apology/unfortunate incident

To whom it may concern\

I do not know if I am posting this in the right area but here goes

I came out of retirement last year after a 3 year break,,my daughter was in a very bad car accident and i was dealing with that.I had a website built and I paid someone to do my website,i gave them my photos and a rough outline of things I would like said.They gave me the finished product and though it was not bad and never thought anything of it.

Tonight i was informed it had been copied i had no idea and was shocked immediately i took down my website and should have a new one up in a day or so,a letter of explanation and a sincere apology was written to the lady and i carried on with my evening.I do not like drama so this is the last i want to hear of it or will speak of it

I also out of curiosity googled my name it is unbelievabe the things that came up im on sites i never heard of things are written that are not true..welcome to the land of the internet

\In short dont believe everything you read.

sometimes bad business is good as it makes ppl look at you so i think of it like that

To those who know me they will laugh as they all know i am horrible with computers so it can easily be understood how this could happen i am sure i am not the first

i hope i have posted in the proper area

alexoxox

• Like 4

Guest K***e D****ls

I think it was very admirable of you to write an explanation and apology to the lady, even though you hired and trusted someone to write the content for you. I've had that done to me and I thought it was very respectable of the lady to apologize and explain, and we became friendly within the business.

You hit the nail on the head with 'don't believe everything you read online'. That goes for good and bad. Especially in this little world where beauty is incredibly over exaggerated, the 'best' is made out to sound better than Cindy Crawford when she was the the top of her game, and it can all be so easily manipulated. It's all subjective. Now reverse the coin: some of the most horrible things can be written and published for the entire world to see forever out of spite, hatred, jealousy, or someone just being a miserable internet troll sitting in their mom's basement hating their life. Literally everything should be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

I wouldn't give a second thought to those troll sites. Keep doing your thing, ignore the trolls, and the good gents will come. :)

Im really sorry I don't like drama either - however it was my site you stole and I had it removed yesterday by your host. I have an email from your hosting company to prove it. As well the heartfelt apology you apparently sent me, was far from that. You are a grown woman and you are responsible for what you put on your website and ads - NO ONE else is.

If you can't read and search the content of your website that someone makes for you, you should not use it.

Because you STOLE my text WORD for WORD, it does affect my business as when people google the text you and I both come up - makes people wonder WHO copied WHO. As you said in your email, you don't see how this could affect my business...

The fact you advertise in the same places as me and used stolen text on your site is low, apology or not the email you sent me yesterday is not even close to what you publicly posted today - thats like a slap in the face to me and everyone else you are trying to get sympathy from. You did wrong yet you make a fake apology to me then post this post here - don't you think I deserved the REAL apology?

I have worked hard for 6 Years to brand myself and nothing makes me more upset that another woman stealing my hard work. Yes I'm upset and I have every right too, I was not going to make this business public here but as you seem to think it was ok too, Im entitled to my side of the story. I am in no way am attacking you, but if I stay quiet this crap will continue to happen.

• Like 6

If neither one of you like drama then why publicly post anything. I goolged Alex's name and I didn't see anything bad or nefarious, other than an idiotic comment from someone stating that an older sp shouldn't command a high rate. It appears that Alex has many followers, As does Emily. None of us who haven't seen any of the emails know what has been said, and those who follow each will believe and support that side. The rest of us have to accept what's been said and she's apologizing publically which takes guts, it doesn't appear to me an effort to gain sympathy. So perhaps it should be left at that.

It's awful to have your work stolen, it's happened to a lot of us and many haven't received apologies of any kind.

• Like 1

To whom it may concern\

I do not know if I am posting this in the right area but here goes

I came out of retirement last year after a 3 year break,,my daughter was in a very bad car accident and i was dealing with that.I had a website built and I paid someone to do my website,i gave them my photos and a rough outline of things I would like said.They gave me the finished product and though it was not bad and never thought anything of it.

