Looking for your feedback on a potential host location

Hi there,

I just wanted to seek your feedback about a potential host location I'm considering (not a hotel)....nothing I've committed to, but I'm looking at my options and certain aspects are important, and it's a challenge ticking all of the boxes, but I'm keeping in mind factors including but not limited to:

A nice, fresh inviting space that keeps with the standards I've had thus far in hosting you gentlemen here in Kingston

Allocated parking that is as discreet as possible

For the the host location to be AWAY from the downtown and/or any other congested area where privacy is an issue, so NO fishbowl cul-de-sac type places either

And, ideally, for the location to be no more than a 7 minutes drive from the 401

So, the place I have in mind ticks all of these boxes except for the last one. It is out by the airport. I'm in no rush to settle on something...it has to work, but the place has a lot of pluses.

To get to the point, do you think that hosting by the airport would be an issue? Would you gentlemen see a lady located in this part of the City, or is it too inconvenient? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me directly if you prefer.

Thanks very much,

oxox Anna

• Like 1

Hello Gentlemen,

I am bringing back this very useful thread started by Anna Sweets as I am thinking of moving from my current location.

My turn to ask you if you would prefer a private host location downtown or a private host location midtown. I am not talking about any hotel, but a private placein a medium rise building having a visitor parking. Which would be the pros and cons to be located downtown or midtown?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Hello Gentlemen,

I am bringing back this very useful thread started by Anna Sweets as I am thinking of moving from my current location.

My turn to ask you if you would prefer a private host location downtown or a private host location midtown. I am not talking about any hotel, but a private placein a medium rise building having a visitor parking. Which would be the pros and cons to be located downtown or midtown?

Thank you very much for your answers!

Downtown has too many eyes (for those of us with a lot of friends of friends and close acquaintances) and the parking situation is absolutely horrendous in the downtown area.

From experience, central and west end locations are always far better.

• Like 1

Ah ah Robotgoose! I don't know who you are, but you like keeping mysteries, don't you?

Anyway, you know what? I came to the conclusion today that my location is perfectly fine, and decided to stay where I am. I thought about moving for several reasons, mostly related to work. Some people have biases about my neighborhood - although it is not even the neighborhood they think it is! They should check on a map! - and I sometimes lose potential clients because of this. I mean that they do not even want to go in my neighborhood - so we are talking about people who have never been to my place - which does not make sense. Even if my neighborhood is residential, nice, clean, quiet, and so is my building, biases can still stick to people and places for a long time, even when there is no reason for that.

But at the end of the day, those people miss the occasion to meet a sweet lady who will welcome them in a very clean and cozy apartment. And I don't even talk about my peculiar mischievous bathroom that is always very much appreciated by the gentlemen who visit me ;-)

So, Robotgoose, if you feel like writing nice comments/feedback about my place, do not hesitate to do so! Thank you ;-)

• Like 2

Ms. Mia....

Your current location is perfect. Discrete, easy to access and very comfortable. Anyone who would avoid your location based on "what part of town it is" is likely someone you would be better off avoiding :)

• Like 1

I always prefer a location with lots of parking so I try to avoid downtown if possible. Also great if there aren't dozens of eyes watching who is coming and going. Kingston is not that big, you can be most anywhere in the city within 15-20 minutes unless it is a busy time like rush hours. If the SP provides great service I will drive further than that to see her no problem!

• Like 2

I always prefer a location with lots of parking so I try to avoid downtown if possible. Also great if there aren't dozens of eyes watching who is coming and going. Kingston is not that big, you can be most anywhere in the city within 15-20 minutes unless it is a busy time like rush hours. If the SP provides great service I will drive further than that to see her no problem!

Agreed. Plenty of public parking (kings crossing at division/401-lots of reasons to park there) or extremely discrete parking, are key for me. I prefer to walk a short distance or tuck my vehicles away out of site. Far too many people know and recognize each other in this small city. It doesn't help to have easily recognized vehicles to those that know me. Discretion and reasons to be in a given area are what I look for.

• Like 1

Agreed. Plenty of public parking (kings crossing at division/401-lots of reasons to park there) or extremely discrete parking, are key for me. I prefer to walk a short distance or tuck my vehicles away out of site. Far too many people know and recognize each other in this small city. It doesn't help to have easily recognized vehicles to those that know me. Discretion and reasons to be in a given area are what I look for.

I can completely echo this comment.

• Like 1