Hockey fans, come on in!

That's the easiest way to ensure you don't do what you just said LOL

;)

Additional Comments:

@Excaliber

I'm just pointing out the current facts lol ;)

I was joking of course...

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I just posted a few good ones for the Leafs fans in the Joke section ;)

As a life long Leaf fan there is really not much anyone can say that would upset me lol... in fact I kinda hope some of the shit being said actually embarrasses the Leafs Management into doing something to build a good team...

• Like 1

Its April 1 and the Leafs won last night beating Tampa Bay for their second win in row.......HA! GOTTCHA! HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY...... wait a minute, check that... Hey, they did win last night for their second win in a row...Darn. wouldn't you know, my carefully planned April fools joke was foiled.. Who would have thought? :)

• Like 1

Exciting game between Montreal and Washington tonight, overtime loss for the Habs for one point, hopefully our penalty killing unit will be better in our remaining regular season games and the playoffs.

Away Game against the Devils on Saturday night, lots of excitement with all the other games, this is a great time of the year for us hockey fans.

• Like 1

Yes, great time of year for us hockey fans. Sens win again but so do Bruins so we're still 3 points behind them. I think 5 games left, 3 against very strong teams so we'll have our work cut out for us.

• Like 2

I have memories of watching the Montreal Canadiens on black and white tv far back as 1964 (4 years old). My dad and uncles were die hard fans and so that is my team.

However, if the Sens are playing other teams, I will root for them.

When it comes down to the playoffs, HABS first, Sens second, Boston third.

(Still remember "Number 4 - Bobby Orr")

I have a much admiration and respect for Leafs Fan who aren't afraid to admit it. Utmost loyalty!

• Like 1

I have memories of watching the Montreal Canadiens on black and white tv far back as 1964 (4 years old). My dad and uncles were die hard fans and so that is my team.

However, if the Sens are playing other teams, I will root for them.

When it comes down to the playoffs, HABS first, Sens second, Boston third.

(Still remember "Number 4 - Bobby Orr")

I have a much admiration and respect for Leafs Fan who aren't afraid to admit it. Utmost loyalty!

I am and will most likely always be a Leafs fan but to be honest it has come to the point where Leafs fans have to send a message to team management and ownership that we expect a better effort. It's a proven fact that this will not happen at the gate... so many of the leafs season tickets are owned by business that they are guaranteed great attendance no matter what the quality of the produce is. So I suggest that leafs fans send a message in other financial ways.. stop buying leafs products... stop watching leafs games on tv.... As the recent: parody song said DO SOMETHING...

• Like 2

Sens win, Bruins win, Wings win. Going right down to last few games.

Our Canadian girls played a hella of a game against USA but just came up a bit short. Great game girls. No Canadian team has won Stanley Cup since 1993 and the prognosis is not so good. I wonder if our girls will ever dominate over the USA again.

• Like 2

Reading this thread, I started thinking back to when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s. If my Dad couldn't catch a game on TV, he had the radio on. Back then, the Canadiens dominated, but there were also fewer teams. Most hockey players were from Quebec and I don't remember seeing any visible minorities. Exception was Wilie O'Ree, the first black player to play in the NHL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_O%27Ree

Players got paid nominal salaries, none wore helmets, and when they did get introduced, some of the old timers opted out of wearing them. There was always at least one good brawl when the gloves would come off. The referees let it go on for a minute. Seemed like a crowd pleaser. (I don't advocate violence, but in those days that was pretty well expected to happen).

I remember my Grand Pere shaking his head when the Los Angeles Kings were formed back in the 70s. His rationale was since they didn't have winters with snow and ice, they had no business having a hockey team.

I believe Wayne Gretsky was one of the first players to start making the big bucks. Hockey has changed a lot and I believe there is so much pressure on teams because of corporate sponsorship, large salary expectations and simply the cost of doing business.

It's fun to reminisce about the good 'ol days, but I do believe the skill level of players these days has gone way up. Anyone ever notice the skates those poor bastards wore back in the day?

I am not a die-hard fan anymore, but I do cheer for the HABS and I am always attentive the the play-offs and love to poke and receive friendly jabs from my Sens friends. If the Sens are playing any other team than the HABS, I do root for them.

m4VFRrDpsbXHncjj1wgX6qQ.jpg

• Like 1

I certainly grew up watching hockey with my dad every Saturday night and have very fond memories of watching the Original six games... Mature Angela Is right that back then the game was certainly slower and the equipment was minimal but one thing that never lacked in any game was the passion.... the players did not make a lot of money but would have played for free to get their name on Lord Stanley's mug. It really was a special time for hockey.

People should not read this as a good old days of hockey post because the game now has so many other things.... the speed... the conditioning... the general skill level of the players and of course it is fairer to the players financially which is good for them.

As for fighting in hockey I personally would rather see two guys drop their gloves and have a scrap then the stick work and dirty play that has come into the game. I think player with all the new gear and face guards feel invincible... I don't think they are any more dirty just more careless in what they do. For example... back in the old days no helmets... the glass around the rinks and no nets and yet few head injuries or pucks being high.... players knew the risk and acted accordingly.

Just my Opinion

• Like 2

I've been a Bruins fan for as long as I remember. Actually I'll cheer for whatever team is playing against the Habs... lol. I'm from Kingston On and there was a number of players who were either from here or passed through here before heading to the NHL. There was also a farm team connection here with the Bruins in the 50-60's.

• Like 1

Habs get a big win in Florida by beating the Panthers 4-1, a couple of records

Carey Price ties a club record of most wins in a season with 42 tying a record held by Ken Dryden and Jacques Plante. We got some scoring from the 3rd and 4th lines which is good to see, we will need this to succeed in the Playoffs.

Mr Price has two chances to break the record this week, Thursday the Habs host Detroit, Saturday they are in Toronto to play the Leafs.

Michel Therrien gets his 200th win as coach of the Habs

Tomas Plekanec gets his 200th goal in his career.

A good day for the Montreal Canadiens.

• Like 2

Big challenge for me tonight.... I would like to see Ottawa make the playoffs but hard not to cheer for my team... The Leafs

Terrible ending to a great run.... freaking laafs played pretty well, but then again of course they would. Now the sens no longer control their faith... We need BOS/PITS/WASH to lose lose lose.

big senators fan here. was a nordiques fan before the moved to colorado. when they left i started taking for the sens. even if quebec comes back in the league i'm a sens fan for life.

• Like 3

This run for the Eastern conference playoffs has to be one of the closest that I have seen in recent years. Lots of potential upsets. Not good for the Pens tonight. Go Bruins go!

A big game tonight in Montreal when the Habs host the Redwings, there will be a lot of chanting "Carey""Carey" tonight when he tries to make history tonight by having 43 wins in the regular season, Go Carey Go !!!!!!!!

I must say as a strong Hab fan the Bell Centre would be a special place to be tonight.

Max Pacioretty is out for the last two regular session games after taking an awkward hit then falling into the boards hitting his head, hopefully everything will be good for him come this time next week when the playoffs start.

Edited by Triple HHH
Spelling