Resolutions, why wait?

Guest A**aTo**h

Almost every year, I set out with good intentions to make some sort of New Year's resolution(s). This year, I decided to be smart and start early, so I began working out 6 weeks ago with the intent to lose 15 pounds by the end of February (so far so good, feeling stronger and healthier!)

Tonight I read a post by Extraterrestrial about helping those less fortunate, so I thought, hmm, resolution #2, make a small step to help someone else, even if it is small, so tonight I made a donation to The Mission in Ottawa. Nothing big nor admirable, just something that I could afford to do to help. Thank you for the inspiration, ET!

Just wondering what others have in store for resolutions this year?

Happy New Year to everyone, best wishes in 2015!

Thank you so much for the post AquaTouch. I knew good hearted cerbites are plenty and would respond as you did. Every little bit helps and no matter how little it may be, it makes a big difference in the lives of many less fortunate and definitely very admirable. I admire you and everyone else highly who prioritise giving in this final hours of the year and throughout next year by making it a new year resolution and think of others who may not be as fortunate and I sure this sense is shared by many.

My new year resolution part from what you stated so well in your post, is to enjoy life to the fullest possible and to participate in different activities as much as time and finances allow.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy and prosperous New Year to all.

ET.

• Like 2

Guest A**aTo**h
In these nearing end days for me, these two words to me mean the same. I wi do everything possible to stretch out my final days with grace and dignity AND FUN!

Also 25 year old Single Malt!!

You have already epitomized all that is graceful and dignified, please just focus on the FUN sir!

In these nearing end days for me, these two words to me mean the same. I wi do everything possible to stretch out my final days with grace and dignity AND FUN!

Also 25 year old Single Malt!!

I never make new years resolutions but the spirit grace and courage of theliquor has made me think that a fitting resolution for me would be to try and approach my life in the new year with the spirit he shows every day. I resolve to try to live each day of my life with the amazing zest for life he demonstrates for us all.

Thank You Tom

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I always start my resolutions on Christmas Day, get a bit of a jump start. Lost three pounds already.

Clean and sober for fifteen years now but it is still a one day at a time thing. FUKN hard at this time of year...especially with my boozer sister telling me "Come on, one drink won't hurt."

• Like 5

For now 10 years in a row a friend of mine and I exchange our new years resolutions and are accomplishments of that year based on that years resolutions. We keep them each year and haul them out once a year. Its very interesting looking back on what was important or deemed to be a problem years ago that was either solved or just faded away. The two of us have been friends for over 20 some odd years. Years go by where we never seen one another even though we live in the same city. She has been married a few times and divorced a few times and had children during those years. I have been married to many times and divorced to many times. Her and I have never been intimate and never would be. But we have formed a lifetime bond. She is the first person I would call if I need help or advice or a kick in the butt and I am the same to her. We exchange emails and now txt messages daily. We are truly blessed to have each other.

• Like 3

Guest A**aTo**h

I've knocked off 11 pounds of the 15 I set out to do when I started working out again in November. I'm feeling more confident and better about myself.

Just wondering if anyone has some good news New Year stories?