Tonight i was informed it had been copied i had no idea and was shocked immediately i took down my website and should have a new one up in a day or so,a letter of explanation and a sincere apology was written to the lady and i carried on with my evening.I do not like drama so this is the last i want to hear of it or will speak of it

I also out of curiosity googled my name it is unbelievabe the things that came up im on sites i never heard of things are written that are not true..welcome to the land of the internet

\In short dont believe everything you read.

sometimes bad business is good as it makes ppl look at you so i think of it like that

To those who know me they will laugh as they all know i am horrible with computers so it can easily be understood how this could happen i am sure i am not the first

i hope i have posted in the proper area

alexoxox

Ummm I read Emily Rushton's blog about this theft. First, be clear, you didn't get the website pulled, she HAD to get your stolen (yes plagiarism is theft) site pulled. Why you misrepresent it as you pulled your site I don't know

And bad business is good. WTF is that. I'm sure Emily doesn't agree your bad business was good for her. And clients who see a lady with bad business practices, they don't think its good.

And the screen snapshots taken of your (well really not yours) website, it is almost verbatim to Emily's website...even words that are completely capitalized on Emily's site are capitalized on "your" site. Only difference are you use your photos and your rates.

Yes, maybe you paid someone to develop your website. But you are using that website to represent yourself and your business. You represent your business with a plagiarised (misrepresented) website kind of puts your business in question.

Why am I irked to put it mildly. First Emily has a very distinctive style and you tried to steal it. Irrespective of whether it was done by someone you hired or by you yourself, at the end of the day you still are the one responsible for the contents of your website

Second stealing copy, especially a complete website is just as bad as stealing another lady's photos. Emily's website is as unique to her as her photos. It defines her. And she worked hard to develop her unique brand, as do most ladies

At the end of the day, remember you aren't the victim here. It is Emily who was victimized by your theft.

For a guy who is a supporter of ladies, your business practices feeds right into the worst stereotypes people have of this lifestyle.

RG

Ummm I read Emily Rushton's blog about this theft. First, be clear, you didn't get the website pulled, she HAD to get your stolen (yes plagiarism is theft) site pulled. Why you misrepresent it as you pulled your site I don't know

And bad business is good. WTF is that. I'm sure Emily doesn't agree your bad business was good for her. And clients who see a lady with bad business practices, they don't think its good.

And the screen snapshots taken of your (well really not yours) website, it is almost verbatim to Emily's website...even words that are completely capitalized on Emily's site are capitalized on "your" site. Only difference are you use your photos and your rates.

Yes, maybe you paid someone to develop your website. But you are using that website to represent yourself and your business. You represent your business with a plagiarised (misrepresented) website kind of puts your business in question.

Why am I irked to put it mildly. First Emily has a very distinctive style and you tried to steal it. Irrespective of whether it was done by someone you hired or by you yourself, at the end of the day you still are the one responsible for the contents of your website

Second stealing copy, especially a complete website is just as bad as stealing another lady's photos. Emily's website is as unique to her as her photos. It defines her. And she worked hard to develop her unique brand, as do most ladies

At the end of the day, remember you aren't the victim here. It is Emily who was victimized by your theft.

For a guy who is a supporter of ladies, your business practices feeds right into the worst stereotypes people have of this lifestyle.

RG

I'm not sure if Emily's blog is private or readable by all? If it is private then how would Alex have known about it's post and isn't there a modicum of a chance that she contacted her website co to have it removed at the same time Emily did, or there abouts and after seeing it removed believed it was removed because of her personal requests?

Siding with a friend is great but siding with someone because they are a friend isn't. I think they both are victims. The issue appears to be resolved and I hope there are no lasting repercussions for either.

Rg-the apology was sent in a private email, so why couldn't she have replied privately, even though Alex posted publically that doesn't justify a retort, but that's just my opinion . Anything should be excusable when given a satisfactory explanation. Alex explained and apologized, not to the satisfactory of you or Emily, but apologized none the less, what more should be done? Should she be kicked out of the business and off this site? It's been made public I'm sure that will bring about consequence, but forgiveness should be allotted, sorry. We all do wrong from time to time, and even though I realize the seriousness of this and the headaches and heartache this must have caused Emily I'm still a believer that forgiveness should be given.

My blog is public and anyone can read it....

An apology is one thing but when its full of lies, its no longer an apology.

