Sports you hate

GOLF.

My SO & In-laws who are avid Golfers berate me because I will find any excuse not to pound balls. They tell me that I'm quite good at this stoopid game. I don't believe them and I even get bored talking about it. I'm bored writing this post. My fingers just don't want to type because they are bored too.

Anyway, it drives my loved ones nuts because they think I should be destined for casual weekend golf greatness. Ohuuggg HUK - I almost coughed up a fur ball....sorry.

I just frigging hate golf. Despite being able to hit the ball in a straight line and at a decent distance, I just don't see the point *YAWN*!. To me, it's about as exciting as cleaning the toilet, watching paint dry, licking stamps, making the bed...you get the point.

I admit, I'm probably immature and I need to get a game for retirement - but golf ain't it! Lawn bowling isn't my thing either....sideways thought - maybe it has something to do with balls.

So, are you pretty good at something you absolutely despise?

I just wanna know that I'm not alone in this huge golf-god forbidden world. Can you suggest any non-golf related sports ?.

I was never into playing sports, but I do admire the skill sand dedication it takes to be good at certain ones.

I would rather watch paint dry than watch:

Curling

Golf

• Like 1

Not a big fan of baseball... or curling for that matter.

Just my Opinion

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of golf either but mini put is more interesting for me.lol

If you are looking for a retirement sport I would consider something you can do by yourself so you always try to beat your previous score. You might want to try skydiving, hang gliding, white water rafting, kayaking, mountain climbing or even just walking on a tight rope. Doesn't that sound like fun compared to golf?

I'm not a big fan of golf either but mini put is more interesting for me.lol

If you are looking for a retirement sport I would consider something you can do by yourself so you always try to beat your previous score. You might want to try skydiving, hang gliding, white water rafting, kayaking, mountain climbing or even just walking on a tight rope. Doesn't that sound like fun compared to golf?

Recently I have been spending quite a lot of time considering retirement... I have been thinking about what I would do with all my spare time and to be honest participating in sports has certainly not been part of that thought process... traveling to see more Hockey certainly has lol.... the closest thing to a physical activity that has been part of my plans is continuing my participation in this hobby... in my opinion better than any sport I would do by myself lololol

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

I detest (as in hate) golf and curling

I don't like watching baseball, football, hockey

Although I like jokes about the Maple Leafs...but then again the TML have nothing to do with sports or playing hockey LOL

I did skydive once with Emily Rushton...it was in a hotel in Kingston and Very Memorable...Em talks of Life Experiences well that was a fun and special experience that night ;-)

And while some may dispute it as a sport I guess fishing is it for me

RG

...I did skydive once with Emily Rushton...it was in a hotel in Kingston and Very Memorable...

And while some may dispute it as a sport I guess fishing is it for me

RG

I enjoy fishing too. Relaxing & pretty fun when you get a nibble on the line.

But, I'm intrigued - how the hell did you skydive out of a hotel room in Kingston with Em? The top floor in that hotel must be at least 2000 ft high (sorry just being a AH). :icon_biggrin:

I enjoy fishing too. Relaxing & pretty fun when you get a nibble on the line.

But, I'm intrigued - how the hell did you skydive out of a hotel room in Kingston with Em? The top floor in that hotel must be at least 2000 ft high (sorry just being a AH). :icon_biggrin:

Emily and I were skydiving in the hotel room...didn't step

(or jump) outside at all

Who even said anything about a top floor ;-)

But the phrase hit the silk means something very special to me

Details, well that's just a Magical Memory between Emily and me :-)

RG :-)

All of them.

Unless mocking sports has become a sport?

Lost even more interest in them when the Olympics started allowing professional athletes on Olympic teams. And synchonized swimming, of course. :)

All of them.

Unless mocking sports has become a sport?

Lost even more interest in them when the Olympics started allowing professional athletes on Olympic teams. And synchonized swimming, of course. :)

Synchronized swimming, sort of figure skating for swimmers isn't it LOL

Speaking of which, figure skating, isn't that for ice skaters who can't play hockey. Hey shouldn't the Toronto Maple Leafs be figure skating instead

And that's not mocking sports, because the TML have nothing in common with sports or hockey LOL

RG :-)

... And synchonized swimming, of course. :)

Believe it or not, a neighbour of mine is a former Olympic Gold medalist synchronized swimmer. I wonder how many hours of practice one has to spend in the pool drowning, swimming upside down and artfully dangling legs in the air.

But watching curling is like watching checkers, only the guys wear funny pants and the ladies yell a lot. I quite like it.

Wow hate...such a strong word.

I'm probably the other extreme from some of these posts. I love almost all sports. Watching and playing. Golf is great and well it's coming up to Masters weekend. Basketball, Final Four! Need I say more. And yes I also like tennis and a Prairie boy has to luv curling.

The one I wouldn't say hate...just don't get. Cricket. However, it is so fanatic in some parts of the world that I'm also intrigued. I think I'm gonna have to figure it out and then give it a watch. Might take a little longer before I can actually try it.

Cub

• Like 6