Genie Bouchard

Not sure who is watching this but if Genie wins it will be bigger than Mike Weir winning the Masters. Amazing athlete!

• Like 1

I watched the match and am quite amazed by her talent and of the talent that she is playing against.

I am NOT a tennis fan but I AM Canadian, so when I see a Canadian upstart on the world stage I will watch.

Good job Ms. Bouchard

I am willing to get behind any lady that wears a short skirt and loves to play with fuzzy balls.

As far as Genie Bouchard is concerned I watched her at Wimbledon last summer and she had a tough go of it, but to reach that level in any professional sport is an amazing feat.

She's only 20 years old and I believe she is currently without a coach.

Once she gets that sorted out she will hopefully go on to do great things.

Gotta love Canadian women.

• Like 1

Yup, watched it, and there was a lot of "grunting" going on ;)

Like any young professional at 20 Genie, or Brooke Henderson only 17 (LPGA) it takes time, and in the long run, they will be successful at it.

All Canadian athletes are great, EXAMPLE....Like the sexy and fit Kaille Humphries-Bobsledder gold medalist from Calgary regardless of what province they come from. ;)

• Like 1

She's doing awfully well for a lady at her age. Each place in the ranking at this level becomes exponentially more difficult to achieve and I think will come her way as she gains in experience.

Congrats also to Milos for his run.

Unfortunately, Eugenie lost to Sharapova in straight sets in the quarter-final at the Australian Open last night and... I also missed the game on TV! :frown:

To watch two talented youthful ladies slugging it out on the court would have been such a treat. I have always been a fan of Sharapova, but last night I would have been cheering for Eugenie - no doubt about that. Now, let's hope the other Canadian player Milos Raonic would get past his quater-final opponent.