knows it happens sometimes. Same for spam emails sent to me from Russian girls asking me to check out their new pic. :) I also recommend deleting text from your phone once you send it.

Delete the text itself, but don't forget to go into the logs and delete those records too. (In the phone function on most smart phones) Your phone keeps a list of all incoming and outgoing calls and texts as well as what phone number they were to or from.