Lou Reed's Walk On The Wild Side

Guest s******ecan****

Very cooool....thanks for sharing November. I remember the period of my life when some of my friends and I began listening to Bowie, Reed, and Iggy Pop etc. Naturally "Transformer" was a must have part of any glam collection. I liked a lot of Reed's stuff over the years and must admit "Walk on the Wild Side" was always my favourite....though "Romeo Had Juliet" was a close second.

Never saw this before, had to laugh at that big ugly white limo near the end...had no idea they had them back in those days.

Very cooool....thanks for sharing November. I remember the period of my life when some of my friends and I began listening to Bowie, Reed, and Iggy Pop etc. Naturally "Transformer" was a must have part of any glam collection. I liked a lot of Reed's stuff over the years and must admit "Walk on the Wild Side" was always my favourite....though "Romeo Had Juliet" was a close second.

Never saw this before, had to laugh at that big ugly white limo near the end...had no idea they had them back in those days.

Yeah, brings back some memories for sure scott, "Sweet Jane" was one of my favs, still is.

Lou Reed's Walk On The Wild Side comes from the title of a Nelson Algren novel. Nelson Algren was a novelist who wrote about the seedy side of Chicago in the 50s. There is an article on the subject in this week's Montreal Gazette - "Living in Chicago's seedy underbelly" :

http://www.montrealgazette.com/opinion/reader-comments/Living+Chicago+seedy+underbelly/3419992/story.html