Alex chose to make this public on the general area of this board and I am entitled to my side as is anyone else. i did not post this publicly on here or my blog relating as it goes against the policies of airing dirty laundry. I am one however who does not tolerate liars and enough is enough.

If it was your site that was stolen my another member of this board you would feel the exact same way Cristy, especially when what was emailed to you from the culprit is not even close to what she posted here.

If you are adult enough to be a companion you are adult enough to be responsible for your site and ad content.

Theft is theft, and blaming someone else for ones actions are wrong.

Im all about forgiveness when it is genuine and heartfelt, not full of lies.

• Like 3

I'm not sure if Emily's blog is private or readable by all? If it is private then how would Alex have known about it's post and isn't there a modicum of a chance that she contacted her website co to have it removed at the same time Emily did, or there abouts and after seeing it removed believed it was removed because of her personal requests?

Siding with a friend is great but siding with someone because they are a friend isn't. I think they both are victims. The issue appears to be resolved and I hope there are no lasting repercussions for either.

Yes Emily is a friend. But I am siding with Emily because I know her website (I've read it once or twice) I saw the screen shots of the offending site on Emily's blog (yes its still there) Read Emily's site, then the screen shots. We aren't talking one or two sentences...we are talking about an entire website short of pictures and rates STOLEN

I disagree with you however. Yes Emily was the victim here

But Alex, she is responsible for who she hired to develop her site. And at the end of the day she put her site online without checking it first to see it wasn't stolen text. And it still would be on-line except Emily (not Alex) had it pulled. Now if she lies (I know for fact it is a lie) about that little detail it makes me wonder about the truth of the rest of her apology

But to be clear, yes Emily is a friend. But if any lady had her website stolen, photos stolen, ad title stolen, name stolen etc etc etc I would be in full support of them too. Every professional lady has a unique style, persona, brand whatever term you like to use. And someone stealing it needs to be challenged. It isn't acceptable in the least.

RG

• Like 1

My blog is public and anyone can read it....

An apology is one thing but when its full of lies, its no longer an apology.

Alex chose to make this public on the general area of this board and I am entitled to my side.

If it was your site that was stolen my another member of this board you would feel the exact same way Cristy, especially when what was emailed to you from the culprit is not even close to what she posted her.

Theft is theft, and blaming someone else for ones actions are wrong.

Im all about forgiveness when it is genuine and heartfelt, not full of lies.

Thank you Emily and you are right I would feel the same and perhaps even more angry. But I don't have a horse in this race and can only read whats been posted so I have to accept whats been said by both of you. As I said, I think theft of anything is wrong and so is insincerity. If you are right then I am so very sorry for what you've gone through, truly and hopefully her conscience will cause her to rectify the situation at hand. If she is likewise, either way its a sad situation. This business is hard enough without having to deal with this type of thing.

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

Any one who Cuts and Pastes Copy Righted Material and uses it on their Web Sites is in violation of Canadian Copy Right Law and maybe subjected to Civil Litigation. Ignorance is not an acceptable defense in a Civil Court and damages may be awarded. In my opinion this was a violation of Canadian Copy Right Law.

Additional Comments:

Such actions are against the rules of this board too!

Any one who Cuts and Pastes Copy Righted Material and uses it on their Web Sites is in violation of Canadian Copy Right Law and maybe subjected to Civil Litigation. Ignorance is not an acceptable defense in a Civil Court and damages may be awarded. In my opinion this was a violation of Canadian Copy Right Law.

You are right and I think we all should prosecute offenders. But the sad reality is the victim is the one that suffers most, has to prove their innocence, hire the lawyer and give of their time, energy and a whole lot of money. No winners when it comes to civil litigation other than the lawyers, been there done that. Sadly some offenders know this. However sometimes a good outcome can be had, so certainly something to consider.

Guest A**aTo**h

Ouch! I went to your website Emily to read your blog; after reading and seeing things word-for-word being copied, I can certainly understand, and appreciate your anger over this brazen theft. I'm sorry that you have been harmed, it's a horrible feeling being robbed, in essence your identity was stolen.

Certainly the OP should have responsibility/liability for the contents of her web site, but I wonder, should the web developer not also be liable? The person who designed it made a quick buck by ripping off Emily's site, rather than creating something new.