What would you consider as a bad area not to visit?

truthful no area in Dartmouth is better than the other, its just individual preferences. I've lived all over and I prefer Halifax central and downtown areas to be the best. The only benefit of moving away from downtown areas in any city is to save on cost of rent, lets be honest.

So here I am again at square one, Have Mercy!! I see many SP's moving to Dartmouth but I am still hesitant to set up a new play home there only because I don't know the good areas and the distance it is from my family home. My place DT Halifax was very discrete but not perfect, I made it my own and all about me and it showed the different sides of me.

Where are the good areas in Dartmouth? I'd rather stay in Halifax because that is where I have lived my entire life.

Big thanks in advance,

Lexy

I know little about Halifax, save that Air Canada seem to like leaving me there at midnight on a frequent basis throughout the winter! The Harbourview hotel, hasn't got one I've ever seen!

I don't mean to pry, and I hope I haven't missed anything obvious in my reading of the thread, but why not stay where you are?

CB

I don't mean to pry, and I hope I haven't missed anything obvious in my reading of the thread, but why not stay where you are?

CB

I had 2 places, my family home and play home. On Thanksgiving I woke up to a flooded play home that is fully carpeted and they say it will take a month or so to fix. I had to remove everything to prevent further damage to my belongings. I'm not able to stay there and refuse to pay the amount of rent I was paying just to keep a place I am unable to use.

This is why I brought the subject up again because I see many SP's moving to Dartmouth but I am still hesitant to set up a new play home there only because I don't know the good areas and the distance it is from my family home.

Where are the good areas in Dartmouth? I'd rather stay in Halifax because that is where I have lived my entire life.

Lexy, I've being meaning to see if we can touch base for a while but hasn't come to pass so far (close though, you were other wise engaged on the couple of times I've enquired), WRT to this thread though, it may be worth considering changing the question to "where would your client base best feel connecting with you".

Am not intending to hijack the thread, but if posed the question, my answer would be upscale Halifax, Dartmouth or Bedford - easily accesible, anonymous parking in a quiet area. This may sound somewhat rhetorical given both our knowledges of the area but is meant in simple good faith.

From what I understand, you're a class act and do look forward to meeting. Thanks for posting this, great thread!

G11 makes a sage point.

Who are your clientele and who would you wish them to be?

If the demographic could work for you, maybe a phase of outcall until you can find a good play home?

CB

If you have any questions regarding places I'd be happy to tell you about the area you are looking at. I've lived all over Dartmouth and Halifax. There are many places your friends may not want to vist so if you have some places in mind send a mesage. btw....Amateur Night at Ralph's is coming up soon.

• Like 1

This is a very good thread to read when your new to the Halifax area. I live downtown Halifax,and have not had any problems,however I am in a security locked/camera equipped building. I do notice a lot of homeless,and not so pleasant people hanging around though.I too have heard spry field is a bad neighborhood.

Is Clayton park not such a good place to reside? I have a couple acquaintances that live in that area and it seems to be very nice but I haven't the slightest clue lol.

I've had the pleasure of living all over this fine city and if you're looking at things from a providers stand point some of the bad area are sadly majority of the spryfield area and the fairview area (which is just next to the Clayton park area). I think all areas have nice streets, avenues, etc but even in downtown there are bad streets to live on.

I think SP's who are providing safe locations is Key, that consisting of safe buildings, with cameras, etc.

When doing outcalls, using Google maps to see where your going is usually a good indication if its a bad neighborhood or street. Even in spryfield which is a badish area, there are nice small subdivisions and streets in which some very reputable providers on cerb are based out of.

If looking in dartmouth just stay far away from churchill street and the surrounding area and anywhere near albro lake,gaston road or windmill. A drive through these areas would make it obvious why. Waverly, forest hills, colby, around lake banook are all nice areas and not far off the beaten path. There are some nice neighborhoods on both sides of the bridge.....Hope this helps