new phone

It's that time when I want a new phone.

I have no idea what to buy, and going to the stores is such a pain in the rear as they only want to sell you the phone that costs the most.

I don't like blackberry, but I'm unsure of what would be the best to buy.

I use my phone constantly, but this will be a secondary phone to use.

I don't care about price as much as I care about the ability to load apps and ease of use. I use the internet a lot and basically will use this new phone as a 'pocket office'.

If anyone has any suggestions of of what they consider the best out there, let me know.

Currently I use an Xperia (which I love), but I want to use that for personal. The new phone will be for this business.

You said you don't like BlackBerry but you should have a look at the Classic or the Passport... for business use excellent phones.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use a blackberry classic now for work (LOVE the keyboard), I did use a Z30 but the keyboard (touchscreen) was awful. iPhone or Samsung galaxy are good too, it all comes down to personal preference.

• Like 3

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 that I'm very happy with

There are a lot of choices out there, and what is right for one person may not be right for another person

Like Emily says, it comes down to personal preference

RG

• Like 1

I use a blackberry classic now for work (LOVE the keyboard), I did use a Z30 but the keyboard (touchscreen) was awful. iPhone or Samsung galaxy are good too, it all comes down to personal preference.

I use the BlackBerry Passport and love it but agree it is a little bit large for some people especially ladies... that said amazing for viewing pictures, email, documents and spreadsheets.

I just purchased a BlackBerry Classic for a family member and they love it...it is not quite as feature rich as the Passport but still an excellent phone. Bottom line you need to choose a phone that meet the needs for what you use it for.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

My personal phone is a Blackberry, and apps aren't a problem as most android apps are now available through Amazon. They are just introducing what should be a powerful new 5" called the Leap.

My other phone is Android, and I like the operating system mainly because I also have a Nexus tablet. As I also use a Surface Pro tablet I wouldn't recommend a Windows phone, with limited apps and little support. After a three year plan I will probable take a look at a new Samsung Note 4.

As for Apple, wasn't impressed with one device I had, and don't think I would want to get hooked into that eco system, and the others have more standardized connections.

• Like 1

I have the note 3 chosen specifically for the ability to multi-task (dual windows), have office features loaded plus tonnes of great free apps and large screen. Would love to upgrade to the Note 4 for the better camera. The Samsung S6 is also great. I started with Samsung and have loved every phone I've had. Many places are offering $0 down now.

• Like 1

My personal phone is a Blackberry, and apps aren't a problem as most android apps are now available through Amazon. They are just introducing what should be a powerful new 5" called the Leap.

My other phone is Android, and I like the operating system mainly because I also have a Nexus tablet. As I also use a Surface Pro tablet I wouldn't recommend a Windows phone, with limited apps and little support. After a three year plan I will probable take a look at a new Samsung Note 4.

As for Apple, wasn't impressed with one device I had, and don't think I would want to get hooked into that eco system, and the others have more standardized connections.

The "LEAP" is Blackberrys newest full touch screen device but it should be noted that it was introduced to provide a mid-range full touch screen price point option. It is aimed primarily at Business enterprise clients who are looking for replacement options for existing legacy BlackBerry devices.

As a mid-range device it's specs would be very comparable to other mid range units from other suppliers but would lack some of the features of the higher end Classic or Passport.

In comparison to the other BlackBerry full touch screen units it has a larger screen and improved battery then the Z10 but lacks things like micro HDMI out port and USB on the go functionality.

In Comparison to the Z30 the screen size is the same and so is the battery but the z30 certainly is more feature rich... I have had both a Z10 and Z30 and if I had not already moved to the Passport I am not sure if I would trade either the Z10 or Z30 for the Newer Leap.

In case you had not already guessed it... yes I am a big BlackBerry fan.

Just my Opinion

• Like 1

Guest N***he**Ont**y

I use the Galaxy S3 for personal use.I use a BBQ10 for work and one for my VOIP Line

Stick with Android (as you know it) and look for something similar in size. I'm still using the Note II and as it does everything I need it to. The s6 is beautiful but it felt too small. Holding out for the Note 5.

Pocket Office = Note, Nexus, LG G3

Pocket Office for smaller hands = Samsung S, Alpha, m9, BB

My opinion.

• Like 2

Finally opted for a Galaxy Note 4, like the big screen.

An excellent choice. The screen may feel big at first but in three weeks you will wonder how you did without it.

While traveling in Asia, 20% was Note or bigger. Most users were woman. The men were all about appleand man did they love the white model. Oh and the engravings were always references to soccer players. "Park Ji Sung fighting!"

I will do the same when they announce the Note 5. September announcement means N4 prices should fall late summer-early fall. I might consider the 5 but I figure it will be a 5.5-6 inch s6edge.

Anyways, enjoy the phone.

Did you play with the S6 at all? Again too small for me but that has to be the best screen I have ever seen.

Edited by SpiralStaircase
Forgot quote, OCD, dizzy, multitasking
  • Like 1

I would like a note but just too big for me to carry around with... I do like the big screen though.

I can see why the women like them and at least they have a purse to put it in lol... Compared to my jean pockets lol.

My nexus 5 works for me at the moment, but might do a change this summer...debating which direction to go in... Maybe blackberry.

• Like 1

Malware, do research on Apple, BB and Android. I suggest Kaspersky Labs and others you may find. I speak from 40 years in the IT/network business. Look also into ease of software patching or system upgrading. If you plan to keep the phone at least 4 years you will want to be able to protect yourself from future viruses, malware etc.

Phones are very much a personal thing these days...

Me, I don't like Apple and like Google far, far less. I doubt Blackberry will be around in 5 years, so that leaves Windows Phone for me. I'm heavily invested in MS's ecosystem, so that made sense for me. Plus, I just prefer the OS.

But, that's just me.

For you, sticking with Android sounds the way to go. Plenty of great phones out there, and if price isn't a concern, going with a high-end flagship makes sense. Samsung is probably the most popular out there, but there are certainly others.

Have a look at the reviews on Android Central and read the forums for the models that may interest you. That should help in the decision.

Good luck!

• Like 1

I find it very difficult to move away from Apple products when everything I own is Apple, I really do like what is out there in the market for Android phones. But when you can come home, turn on TV and receiver, play music from my Ipad or Iphone, (with over 700 song list) throughout the house ( ceiling speakers throughout ) How can you change... can you move your music purchases from your Apple products to a Android, such as the new galaxy 4-5...I'm asking...anyone know. Thanks

Guest D***el B***e

Mine is a Bell Northern 500 series. Very rugged and functional. It comes standard with an adjustable volume control for the external bell. The only drawback I find is with the cord, it definitely could be longer (anybody under thirty has no idea what I'm talking about! lol lol).

Debatable lol

Everything is! lol but for someone who doesn't know the phone... and the ease and practically... nothing beats it. If you do want to know what's up.. its android because you can do many different things. Lots of which no one cares about or does. lol

... can you move your music purchases from your Apple products to a Android, such as the new galaxy 4-5...I'm asking...anyone know. Thanks

Short answer is...Yes. Absolutely.

Longer answer would depend on how you play your music in the home and if your music is stored locally or with Apple in the cloud.

Generally, you can copy and paste the songs, or there are third party apps to handle the export/import for you.

• Like 1